Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener/Richardson

Greenoughrunner

Fleener looked good for the most part, he needs to get more looks in the red zone with Reggie out. Hilton did a good job with those TDs.

Richardson had more explosion coming out of the backfield. He needs more outside runs. I don't know why we keep trying to run it right in-between the guard and center and get absolutely nothing. Run the stretch play or power toss to get Trent in space.

Fleener looked good for the most part, he needs to get more looks in the red zone with Reggie out. Hilton did a good job with those TDs.

Richardson had more explosion coming out of the backfield. He needs more outside runs. I don't know why we keep trying to run it right in-between the guard and center and get absolutely nothing. Run the stretch play or power toss to get Trent in space.

Tell me about it. Square peg meet round hole. I understand that they are trying to establish a smash mouth identity. But hard to do that with cupcakes in the middle.

Tell me about it. Square peg meet round hole. I understand that they are trying to establish a smash mouth identity. But hard to do that with cupcakes in the middle.

Yeah, the only reason I can see that working is too create the illusion of running straight up the middle and then hit them with the play action fake.

And Pep keeps saying that he needs to be more creative to give Trent a chance, but he continually tries to play against his strengths, and the strength of our offensive line.

Yeah, the only reason I can see that working is too create the illusion of running straight up the middle and then hit them with the play action fake.

And Pep keeps saying that he needs to be more creative to give Trent a chance, but he continually tries to play against his strengths, and the strength of our offensive line.

agree and this makes absolutely no sense.  We should have gone out and acquired a back that fits our system and has the skills that we will maximize in our play calling.  Before you give away a #1 pick,  grigs, pagano, and pep should have known what Trent does well and had a plan for how we would use him.

agree and this makes absolutely no sense.  We should have gone out and acquired a back that fits our system and has the skills that we will maximize in our play calling.  Before you give away a #1 pick,  grigs, pagano, and pep should have known what Trent does well and had a plan for how we would use him.

Now I don't know about that. I can't say the Trent trade is a total bust yet. I think Pep is still trying to figure out what Trent does best.

I think of it like Trent came in Week 4 against the 49ers, that was the first preseason game with the team because he is having to learn a new offense and not be the featured offensive player for a offensive line that is patched together with duct tape. 

This past game showed some things that Pep can build on, like getting him out in space and have Trent create plays on his own. But of course, being down 21-3 at the half meant that Trent had to stay in and block to help keep the pressure off Luck, which he excelled at picking up the blitz in the 2nd half.

Trent fits into what we want to do, but Pep has to realize that trying run it in between the tackles isn't working.