Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

build this team in the next two years

love the shoe

I don't see any Watsons and Shermans available,

Their drafting has been impeccable.  Sherman was a 5th round pick, Wilson was a 3rd round pick (not that we need a QB), Thurmond was a 4th round pick, Kam Chancellor was a 5th round pick, etc.  They have talent and their coaches have the right system in place for them to have success.  While those guys may not be available outright, who's to say we don't find the next Richard Sherman in the draft?  A late round pick who becomes a stud

I know Grigson has had to be aggressive to win now, but I do wish we hadn't lost draft picks.  That is the blood for the team.  Even Grigson has said his background is in college scouting and the draft is ultimately how to build a great team.  So only having 5 picks next year will hurt.  I don't expect any compensatory picks because we signed so many free agents.

As far as the Richardson trade, I do think that will pain out.  It is just so hard to judge a RB when there are no holes most of the time. I am a Donald Brown fan, but even he hardly saw much daylight today.  He is just far more decisive than Richardson.  But I expect next year with more OLineman and a year under his belt, Richardson will be the back everyone thinks he can be.  He has a great attitude, great ability, and is smart.  He will get it done