Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After The Massacre Mock Draft

We trade Luck and get the teams 1st 2nd and 3rd this year and 1st next year. I'm not going to guess the exact pick we get but somewhere from #7-#15.

#1 CB Morris Claiborne- We need a good CB early and he seems to be the best cover corner in the league.

#2 QB Nick Foles- It's still important to get somebody ready for the Colts after Manning and Foles would be a good pick here.

#2 SS Mark Barron- I love how this guy is flying around an making plays and we have no more trust in Bullitt.

#3 DT Tydreke Powell- Saints were having problems running the ball until they faced us, we still need another DT that's good in run support.

#3 CB Micah Hyde- I don't think i need to explain why we need another CB.

#4 WR Rueben Randle- The more games i watch from this guy the more i like him, he seem to have excellent speed and nice size to him. His stock may go up soon but im guessing he's late 3rd or early 4th now.

#5 LB- i don't know much about LB's that would go this late but we need somebody that has good coverage skills becuase were getting killed down the middle of the field.

#6 TE Michael Williams- is more of blocking TE but still make for a big target in the endzone at 6'6"

#7 DE Malik Jackson- I think either Brayton or Anderson could be gone next year and hopefully colts can get Mathis back. Adding another DE would be a smart move though.

We get picks No. 8 and No.18 from Browns

Round 1 pick No.8: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU, 6'0", 185, 4.46

Round 1 pick No.18: Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson, 6'2", 310, 5.04

Round 2 pick No.2: Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State / Nick Foles, QB, Arizona

Round 3 pick No.2: Antonio Allen, SS, South Carolina, 6'2", 208, 4.53

Round 4 pick No.2: Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt, 5'11", 188, 4.53 (ballhawk like D.J.Moore)

Round 5 pick No.2: Lance Lewis, WR, East Carolina, 6'1", 209, 4.4-4.5

Round 6 pick No.2: Kevin Koger, TE, Michigan, 6'4", 258, 4.67-4.78 (athletic TE that can do a lot of things with catching and blocking)

Round 7 pick No.2: Tyler Nielsen, OLB, Iowa, 6'3", 235, 4.54 (good with pass coverage)

We need to trade NO.1 pick to browns for there two 1st one 2nd one 3rd and 1st next year and get.

1. Dre Kirkpatrick CB

1. Manti Te'o ILB

2. Jerel Worthy DT

2. Nick Toon WR or Markelle Martin FS

3.Brandon Weeden QB or Mark Barron

3.Lucas Nix OG or Lavonte David OLB

That's all i got so far.

One thing I can say with a high degree of confidence is that the Colts won't go near Brandon Weeden if they have any expectation that Manning will play again. I say this because Weeden will be a 28 or 29 year old rookie so he's actually around a year and a half older than Painter. He's not the guy teams are going to look at if they're planning on a QB to start 2-3 years down the road. He seems to be very talented but his age is really going to limit his options in the NFL.

We trade Luck and get the teams 1st 2nd and 3rd this year and 1st next year. I'm not going to guess the exact pick we get but somewhere from #7-#15.

#1 CB Morris Claiborne- We need a good CB early and he seems to be the best cover corner in the league.

#2 QB Nick Foles- It's still important to get somebody ready for the Colts after Manning and Foles would be a good pick here.

#2 SS Mark Barron- I love how this guy is flying around an making plays and we have no more trust in Bullitt.

#3 DT Tydreke Powell- Saints were having problems running the ball until they faced us, we still need another DT that's good in run support.

#3 CB Micah Hyde- I don't think i need to explain why we need another CB.

#4 WR Rueben Randle- The more games i watch from this guy the more i like him, he seem to have excellent speed and nice size to him. His stock may go up soon but im guessing he's late 3rd or early 4th now.

#5 LB- i don't know much about LB's that would go this late but we need somebody that has good coverage skills becuase were getting killed down the middle of the field.

#6 TE Michael Williams- is more of blocking TE but still make for a big target in the endzone at 6'6"

#7 DE Malik Jackson- I think either Brayton or Anderson could be gone next year and hopefully colts can get Mathis back. Adding another DE would be a smart move though.

I replied to the wrong post...

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

The Browns won't be pursuing Luck, so I'm not sure as to why everyone assumes they will jump on that trade...

It's likely we only get 1 first rounder for him (this year), and then some other picks and (hopefully) players.

The Browns are not cap strapped by any means with Colt McCoy who is a 3rd rounder who would have had a year and a half of starting prowess to show them something, it is like the Panthers having Jimmy Clausen but opting to go with Cam Newton when they got the chance, it is not out of the real. But personally, I think the Browns, playing a 4-3 D now, will either go after Quinton Coples, or after Alshon Jeffery at the No.2 or No.3 spot where I expect us to pick. That is the more realistic trade scenario for the Browns for which they may move up.

I expect a lot of teams to move up mainly because of the rookie salary cap, and I can only hope that the Colts are willing to trade down since our needs are several.

We get picks No. 8 and No.18 from Browns

Round 1 pick No.8: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU, 6'0", 185, 4.46

Round 1 pick No.18: Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson, 6'2", 310, 5.04

Round 2 pick No.2: Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State / Nick Foles, QB, Arizona

Round 3 pick No.2: Antonio Allen, SS, South Carolina, 6'2", 208, 4.53

Round 4 pick No.2: Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt, 5'11", 188, 4.53 (ballhawk like D.J.Moore)

Round 5 pick No.2: Lance Lewis, WR, East Carolina, 6'1", 209, 4.4-4.5

Round 6 pick No.2: Kevin Koger, TE, Michigan, 6'4", 258, 4.67-4.78 (athletic TE that can do a lot of things with catching and blocking)

Round 7 pick No.2: Tyler Nielsen, OLB, Iowa, 6'3", 235, 4.54 (good with pass coverage)

Your 2 first picks are almost practically perfect, but why Kirk Cousins? I would draft WR Jeff Fuller instead.

Your 2 first picks are almost practically perfect, but why Kirk Cousins? I would draft WR Jeff Fuller instead.

He has a good arm and good mechanics, I saw some of his throws over the LBs and underneath the safety in the middle to the TE, a difficult throw to make in the pros and he threw it a couple of times effortlessly. I think his stock will go up during the combine. If teams could reach for Christian Ponder and Jake Locker, drafting Cousins in round 2 early would not be a reach, IMO.

Edited by chad72

He has a good arm and good mechanics, I saw some of his throws over the LBs and underneath the safety in the middle to the TE, a difficult throw to make in the pros and he threw it a couple of times effortlessly. I think his stock will go up during the combine. If teams could reach for Christian Ponder and Jake Locker, drafting Cousins in round 2 early would not be a reach, IMO.

I'm sure Kirk Cousins is a good quarterback, but I don't think we really need him. We need to find an eventual replacement for Reggie Wayne down the road, and I really like Jeff Fuller out of Texas A&M. I'm guessing we will keep Reggie for about 3 more years, and Fuller can start to become the next top WR for us after Reggie is done.

I'm sure Kirk Cousins is a good quarterback, but I don't think we really need him. We need to find an eventual replacement for Reggie Wayne down the road, and I really like Jeff Fuller out of Texas A&M. I'm guessing we will keep Reggie for about 3 more years, and Fuller can start to become the next top WR for us after Reggie is done.

To address your WR concerns, in my mock draft, I would then have to forego the NT pick at No.18 and do the WR pick at No. 8 (since Jeffery, Blackmon, and Floyd will be gone by No.18). So, it would be Michael Floyd at No.8 and Alfonso Dennard of Nebraska at No.18. I like the upside of Jeffery, Floyd and Blackmon over Fuller right now. Then, get the NT pick instead of the extra CB and hope our existing CBs can improve with a new DC.

To address your WR concerns, in my mock draft, I would then have to forego the NT pick at No.18 and do the WR pick at No. 8 (since Jeffery, Blackmon, and Floyd will be gone by No.18). So, it would be Michael Floyd at No.8 and Alfonso Dennard of Nebraska at No.18. I like the upside of Jeffery, Floyd and Blackmon over Fuller right now. Then, get the NT pick instead of the extra CB and hope our existing CBs can improve with a new DC.

You don't have to get rid of Brandon Thompson, we still need more depth and talent along the D-line. I actually like Jeff Fuller better than Floyd, although I have yet to really see Floyd play. It seems that Floyd's best aspect is yards after the catch, but I really don't know that much about him. Fuller is a talented playmaker at 6'4" 220 lbs, and he seems like a great choice to be the eventual replacement of Reggie.

If we don't get Morris Claiborne though, another guy that I like is Alphsono Dennard CB out of Nebraska, the guy you mentioned. I'm not sure what coverages Nebraska plays, but he is really talented as well.

My first 3 picks according to your mock draft would be:

#8: CB Morris Claiborne

#18: DT Brandon Thompson

# 34: WR Jeff Fuller

You don't have to get rid of Brandon Thompson, we still need more depth and talent along the D-line. I actually like Jeff Fuller better than Floyd, although I have yet to really see Floyd play. It seems that Floyd's best aspect is yards after the catch, but I really don't know that much about him. Fuller is a talented playmaker at 6'4" 220 lbs, and he seems like a great choice to be the eventual replacement of Reggie.

If we don't get Morris Claiborne though, another guy that I like is Alphsono Dennard CB out of Nebraska, the guy you mentioned. I'm not sure what coverages Nebraska plays, but he is really talented as well.

My first 3 picks according to your mock draft would be:

#8: CB Morris Claiborne

#18: DT Brandon Thompson

# 34: WR Jeff Fuller

Jeff Fuller's stock is dropping to bottom of round 2 to round 3 - here (probably because of his injuries and abilities???)

http://www.nfldrafts...=2012&genpos=WR

It is further endorsed by this: http://www.cbssports...s?&start_row=51

Read his profile: http://www.cbssports...players/1620863

Key excerpts from profile:

Drops the occasional catchable pass in crucial situations.

Not exceptionally elusive with the ball in his hands. Takes time to change direction or turn upfield with his back to defender. Ducks his head to accept contact instead of using vision to find an opening, though he will push through tackles for extra yardage.

Long-legged receiver who may have troubles evading savvy NFL corners. Stands up and slows down before making some cuts, but is still agile for his height. Not always on the same page with quarterback on hot reads or route adjustments. Loses track of where the sideline is on some deep routes.

A lot of no-nos for the Colts system, IMO. Not a fit, to be honest.

Edited by chad72

The Browns won't be pursuing Luck, so I'm not sure as to why everyone assumes they will jump on that trade...

It's likely we only get 1 first rounder for him (this year), and then some other picks and (hopefully) players.

and you know this how? not that i think it will happen, but what makes you think this?

Jeff Fuller's stock is dropping to bottom of round 2 to round 3 - here (probably because of his injuries and abilities???)

http://www.nfldrafts...=2012&genpos=WR

It is further endorsed by this: http://www.cbssports...s?&start_row=51

Read his profile: http://www.cbssports...players/1620863

Key excerpts from profile:

Drops the occasional catchable pass in crucial situations.

Not exceptionally elusive with the ball in his hands. Takes time to change direction or turn upfield with his back to defender. Ducks his head to accept contact instead of using vision to find an opening, though he will push through tackles for extra yardage.

Long-legged receiver who may have troubles evading savvy NFL corners. Stands up and slows down before making some cuts, but is still agile for his height. Not always on the same page with quarterback on hot reads or route adjustments. Loses track of where the sideline is on some deep routes.

A lot of no-nos for the Colts system, IMO. Not a fit, to be honest.

We just need a talented guy who can learn from Reggie for a few years. WR isn't really a need right now, but it will be in a couple of years.

Also I didn't know that he was injured.

why would you trade "the best prospect since elway" for draft picks considering the franchise is in his mid 30's and coming off a neck fusion? if the colts get the first pick i'm only trading him if a proven player/players are part of the deal. heck, i would call someone like the ravens and see if the would part with haloti ngata. i'm sure ozzie has already figured out they aren't winning the SB with joe flacco.

why would you trade "the best prospect since elway" for draft picks considering the franchise is in his mid 30's and coming off a neck fusion? if the colts get the first pick i'm only trading him if a proven player/players are part of the deal. heck, i would call someone like the ravens and see if the would part with haloti ngata. i'm sure ozzie has already figured out they aren't winning the SB with joe flacco.

You do realize that our problem runs a lot deeper then just not having Manning around. Even if we did have Manning we still wouldn't be able to run the table to the Superbowl becuase our secondary is garbage. Any half decent QB will torch are secondary which is why we should improve the defense 1st. I do see your point if Peyton ends up thinking he can only play one more year or less. Assuming that Luck would be anywhere close to Peytons level is just wishful thinking, there is chance he could be but it's still a long shot. We need to gut our CB's and just have Powers and Thomas and rebuild from there.

You do realize that our problem runs a lot deeper then just not having Manning around. Even if we did have Manning we still wouldn't be able to run the table to the Superbowl becuase our secondary is garbage. Any half decent QB will torch are secondary which is why we should improve the defense 1st. I do see your point if Peyton ends up thinking he can only play one more year or less. Assuming that Luck would be anywhere close to Peytons level is just wishful thinking, there is chance he could be but it's still a long shot. We need to gut our CB's and just have Powers and Thomas and rebuild from there.

?? yes i realize that....that's why i was advocating trading luck for proven players, not unproven rookies.

?? yes i realize that....that's why i was advocating trading luck for proven players, not unproven rookies.

As long as Polian is around that won't happen, he only believes in building the team from the draft. I bet he values draft picks more then veterans for some reason.

If we trade the pick to Miami(best option because they will have higher picks) we should draft Vontaze Burfict. I can see us trading back into the first and picking up Trent Richardson. Who knows he might be our Terrell Davis?

another running back....seriously? running back aren't worth first round picks imo

another running back....seriously? running back aren't worth first round picks imo

I wouldn't say RBs aren't worth first round picks in general...from time to time there is a RB that is just that much better that a 1st round pick is warranted and Trent Richardson is one of them. However, I don't think that a RB is worth a 1st round pick to the Colts. I could see maybe drafting a RB in the 2012 draft but it would be in a later round (4 or later). If we do draft a RB I wouldn't mind Cierre Wood in the 4th/5th round though he's a rSo so he would be eligible but he could very well stay in school. On the other hand a burner like Jeff Demps from Florida in the 5th round might make sense if they part ways with Brown. He'd make a great change of pace back and might be able to help in the return game as well.

We absolutely could not afford Ngata. Also, why would they trade the anchor (and future) of their defense for an unproven QB?

and you know this how? not that i think it will happen, but what makes you think this?

Common sense. This isn't the Carolina situation where Clausen was sketchy at-best, so they replaced him with an entertainer who has a unique skill set. Colt McCoy can play. He's accurate, he's smart, and he's mobile. He just doesn't have any weapons other than a bulldozer playing HB. They also need help on their new defense. The Browns will likely seek to add young WR's that can grow with McCoy, as well as elite pass rushers.

We absolutely could not afford Ngata. Also, why would they trade the anchor (and future) of their defense for an unproven QB?

Common sense. This isn't the Carolina situation where Clausen was sketchy at-best, so they replaced him with an entertainer who has a unique skill set. Colt McCoy can play. He's accurate, he's smart, and he's mobile. He just doesn't have any weapons other than a bulldozer playing HB. They also need help on their new defense. The Browns will likely seek to add young WR's that can grow with McCoy, as well as elite pass rushers.

why would they? cause the way the rules are now it's getting close to impossible to win without a qb. not saying ozzie newsome would do it (although i believe he would have to think about it), but it's the type of deal i would look at if the colts wanted to trade luck. and yeah, i didn't think of his contract until after i posted...but if the colts rid themselves of collins, bracket, mathis or wayne, and maybe dallas clark maybe they could pull it off. and yes, i know i'm dreaming.....

oh and as far as the browns go....i just thought maybe you had heard holmgren say something.