Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+10) @ Denver (1-12-14) AFC playoff

oldunclemark

Whisenhunt having three job interviews during a week of a playoff game can't help the chargers

I personally think that shows disrespect for his current team players and organization.  I would think he could wait and the teams he is interviewing with would understand because they would want the same respect I would think. JMO

I personally think that shows disrespect for his current team players and organization.  I would think he could wait and the teams he is interviewing with would understand because they would want the same respect I would think. JMO

McCoy did same last year before l;os to Ravens, , Denver OC Gase refused interviews during bye wek

quick comment if played Sat night, would be travel day today right and Mathews would  not get a chance to practice as hasn't yet,m nor would others injured get extra day to heal / practice

At time i though weather wise was correct move, but weather seems same & less winds as of b now Sat night, couple that with chargers would be on short week, and less time to heal

I hope doesnt come back toi bite Broncos in the face, also Broncos would probably have a better ref team than one they got

I have a good feeling Peyton will throw like he did against Titans ( before the game everyone talked about his Cold game record ).

Hope So

10 points is too high to me but I am sure the Chargers prefer it this way.

agreed

Broncos win, but it goes over and i would take the chargers with points too.

i would take points to

The over-under is 54.5

I dont think either Denver-SD game went 'over' this year but you've got top QBs looking at defenses for the 3rd time..

Early weather forecat is for clear and sunny  in the 40s

I'd lean towards SD getting 10 points...and the 'over'

I am bad at score precictions

Bayone;

Yes, I think you're right on the missing Friday practice if they played on Saturday.  The Chargers tend to fly on Friday to East Coast, I don't think they do for Denver, probably will fly on Saturday. 

This late in the season, I'm not sure missing a practice with the running back is a huge issue - more so with receivers and tight ends. 

Audrey

Does anyone know the statistical trend when a team plays 3 times in a year?  That would be interesting to know.

Don't know off the top of my head, but it seems to be a wash. Pats/Jets played each other 3 times in 2010 and the Jets ended up with the W on the 3rd game (after losing to the Pats 45-3 in the previous game).

In 2007 the Cowboys swept the Giants in the regular season, got the #1 seed, and ended up losing to the Giants at home come playoff time.

2008 the Eagles and Giants split season series IIRC, Giants as #1 seed lose to WC Eagles at home.

2010 Packers and Bears played 3 times, splitting season series and then Packers winning 3rd game to go to Super Bowl.

2006 Eagles and Giants split season series, Eagles beat Giants in 3rd meeting.

2006 Patriots and Jets split season series, Pats beat Jets in WC game.

2009 Cowboys and Eagles played all 3 times, Cowboys won all 3 games

Didn't the Jaguars or someone go like 14-2, losing both games to the Titans and then losing their third game to the Titans again in the playoffs back in the 90s?

Don't know off the top of my head, but it seems to be a wash. Pats/Jets played each other 3 times in 2010 and the Jets ended up with the W on the 3rd game (after losing to the Pats 45-3 in the previous game).

In 2007 the Cowboys swept the Giants in the regular season, got the #1 seed, and ended up losing to the Giants at home come playoff time.

2008 the Eagles and Giants split season series IIRC, Giants as #1 seed lose to WC Eagles at home.

2010 Packers and Bears played 3 times, splitting season series and then Packers winning 3rd game to go to Super Bowl.

2006 Eagles and Giants split season series, Eagles beat Giants in 3rd meeting.

2006 Patriots and Jets split season series, Pats beat Jets in WC game.

2009 Cowboys and Eagles played all 3 times, Cowboys won all 3 games

Didn't the Jaguars or someone go like 14-2, losing both games to the Titans and then losing their third game to the Titans again in the playoffs back in the 90s?

Yup that last one is mind blowing. Losing all 3 games to the same team...

Both games tomorrow are going to be awesome to watch. I love this time of year and this weekend.

You guys looked really tough tonight - interesting that both of our teams have very capable QBs and receivers and yet have developed the same personality and game plan this year. 

Soooooo the usual Bronco defense? Against non-garbage QB's, that is.

Game will be played , as of now what is literally worse 4 hours of day for wind 

20-24 & thats not including the wind gusts

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Denver+CO+USCO0105:1:US?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

wind gusts up to 30 MPH

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Denver+CO+USCO0105:1:US

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Denver+CO+USCO0105:1:US?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

wind gusts up to 30 MPH

wind gusts up to 30 MPH

That is stunning Bayone. Where did this wind come from? Is that typical for Denver?

That is stunning Bayone. Where did this wind come from? Is that typical for Denver?

& last night was 10 mph and warmer

ave wind 8.7  MPH,, also temp start game at 39

also AM u quoted me previously in post Re weather on game That had this info , see yoour comment # 47  in weather post 

where this was all stated.  Below is what u responded to

bayone, on 11 Jan 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

Denver Post

God forbid, deity Eurus may blow it for Broncos

Greek gods don't have PR reps. So it was tricky to lock down an interview Friday afternoon with Eurus, the Greek deity of the unlucky east wind. I had questions. Denver has questions.

Why, of all weekends, has Eurus chosen to arrive in The Mile High this weekend? See, the forecast for Sunday's Broncos playoff game against the San Diego Chargers calls for winds around 20 miles per hour (Denver's average last year was 8.7)

Read more: Hochman: God forbid, deity Eurus may blow it for Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2q5AbVlDy 

& last night was 10 mph and warmer

ave wind 8.7  MPH,, also temp start game at 39

also AM u quoted me previously in post Re weather on game That had this info , see yoour comment # 47  in weather post 

where this was all stated.  Below is what u responded to

bayone, on 11 Jan 2014 - 05:03 AM, said:

Denver Post

God forbid, deity Eurus may blow it for Broncos

Greek gods don't have PR reps. So it was tricky to lock down an interview Friday afternoon with Eurus, the Greek deity of the unlucky east wind. I had questions. Denver has questions.

Why, of all weekends, has Eurus chosen to arrive in The Mile High this weekend? See, the forecast for Sunday's Broncos playoff game against the San Diego Chargers calls for winds around 20 miles per hour (Denver's average last year was 8.7)

Read more: Hochman: God forbid, deity Eurus may blow it for Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2q5AbVlDy 

Thanks Barry. Hope things are well. Looking forward big time to the game today.

PS  this suprises me

apparently Broncos had different staadium considered most hostile place to play but now  

Awhile back, Sports Illustrated received responses from 321 NFL players ranking the toughest stadium on the road. Denver's was not listed among the top 15. In a similar debate, an ESPN.com panel rated Denver at 12.

If the Broncos are to have a real chance to win two home playoff games for the fifth time in history, but the first time at this stadium, and reach the Super Bowl for the seventh time, but the first time in 15 years, they need, and deserve, that thunderous, old-time religion kind of fiery-furnace feeling from the orange masses.

Get Up! Giddyup! Barrel Man Up!

Original Mile High 

The Broncos had the most boisterous fans and the most successful home winning percentage from 1977-98. There was a correlation. They were an amazing 11-2 at Mile High Stadium in the postseason during that span

& Now

Since moving to the star-trek edifice with the corporate appellation, the Broncos are 2-2 in home playoff games, including the loss to Baltimore a year ago.

Read more: Paige: Thundering herd must be heard at Mile High - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_24893536/paige-thundering-herd-must-be-heard-at-mile-high#ixzz2qBfrz8rC 

Thanks Barry. Hope things are well. Looking forward big time to the game today.

wind will be an issue for Denver....only for SD if they fall behind..

The wind may bring kick runners into the game because some kicks will be short

u r right Maybe on kickoffs Trindon can get some good yrardage and Denver better cover when they kick off, but dont trusr Trindoon on the punts in the wind and Defense shall force punts , someone else needs to catch those high ones

UPDATE

• WNW 18 mph
  • Gusts: 49 mph

A brief morning shower or two; otherwise, increasingly windy with intervals of clouds and sun

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/daily-weather-forecast/347810?day=1

Windy City Forecast:   then falling to around 39 during the remainder of the day. Windy, with a west northwest wind 22 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph," according to the National Weather Service. 

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Denver&state=CO&site=BOU&textField1=39.75&textField2=-104.99&e=1#.UtLNHvRDvDU

stronger gusts expected Sunday afternoon that could reach 50 mph and make it tougher to lob a touchdown pass or kick a long field goal.

"I can't comment on how Peyton (Manning) is going to perform in the wind," said Dave Barjenbruch, meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Boulder. "There are going to be swirling winds.

Read more: Manning, Broncos may tangle with high winds in playoff game - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/weathernews/ci_24892420/broncos-qb-peyton-manning-may-tangle-high-winds#ixzz2qCoQLqod 

Might change what teams do with the coin toss

You need the wind in the 4th Q today

Yes it will be thought about & raises a good point

Nevertheless heres to Broncos Blowing by them faster than the wind gusts

thats it for me < late already, must go, Wish brioncos & peyton all the success they deserve , and that a SB

Does anyone know the statistical trend when a team plays 3 times in a year? That would be interesting to know.

I said this before.

2008 colts beat chargers in regular season in SD before losing in SD.

2009 Jets beat Indy in Indy in regular season (resting starters game) but lost in AFCCG in Indy

2010 Jets beat Pitt in Pitt in regular season but lost in AFCCG in Pitt

2013 Chargers beat Denver in regular season in Denver but lost to Dener in playoffs

History in playoffs is in favor of home team to not go down twice in their place in same season

2008 Steelers beat 2008 Ravens 3 times including AFCCG at Pitt