Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Here's 2014 4.0 (full mock draft)

Our CB's when healthy have been good.  I don't think you take a DB in the 2nd round( My picks)

2 Zach Martin G/ Notre Dame

3 Hroniss Grassu C/Oregon

5 Rashad Greene WR/FSU

6 Ronald Powell OLB/Florida

7 Ben Gardner DE/Stanford (Redding's replacement)

Zach Martin is beyond overrated. He struggles in both pass-protection and is mediocre in run-blocking. At best, he's a scheme player who translates best to the backup position in the NFL. 

I'd rather not draft another centre the year after we spent a 4th rounder on one. 

Rashad Greene is pretty good, but he's another tiny WR (6'0, 180lb). We have too many of those already.

I'd stay away from ALL Florida prospects this year (exception of Purifoy). After the season they had, and considering how a team just put 400 rushing yards on them last Saturday, I'd be a bit skeptical of their D-Line and linebacker corps.

No way, Ben Gardner lasts till the 7th round. At the latest, 5th round for him. He's tall, strong, and is impossible to contain. Had he not gotten injured, he'd a borderline early-2nd round player. Now, probably 3rd round, 4th at the latest.

My Draft Attempt:

Round 2 Pick 28: Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 4 (ATL): Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State (A)
Round 5 Pick 4 (ATL): Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 5 Pick 28: Boseko Lokombo, OLB, Oregon (A)
Round 6 Pick 4 (ATL): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 6 Pick 28: Demonte McAllister, DT, Florida State (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati (A)

I don't think we would Re-sign Bethea.  As a good guy as he is, he isn't a play maker.  We need a real talent at the safety position. Hopefully someone big and fast

Bethea won't be back next year you can count on that. Neither of our safeties can cover but Landry does have speed and can hit. I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a ball hawking safety early in the draft.

Zach Martin is beyond overrated. He struggles in both pass-protection and is mediocre in run-blocking. At best, he's a scheme player who translates best to the backup position in the NFL. 

I'd rather not draft another centre the year after we spent a 4th rounder on one. 

Rashad Greene is pretty good, but he's another tiny WR (6'0, 180lb). We have too many of those already.

I'd stay away from ALL Florida prospects this year (exception of Purifoy). After the season they had, and considering how a team just put 400 rushing yards on them last Saturday, I'd be a bit skeptical of their D-Line and linebacker corps.

No way, Ben Gardner lasts till the 7th round. At the latest, 5th round for him. He's tall, strong, and is impossible to contain. Had he not gotten injured, he'd a borderline early-2nd round player. Now, probably 3rd round, 4th at the latest.

As the lone Stanford fan here on the website, I'd like to share some Gardner thoughts and tidbits....

First....   Ben is out for the rest of the year with a bad shoulder.   Needs surgery, so this is going to impact his draft stock.  

That said,  even if he was healthy I don't think he'd get drafted as high as you think, and I'm a Big Ben Gardner fan.

Second,  he's 6'4" and 275.   And while that's big enough for a 3-4 in college, I don't think it is in the pro game.   He'd have to gain 15-20 pounds,  and I'm not sure his body can support that kind of weight...  (290-295)    He maybe maxed out now at his current weight.

So,  between his injury and his size-limitations, it's possible he'll be available late in the draft.

Don't get me wrong,  Ben is a tremendous college player.   One of the leaders of the defense.   He's a terrific player and we miss him on defense right now!    I'm just not sure what his up-side is as a pro....

Hope this helps.....

My Draft Attempt:

Round 2 Pick 28: Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A)

Round 4 Pick 4 (ATL): Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State (A)

Round 5 Pick 4 (ATL): Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbilt (A)

Round 5 Pick 28: Boseko Lokombo, OLB, Oregon (A)

Round 6 Pick 4 (ATL): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)

Round 6 Pick 28: Demonte McAllister, DT, Florida State (A)

Round 7 Pick 10: Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati (A)

Finally.  Someone else thinks Lokombo is a player.  I love his athleticism and versatility.  Could play Walden's spot (add pass rush) or play ILB.  

Zach Martin overrated in pass protection?  Has not given up a sack this year.  He shut down Calhoun from Michigan St. and Van Noy BYU.  Martin is an above average run blocker and a good pass blocker.  He won't be available at our pick anyways probably.  Check out his film.  He dominates the Left Side.  I agree on Florida prospects except Purifoy is overrated.  We need DE, NT, ILB, drop OLB, CB, FS, OG, C, WR.  We need DE, OG, C, WR, and NT right now.  DaQuan Jones from Penn State might be a guy in the 3rd at NT.  Franklin & Chapman are not getting the job done.