Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Yeah I would expect him to benefit from the new coaching staff also. But one of those benefits might be not trying to play him at guard when he's probably not physically suited for anything but center, IMO. That's where he played in 2021, I think that's where he should stay.
    • The entire Oline was bad in 22. Maybe Pinter would be ok at guard with a new head coach and OLINE coach. I don’t think you can take much away from 22. It was just bad.
    • Next round of OTAs begin tomorrow.    
    • I honestly thought he had it entering turn 2 on the final lap. He was nearly 3 car lengths ahead. So damn close. I feel for him and for you!    I grew up in a family of Andretti supporters (I was the odd one who also like Foyt), so imagine my disbelief when Michael allowed his son to take the flag only to have Sam Hornish Jr. snatch it all away at the last second…    Maybe Pato will have a Sato like Renaissance? 
    • Pato has been my favorite driver for a couple of years now. I got to experience this 500 almost fully. I was at almost every practice, I had a badge to get back in the garage, and I saw the race from an entirely different perspective for it.    The 5 team has had plenty of problems since the de-facto win in St. Pete. Those problems haven’t stopped all month. His car was snappy loose all month, and even during the race. I’ve told all my racing friends that Rossi was the best McLaren and he had the best shot. I expected Pato to run around the 7-10 range Sunday. He spent the first 2/3 of the day back in the 13-16 range and I thought it was a lost cause. When he cycled up front and came alive late, I couldn’t believe it. He's such a savvy racer in this race. He reminds me of Dale Earnhardt at a SS. He just knows where to go with his car when he needs to go. It’s like he senses the air and how to navigate it perfectly.    I sat over in T4. Dead center of the turn. 5th row. By the time they entered T3 I could turn my head from the big screen across the track and see them exit.    Watching Newgarden pass Pato on the outside in T3 coming to the checkers is something I’ll never forget. It was emotionally draining for me as a fan and 2 days later it’s still like my dog ran away or something. I even accidentally turned my phone on in my hand and recorded my own reaction to it. You can see me scream “NO!” As Newgarden went outside and then immediately turn to see them coming though 3. It’s salty language so if GDs and F bombs aren’t for you, I suggest not watching. 😬     When it was over I sat down, and looked at the guy I was with and said “I haven’t been this emotionally overloaded by sports since 4th and 2” and he knew just what that meant because he was sitting next to me that night as well.    I just hope someone checked out Newgarden’s software after the race. Make sure they didn’t convince themselves of any new rules or anything. 🤔
  • Members