Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BJoern

Dark Superman

Oh yes Werner absolutely has been bashed on here. I've seen a number of people already calling him a bust and at least a couple that have said he s hould be cut at the end of the year.

I haven't seen people give up on Werner yet, but a lot of the skepticism and doubt that I saw with Hughes I've seen with Werner.   Hughes has had a good year and I think if nothing else it shows that with some players you need to be willing to keep developing them.  The thing is, as a 1st round player the expectation was that he'd be an every down threat to rush the passer or at least a very productive 3rd down pass rusher.  While he's certainly better today, he's not THAT guy...he's a rotation guy and he seems to only excel when facing average competition.   Hughes may get better and I expect Werner to as well.  It's a tough postion to play and both guys are growing into it. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...he was....I never once saw a positive post, report or excuses being sent his way when he got any significant PT. 

You definitely were not reading all of the posts than.  There were people who supported Hughes up until the time he was traded, and did not like the trade. I frequently supported Hughes, Gavin was also an outspoken supporter of Hughes, and I am sure there were several others that I don't remember off the top of my head.

I never said he got bashed. But Werner hasn't taken ANY beating or negativity in any way here. But, I understand...fans interpret things the way they want and you're entitled to take my point in whatever direction you want. After all, its America.

Many people have voiced negative opinions of Werner.  I have not gone so far as to bash him, but have posted several times about my displeasure with the pick, as well as my other issues with him including giving up on plays, which is an issue he has had since college.  But, just like I did with Hughes I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being given the circumstances.

I don't know how long you have been following this board or how often you read it,  but you should definitely follow more closely or read more carefully before making these generalized assumptions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The WNBA is loaded with talented deep teams. Literally have played 2 of the best teams in the league(one, twice), in the first 4 games(so 3 out of 4). Not sure about the first team, but she picked up 2nd foul on a pretty bad call early in the game to out her on the bench. * refs, how do you call such a weak call on the main draw in their first game, I'm sure the league gave the refs a little push back afterwards.   It will take time for her to adjust and this team to compete with the top teams, who have built super teams and/ or been together for longer. I think I heard something like the fever had only been together for like 30 days or something?   The WNBA is loaded with talent, definitely one of the hardest leagues to make. 12 teams x 12 players - 144 players        There has been a lot of hate out there, this tweet below sums it up pretty well.     To hear all these current WNBA players trash talking her is crazy.   She has literally energized the market and games are selling out or close to. All that is going to do, is put more money in everyone's pocket. They need to be protecting her out there rather than trying to break her in half with a "who can screen her the hardest challenge".     She needs to cut down on the turnovers, but the Fever looked a lot better last night in the second matchup against that team. Probably should've won it, but they will improve as the season moves along and will take a year or two before they can compete with NY/LV type of teams.
    • He is a pass first QB but they are going to run the RPO and he's going to run ,so brace yourself. 
    • You and I agree. I rephrased my earlier comment to clarify what I was trying to to say. I meant that those supporting Butker are defending his right to freely speak but are not defending the same rights of those that disagree with Butker.
    • Sorry Doug.  I think you lost this argument in a landslide.      Perhaps you’re unaware that the nuns who run the school put out a statement saying they are not happy with what Butker said.  That they expected a speech celebrating these women graduating and going into the world to make it better anyway they want.   So the nuns think you’re wrong.    As for your standard media bashing…. I’ll put it simply.   A dog biting a man is NOT news.   A man biting a dog IS news.  
    • Most teams still don’t run qb sweep right with no option like the play that knocked him out for the season. And if you are defending the RPOs for AR, let's see how it plays out in the next couple years.  You certainly aren’t claiming running him on designed running plays has worked out great so far?   He may be built like a linebacker but so was Luck and in his first few seasons he used to say he liked getting nailed. How did that work out? Do we want Luck Part II?
  • Members