Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

shipley

CantBeStopped

Yeah, there's something wrong with our staff's evaluation of talent, or what they consider of value. Either that or they're just playing favorites. I thought Shipley deserved to stay as well

Agree they needed to keep him sometimes I think their afraid to admit mistakes.Like keeping SAT at center because of his pay he should be gone not just his horrendous playing.

Meh, the only reason he is playing is because of injury to Osemele. But I'm sure his legend will continue to grow on this forum.

It's not about how good or bad he is. Its about the fact that last year, he was clearly better than anyone else we had at center, yet he was sent packing. That is frustrating as a fan, to see your team continue to make poor decisions on personnel for reasons not pertaining to play on the field. So what that you made a poor signing in Satele? Man up and play your best option. Don't keep starting bad players just so they can continue to have the opportunity to maybe vindicate you and your decisions one day.

It's not about how good or bad he is. Is about the fact that last year, he was clearly better than anyone else we had a center, yet he was sent packing. That is frustrating as a fan, to see your team continue to make poor decisions on personnel for reasons not pertaining to play on the field. So what that you made a poor signing in Satele? Man up and play your best option. Don't keep starting bad players just so they can continue to have the opportunity to maybe vindicate you and your decisions one day.

Shipley had a couple good games, let's not act like he dominated for half a season. Hell, even McGlynn has a good game now and then. Shipley can't even beat out Gino Gradkowski in Baltimore.

Shipley had a couple good games, let's not act like he dominated for half a season. Hell, even McGlynn has a good game now and then. Shipley can't even beat out Gino Gradkowski in Baltimore.

That's still a couple more good games than Satele has ever had since being here. Once again, it's not about Shipley, it's about this staff retaining inferior players even when they are outperformed by other players. Shipley is not a pro bowler but I'd rather he be our starting center right now than Satele, if forced to choose. I'm sure most here would agree, at this point

That's still a couple more good games than Satele has ever had since being here. Once again, it's not about Shipley, it's about this staff retaining inferior players even when they are outperformed by other players. Shipley is not a pro bowler but I'd rather he be our starting center right now than Satele, if forced to choose. I'm sure most here would agree, at this point

I'm not sure I would want most people on this forum to agree with me

You make things up? Gotcha

So what is your point in this thread, other than being THAT guy? The "I'm too cool to agree with anybody else" poster. Shipley was better than Satele last year when he played. Agree? Is that not reason enough for him to still be on the roster, if he played better than our current starting center? That's not to say he's the best center in the league or anything. Just that he was better than our current starter, and at the very least, would've been depth at the position

So what is your point in this thread, other than being THAT guy? The "I'm too cool to agree with anybody else" poster. Shipley was better than Satele last year when he played. Agree? Is that not reason enough for him to still be on the roster, if he played better than our current starting center? That's not to say he's the best center in the league or anything. Just that he was better than our current starter, and at the very least, would've been depth at the position

Dear lord. I not going to lose sleep over a mediocre player like Shipley. This board is fantastic at being outraged over guys that don't matter....Tommy Harris, Drake Nevis, Caesar Rayford, and yes, Shipley. Although I heard Gino Gradkowsi is buddies with Ozzie Newsome, so the fix is probably in in Baltimore. Yes, he prob outplayed Satele, but in a very small sample size...big deal. If anything I would rather have McGlynn at center...which is why he was brought here in the first place.

Dear lord. I not going to lose sleep over a mediocre player like Shipley. This board is fantastic at being outraged over guys that don't matter....Tommy Harris, Drake Nevis, Caesar Rayford, and yes, Shipley. Although I heard Gino Gradkowsi is buddies with Ozzie Newsome, so the fix is probably in in Baltimore. Yes, he prob outplayed Satele, but in a very small sample size...big deal. If anything I would rather have McGlynn at center...which is why he was brought here in the first place.

Fair enough. I don't want to argue

It's not about how good or bad he is. Its about the fact that last year, he was clearly better than anyone else we had at center, yet he was sent packing. That is frustrating as a fan, to see your team continue to make poor decisions on personnel for reasons not pertaining to play on the field. So what that you made a poor signing in Satele? Man up and play your best option. Don't keep starting bad players just so they can continue to have the opportunity to maybe vindicate you and your decisions one day.

F. Scott Fitzgerald couldn't have worded it any better.