Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

winds could gust up to 50mph.

Stephen

No. call him Pay-a-ton. He robbed your franchise for a decade and went to Denver to milk them now.

I'm willing to bet if you asked the Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, etc. if they would happily "Pay-a-ton" to WIN a Super Bowl, I guarantee every single one of them would say YES!! Period. I'll be thankful for Peyton winning us 1 and getting to another because I know how hard it is to get there, let alone win. Would we have like more, of course! But were building THIS team the way we need to in order to win multiple Super Bowls much like the Pats did OVER 10 YEARS AGO. This will hopefully be a very entertaining game and it's obviously going to workout for one of the teams...GO COLTS!! BLEED BLUE!!

Yep.  Notice in the Seahawks game it's the dome guy who is struggling too.  Brady has a whole a career of playing in a stadium where weather is a regular issue.  Andrew really hasn't played in conditions like this in terms of the heavy wind and rain at the NFL level yet.  Also Payton just told Erin Andrews at half-time that the wind is causing all kinds of issues for Drew Brees.  If it's bothering Drew Brees we are dreaming a little bit to think it might not impact Luck or Brady for that matter.  This is a game the Colts can't afford to get down big in and try to rally throwing the ball like they did last week.  I think you are going to see both teams try to run the ball till the other stops it.  Whoever does a better job shutting down the ball and protecting the ball wins IMO.

Luck did throw perfect passes in the wind at his pro day!

The weather will not know, nor care, who is the home team and who is the visitors. Both teams have very capable running games and quarterbacks who can very well run an effective short passing game. Turnovers will be more key than anything the weather is going to throw at each team. All I know is that the Colts have been building this team to be a tough, ground and pound type of offense. Due to the injuries of Bradshaw, Ballard, Allen, and others, I am not so sure we are quite there yet. I still like our chances because this team does not give up! We will take it right to the Patriots and if we can punch them in the mouth a few times and get a lead, look out. Forget about the weather...it's NOT GOING TO MATTER!

The weather will not know, nor care, who is the home team and who is the visitors. Both teams have very capable running games and quarterbacks who can very well run an effective short passing game. Turnovers will be more key than anything the weather is going to throw at each team. All I know is that the Colts have been building this team to be a tough, ground and pound type of offense. Due to the injuries of Bradshaw, Ballard, Allen, and others, I am not so sure we are quite there yet. I still like our chances because this team does not give up! We will take it right to the Patriots and if we can punch them in the mouth a few times and get a lead, look out. Forget about the weather...it's NOT GOING TO MATTER!

yeah disagree.  Look at the live shot on CBS it's going to be a factor.  It might not be the biggest factor but these are going to be difficult conditions to play in.  Hanging on to the ball will be big and the weather could wreck havoc with the kicking game.  Also, Deirdorf just said it's coming in waves meaning it will rain hard for a little and then stop and then rain hard again.  So just some simple luck to get the ball when the rain has stopped might be big as well.