Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-2) @ New England (11-24-13)

oldunclemark

Yup, that time of year... 

I have a four-year-old who'll be on skis for the first time this winter. She's still a little young for ice climbing though.  ;)

I remember when my youngest girl learned to ski at that same age. She's 11 now and scares the crap out of me. She's a little dare devil and loves the trees. 

Ice climbing? You really are a "Live Free or Die" guy. That takes balls.

I remember when my youngest girl learned to ski at that same age. She's 11 now and scares the crap out of me. She's a little dare devil and loves the trees. 

It's safer than it looks, as long as you're not being an *. (Probably a lot like riding motorcycles, which I've never done regularly because I'm convinced that I'm not careful enough and would probably die on one!)

Skiing is a good start. We live in MA now but only minutes from Nashoba Valley, so I'll get her out there shooshin'. And I know what you mean... mine are 4 and 15 months, and they scare the crap out of me regularly, lol...

They are making it out to be ridiculously cold and windy Sunday night.

Gosh I love these cold weather night games with good teams. :applause:

Me too Jules. Though I do wonder what critics who cling to Peyton's cold weather fatal flaw/achilles heel will say if #18 wins at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. Plus, Wes Welker's homecoming will be intriguing to watch. 

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Welker-I-Want-to-be-Out-There/f4220a33-53be-44da-befe-e040b43e1e38

tempQU6A1131--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

I have, Stryk....but I don't have a theory as to why...

....from a pure TV standpoint, you'd want the game indoors...

Its just the way the schedule has played out

Not to me. Football in late November/December was made to be played outside in the elements. Domes are for the soft & weak hearted IMHO. Give me nasty weather, a mud filled ground game, & a war of attrition & mental endurance everytime. 

GoPats life was used as inspiration for Bruce Willis most famous film role. "Yippie kai yay mother bleeper!" Only teasing!

As my father would say TAPLOOK you swung the door open. I merely walked through it on the next level...

livefreediehardcover.jpg

It's safer than it looks, as long as you're not being an *. (Probably a lot like riding motorcycles, which I've never done regularly because I'm convinced that I'm not careful enough and would probably die on one!)

Skiing is a good start. We live in MA now but only minutes from Nashoba Valley, so I'll get her out there shooshin'. And I know what you mean... mine are 4 and 15 months, and they scare the crap out of me regularly, lol...

Yes, perhaps that is indeed true GoPats, but what if you are several thousand feet up on an ice capped mountain before it dawns on you that a) you have bitten off more than you can chew, B) you have no clue what you are doing, & C) what time does helicopter rescue close up shop for the day anyway? LOL! 

[When I say "you" I am referring naturally to an inexperienced climber like say me for instance.] 

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are oldies but goodies

Excerpt

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are older than dirt. But can we please stop talking about them as geezers ready for rocking chairs at the retirement home for NFL quarterbacks?

These geezers rock.

Brady and Manning, however, are the main reasons the Patriots and Broncos appear to be the most dangerous teams in the AFC. It feels like much more than a death surge to their celebrated careers. This is no fluke. It's sustainable.

"It's pretty well documented, my respect for Tom as a quarterback," the 37-year-old Manning said. "The way he prepares, just the way he is better each season than the one before ..."

Neither Manning nor Brady is dependent on a laser rocket arm. Neither is a threat to beat defenses with their legs. So, no backhand compliment intended, but perhaps Brady and Manning are in some ways blessed by never being over-reliant on unbelievable physical gifts to be diminished by Father Time.

What keeps Manning and Brady so vital? "It's an extraordinary commitment that both of these guys have to make," Broncos interim coach Jack Del Rio said. The commitment can be as simple as taking care of an aging body to something far more essential: An endless curiosity for football that keeps hours of videotape study from growing old.

Brady and Manning are football nerds.

Nerds rule.

But this is no farewell. Manning and Brady are redefining what the prime of a quarterback's career can be.

Stand back.

Manning and Brady? They're just getting warmed up.

Read more: Kiszla: Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are oldies but goodies - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_24576137/manning-brady-oldies-but-goodies#ixzz2lNRSqeuK 

GO Pats thanks for warm wishes, as noted elsewhere today, 

may or may not be back on Power still going in & out , been home from hotel last night but storm approaching and lights flickering , Man is this irritating, had enough time to dump all food in fridge, afraid to buy more as issue appears recurrent 

((   still cant believe missed both last weeks Sunday nigght & monday night games involving these guys, hope can watch this weekend )))

Not to me. Football in late November/December was made to be played outside in the elements. Domes are for the soft & weak hearted IMHO. Give me nasty weather, a mud filled ground game, & a war of attrition & mental endurance everytime. 

This sentiment always in surprises me SW..

Historically, Football was not made to be played in December at all

Its a fall sport that really was NEVER meant to be played in sub freezing temperatures..

Domes are so the game can be played as it was intended...after it was supposed to be basketball season...