Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its a trend now after the Patriots and Chiefs losses

chad72

I was waiting for the Patriots loss to say this with some certainty.

Teams coming off their bye weeks have not fared well across the board.

Panthers coming off their bye week - lose 9-22 (or might be 6-22) to Cardinals to go 1-3 before their current run

49ers coming off their bye week - lose 9-10 to Panthers

Chargers coming off their bye week - lose 24-30 to Redskins

Chiefs coming off their bye week (remember Andy Reid is 13-1 in the PAST) - lose 17-27 to Broncos

Patriots coming off their bye week - lose 20-24 to Panthers

Broncos (an exception) coming off their bye week - win a close one 28-20 vs Chargers

Colts (an exception) coming off their bye week - dig a 6-24 hole before winning a close one 27-24 vs Texans

It is definitely a bigger trend than I thought for teams coming off their bye week.

Thoughts???

I was waiting for the Patriots loss to say this with some certainty.

Teams coming off their bye weeks have not fared well across the board.

Panthers coming off their bye week - lose 9-22 (or might be 6-22) to Cardinals to go 1-3 before their current run

49ers coming off their bye week - lose 9-10 to Panthers

Chargers coming off their bye week - lose 24-30 to Redskins

Chiefs coming off their bye week (remember Andy Reid is 13-1 in the PAST) - lose 17-27 to Broncos

Patriots coming off their bye week - lose 20-24 to Panthers

Broncos (an exception) coming off their bye week - win a close one 28-20 vs Chargers

Colts (an exception) coming off their bye week - dig a 6-24 hole before winning a close one 27-24 vs Texans

It is definitely a bigger trend than I thought for teams coming off their bye week.

Thoughts???

Could be an after effect of taking a week off.  Most teams seem to let their players take the week off, it could throw off the players a bit and get them out of rhythm.  

This has been a weird season overall. Lots of teams have put up stinkers, and at times they've been very unexpected stinkers. 

I actually thought that offensively, the Patriots were very sharp last night. Not a lot of big plays but Carolina wasn't giving them much. Defensively, they were up and down. Newton presents some difficult challenges for a defense though... there's no way Manning is running away from would-be sackers on Sunday night the way Cam was last night. Just hoping they get a little healthier. They really need both Talib and Dennard to bring their A-games on Sunday night. 

Interesting.

Like GoPats I was very pleased with what I saw from the Patriots last night. Their season is going pretty much exactly as many projected early on with all the issues they needed face. They are coming together at the right time with just enough taste of bitter defeat to keep them well grounded. I really like this teams SB chances.