Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like Pep's staying...

bavanlan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also led to more turnovers from Luck too. People just assume Luck's ints and incompletions were down because he had improved in eliminating those bad errors out of his game and actually it was more to do with getting the ball out of his hands sooner, better protection, and asking him to do less in the passing game. Andrew I know has shown a lot of growth but as we saw especially those two playoff games if we ask him to carry the offense to chuck it a lot...7 ints....almost as many as a full season...that supposed explosive plays also went both ways. I think the plan is still to run the ball first and hopefully successful so Andrew can get the best looks possible off of play action and when throwing. We may have more of the offense back..but I don't think the game plan changes...pound Trent early and often...get hopefully both TEs involved, hopefully Reggie can be a big target on 3rd down and get our big plays from TY stretching the field and in the seams. That "conservative" approach is what won us a lot of games. Its great that Andrew can step up if we fall far behind and bring us back...but to ask him to be Peyton Manning or Drew Brees shouldn't be what we are looking for. Andrew needs to be more a game manager...like Tom Brady was early in his career and this year...picking up those 3rd downs and clutch in the closing minutes or on big drives...he doesn't need nor does he seem ready to be the Peyton Manning qb that the whole offense runs through. If we can do what San Diego did with Phillip Rivers this year...that would be ideal.

i think those turnovers are because the opposing defenses know that those short throws are coming i think 4 of the ints in the playoffs were short throws maybe 5 I'm not to sure because those were almost like our running plays just something to pick up some yards so were not working with a 2nd and 9. we couldn't rely on any RB picking up enough yards causing them to be predictable and the D knowing whats coming and being able to jump routes