Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4-3

NDcolt

No, it's not.  In the 3-4, you have 1 less defensive linemen and one extra LB.  So you have one less big guy and one more guy with speed to help with pass coverage.  In the 4-3, you have 4 defensive linemen, so you have 4 big guys up front fighting in the trenches.  The 3-4 is also harder to predict where the extra rusher is coming from and if the usual blitzer is rushing or dropping into coverage, but you don't have that stuff with the 4-3.  The 4-3 is designed to stop the run better than the 3-4

Think of it this way; the transition from the 4-3 to 3-4 saw us kick out DE's to OLB's and DT's to DE's.  The biggest difference was we pulled 2 undersized OLB's out and put in another MLB and Nose Tackle.  That should make it MUCH more stout at the point of attack.

You may have less DL and more LB's, but all of them are about one position larger/stronger across the board.

shepard was much better than angerer and actually played pretty well down the stretch. 

conner was always our best ilber not named freeman

those are just the facts

Those are Your observations. Shepard sucks. Played pretty well down the stretch? He played better than earlier in the year when he was the worst NFL linebacker I have ever seen in my 44 years. The long TD run that Blount had Shepard was our man there. He got tossed aside by an offensive linemen like he was ragdoll. He has no business starting for an NFL team. I love the Colts and I don't trash the players unless its just glaringly bad. Shepard needs to go.

Those are Your observations. Shepard sucks. Played pretty well down the stretch? He played better than earlier in the year when he was the worst NFL linebacker I have ever seen in my 44 years. The long TD run that Blount had Shepard was our man there. He got tossed aside by an offensive linemen like he was ragdoll. He has no business starting for an NFL team. I love the Colts and I don't trash the players unless its just glaringly bad. Shepard needs to go.

those were my observations. Also known as facts.

I don't want him starting but no need for your hyperbole

JMO but maybe our GM and coaches have hyped their decisions to Irsay so much they can`t get themselves to admit they screwed up on MANY of THEIR guys. Irsay needs to be ON IT and make some serious decisions about the future of his Franchise.

This off season is Critical for out future.