Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

O-line according to PFF until after week 11 [Merge]

Dustin

no they don't. The thought of that is hilarious.

Walden was the worst rated olber according to pff for two years straight. Grigson sure didn't pay him like it.

Polian has publicly called them a joke. Polian would throw an agent out of his office if an agent was that stupid

lol, wrong again. Keep it coming. :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no they don't. The thought of that is hilarious.

Walden was the worst rated olber according to pff for two years straight. Grigson sure didn't pay him like it.

Polian has publicly called them a joke. Polian would throw an agent out of his office if an agent was that stupid

Oh, and Walden had horrible stats when it came to pass rushing and tackling, traits most often associated with LB, his containment stats were not bad however, that is primarily what he was brought in for.

he didn't say a agent wouldn't use pff, they would try anything to get their player the most money. he said the gm would disregard those type of ratings from websites. they are going to rely on their own staff of scouts, that's why they have them and some teame do better than others. if teams were using websites for scouting information, you wouldn't have some teams doing better than others in talent evaluation. they would all do the same thing.

Hence the 33% of teams using it that Dustin mentioned. And they do not use PFF as the total and absolute gospel, but they do reference it.

nothing I said was wrong

Your posts on this topic are clueless and embarrassing

Afraid not. All your posts have no substance or support. You say a lot of silly things, remember when the Colts were going to get 'killed' by the 49'ers?

Yeah... know what you are talking about then come back to me. :)

nothing I said was wrong

Your posts on this topic are clueless and embarrassing

The ONLY outside source that has ever directly benefited our contract negotiations with NFL teams. Pro Football Focus has literally helped us put dollars directly into our clients' pockets. Knowledge is power, and the power of tracking every single player on every single snap of every NFL game is absolutely immeasurable. — Dave Butz (SportsStars Inc.) NFL Agent

:)

The ONLY outside source that has ever directly benefited our contract negotiations with NFL teams. Pro Football Focus has literally helped us put dollars directly into our clients' pockets. Knowledge is power, and the power of tracking every single player on every single snap of every NFL game is absolutely immeasurable. — Dave Butz (SportsStars Inc.) NFL Agent

haha. Hilarious

The ONLY outside source that has ever directly benefited our contract negotiations with NFL teams. Pro Football Focus has literally helped us put dollars directly into our clients' pockets. Knowledge is power, and the power of tracking every single player on every single snap of every NFL game is absolutely immeasurable. — Dave Butz (SportsStars Inc.) NFL Agent

i am sure you can also post the quotes from a couple current gm's that say they use pff since you said 33% use them. this should be easy to to.

i am sure you can also post the quotes from a couple current gm's that say they use pff since you said 33% use them. this should be easy to to.

Hmm... and where did I say that exactly? Dustin stated 33% of teams reference them, that does not mean the GMs do. It simply backs up the point that there are plenty of substance behind PFF analysis. Certainly not 100% full proof but they use the most advanced analytics and couple that with actual qualitative evaluations as they spend there entire time watching film.

Why do you feel so inclined to demean them? They do good work, and professionals have acknowledged as much, not everyone's thing, but do not act like it is baseless.

wrong? No

I just give up trying to educate someone that is clueless. I actually feel sorry for you

Educate me how? You would have to offer some sort of logical retort , a skill you lack.

Good to know someone on an internet forum who calls himself 'dudeski' feels sorry for me.

Educate me how? You would have to offer some sort of logical retort , a skill you lack.

Good to know someone on an internet forum who calls himself 'dudeski' feels sorry for me.

the nfl front offices do not care about the opinions of fans grading players from their moms basements. They don't. Which is why I feel sorry for you

the nfl front offices do not care about the opinions of fans grading players from their moms basements. They don't. Which is why I feel sorry for you

Just like I don't care about someone who keeps arguing with me without merit, and calls himself dudeski, out of his mom's basement.

really? Are you a child?

lol.. the definition of hypocrisy. I have seen you mention several time the fact that you are never wrong. I have seen you be wrong several times, so this silly complex you have is getting a little old.

You don't care for PFF, and refuse to believe any professional within the NFL would treat it with any merit, and this is not going to change regardless of who has been quoted to the contrary... fine.

I however think it has plenty of value, whilst also being capable of not taking everything I see there as gospel.

There you go, I think you are stupid, you think I am stupid. Good thing neither of us care. :)

lol.. the definition of hypocrisy. I have seen you mention several time the fact that you are never wrong. I have seen you be wrong several times, so this silly complex you have is getting a little old.

You don't care for PFF, and refuse to believe any professional within the NFL would treat it with any merit, and this is not going to change regardless of who has been quoted to the contrary... fine.

I however think it has plenty of value, whilst also being capable of not taking everything I see there as gospel.

There you go, I think you are stupid, you think I am stupid. Good thing neither of us care. :)

i don't think you are stupid per se. I don't know you. I think you are being childish, grasping at straws and making horrible posts here.

I think you are embarrassingly wrong about pff. Actually I know it. That said, you aren't changing so this should end. I don't want to keep going because I might stoop to your level of posting

Hence the 33% of teams using it that Dustin mentioned. And they do not use PFF as the total and absolute gospel, but they do reference it.

seems like you agree with him, so can you post something from a gm saying they use pff to back up your post?

Hmm... and where did I say that exactly? Dustin stated 33% of teams reference them, that does not mean the GMs do. It simply backs up the point that there are plenty of substance behind PFF analysis. Certainly not 100% full proof but they use the most advanced analytics and couple that with actual qualitative evaluations as they spend there entire time watching film.

Why do you feel so inclined to demean them? They do good work, and professionals have acknowledged as much, not everyone's thing, but do not act like it is baseless.

"33% of teams reference them, that does not mean the GMs do" what does this mean?

i haven't said anything bad about them, just that teams don't use them to rate players.

seems like you agree with him, so can you post something from a gm saying they use pff to back up your post?

"33% of teams reference them, that does not mean the GMs do" what does this mean?

i haven't said anything bad about them, just that teams don't use them to rate players.

It mean you asked me to give you quotes from GMs, I don't have any, but they have been referenced by teams as a source of contextualizing and are often used by agents in contract negotiations, and they are not laughed away, because stats are the basis for the majority of negotiations in the league, because it is a sure-fire way to compare numbers to numbers.

And you misinterpreted me if you think I meant that teams use it to rate players. What I meant is Cherilus was the top rated RT per PFF, but he was not talked about in relation to top RT FAs by much of the mainstream media, yet the Colts made him the highest paid player in the league. Now did the Colts go after him because of his PFF stats? Of course not, but did Cherilus' agent bring in up when they were talking money, in comparison to the other RTs in the league? You can bet he did, because there is a numbers to numbers comparison there.

Stats talk in the NFL, I personally think too much, but they are a requirement given that there are simple too many snaps to accurately formulate your own assessment objectively.