Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoColtsGo5150

Potential Josh Chapman?

Good gameday morning everybody, I hope you're all well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285926/article/notre-dames-louis-nix-has-seasonending-surgery

Here is an very interesting article I found on NFL.com. I call it interesting as we could perhaps draw parallels to when we drafted Josh Chapman. I understand there are bigger needs than NT but how would you feel if this injury caused his stock to fall.

Personally, I would take him with our 5th ( assuming he does actually fall) but that's just me.

Would you pass on him? think he won't fall? if you did want him, where would you take him?

I would pass on him because we do have Chapman who i believe next season will be our starting nose tackle.

I think he will drop to the 3rd round.

I would start to consider taking him if he is still around in the 6th. Think he has the exact same resume as Chapman. Dominant NT on a great defence who has an injury. I honestly think he wouldn't be that much different or better than Chappy.

I'm just supporting our guy though, and i think even if he is really good it's the best thing imo to let him sit behind Franklin this year who can teach him one or two things.

6'2" 357lbs Knee Tendinitis.......I'd pass, I would not be surprised if that is a recurring problem the rest of his career at his size and weight, I'd go with Deandre Coleman...6'5" 315lbs can play NT or DE in the 5th-6th.

He had arthroscopic surgery...not that big of deal. Still a first rounder.

He had arthroscopic surgery...not that big of deal. Still a first rounder.

It wont be the last problem he has with his knees at that weight and his position, Just like I expect Josh Chapmans knee problems to not go away

It wont be the last problem he has with his knees at that weight and his position, Just like I expect Josh Chapmans knee problems to not go away

Chapman tore his acl and continued to play on the rest of the season....that's not even remotely similar to arthroscopic surgery. Nix could use to lose 15-20 lbs, but guys like Wilfork, Hampton, Ngata, Jamal Williams, Ted Washington have all excelled at 330+ .

The problem with Nix, is that he's having arthroscopic knee surgery likely now, or next week.

Chapman had his in mind-January and it was more involved (I think than Chapman's)

My point is that Chapman fell all the way to the 5th round....   It's doubtful that Nix falls out of the first round,  but even if he did, he'll likely not fall past the 2nd round.    And if he does,  that's a flag that his knee injury is worse than feared.

So, we'd likely have to use our 2nd round pick to get Nix.    Is that really what you want to do?

He's a good player, but I think we have more pressing needs.  

Not for me......

I would hate to pass on a better talent, just to fill a pressing need (GUARD!), but always taking the best player available isn't always the best decision (see b.werner).

Chapman tore his acl and continued to play on the rest of the season....that's not even remotely similar to arthroscopic surgery. Nix could use to lose 15-20 lbs, but guys like Wilfork, Hampton, Ngata, Jamal Williams, Ted Washington have all excelled at 330+ .

Eh your probably right but anytime I hear knee problem problem and 300+lb Nose Tackles it gets me skeptical that they will fully recover to what they were before injury