Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 picks for Peyton

oldunclemark

I know,. I know..

30 of 44, 354, 4 TDs

...but he didnt seem satisfied with the way the game was going..

...and he threw a couple he just shouldn't have thrown..

But..yeah..I know.. 29 TDs in 8 games

81 yards short of 3,000 at the halfway mark...

But he clearly needs a break...cant throw 3 picks against good teams

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know,. I know..

30 of 44, 354, 4 TDs

...but he didnt seem satisfied with the way the game was going..

...and he threw a couple he just shouldn't have thrown..

But..yeah..I know.. 29 TDs in 8 games

81 yards short of 3,000 at the halfway mark...

But he clearly needs a break...cant throw 3 picks against good teams

I wouldn't consider Washington good.

But Washington isn't going anywhere when the regular season ends..

I just thought of the 8 games Manning has played this year.....this was 8th best

They'll need much more on offense to win at NE SD and KC

There offense won't be the question. Manning can easily put points on the board(unless he faces our D again.) It's their defense that's the question.

He played with two sprained ankles...  The Bye couldn't come at a more appropriate time.

They'll get Champ Bailey back and hopefully TE Julius Thomas...

Decker has a bad foot...

...The offense hasnt been what it was....Cant have 4 turnovers...7 in 2 weeks..

First time all season....the offense and Peyton have not been sharp

They'll get Champ Bailey back and hopefully TE Julius Thomas...

Decker has a bad foot...

...The offense hasnt been what it was....Cant have 4 turnovers...7 in 2 weeks..

First time all season....the offense and Peyton have not been sharp

354 passing yards with 4 TD's    isn't exactly a BAD day at the Office,   but yeah,  the Turnovers Have to Stop.

Uh, their offense is first in number of points, first in offensive pass yards, and 20th in yards per rush.

In their defense, 27th in points allowed per game, 32nd for pass yards allowed, 2nd for yards per rush allowed defensively.

Denver hardly has the worst defense in the league

..we're talking the NFL, right?

Denver Broncos? Peyton Manning?

they played today,....won 45-21...6 sacks...3 picks by the 'D'

Check it out..

Uh, their offense is first in number of points, first in offensive pass yards, and 20th in yards per rush.

In their defense, 27th in points allowed per game, 32nd for pass yards allowed, 2nd for yards per rush allowed defensively.

The defensive stats for Denver are skewed because teams get more posessions against them,. they play more prevent and more teams throw against them,..and run less

Throw ALL those defense stats out..especially after only 7 games

You know all this.

The defensive stats for Denver are skewed because teams get more posessions against them,. they play more prevent and more teams throw against them,..and run less

Throw ALL those defense stats out..especially after only 7 games

You know all this.

Their offense still isn't bad though. 38 unanswered points in a come behind victory and 16 points to try and comeback against the colts.

But the point was that Peyton didnt play as well (3 picks, remember)as he'd been playing..

..no one said the offense was bad...You're in search of an argument.

4 turnovers..not as good as the 1st 7 games..it is what it is

You said the offense was questionable. I say Peyton should cut down on TO's. It hasn't been questionable these passed two weeks. In the week when they played us, the defense stepped up. Today, the Broncos killed themselves with picks and fumbles.

Those were just sack hugs... showing Peyton how much we missed him. You don't want to see Mathis mad.

10 sacks in one game!

One pick was clearly 100% on him,   one was tipped twice before being intercepted,   Remind me what the third one was..???

Demariyus Thomas fell down.......

..but it was more than the picks...He threw a couple behind Welker and overthrew Decker.

Like you said... he needs the bye.....didn't have the sharpness he had last month.

...He should be back strong at SD....but the last 2 games have been a struggle despite the 78 points scored..

It still comes down to whether they can sweep the 2 games with KC...

You said the offense was questionable. I say Peyton should cut down on TO's. It hasn't been questionable these passed two weeks. In the week when they played us, the defense stepped up. Today, the Broncos killed themselves with picks and fumbles.

10 sacks in one game!

4 turnovers....3 picks is questionable 7 TOs in 2 weeks is questionable.

You know you're agreeing with me, right?

His three picks aren't the story of the game by any stretch.

The one that hurt was the first one - the receiver fell after the ball was already out. It was no more his fault than was the previous possession when he was hit from behind in the act of passing and fumbled the ball.

The other two were trivial in the course of the game, and reflective of nothing. And while one was a bad throw, the other was a terrific throw where the defender made a great play to pull the ball away from Thomas.

Speaking of which, was Thomas grabbing his hand before or after that play? If before, perhaps his hand was the reason he lost possession.

Either way, Peyton had ONE bad pass all game. Hardly worth starting a thread about.

Not really. After the Colts game, the whole Colts team did an excellent job. Today, I don't know what happened. Plus, if you want to argue picks, he's thrown a pick in (every?) game of his.

...He should be back strong at SD....but the last 2 games have been a struggle despite the 78 points scored..

haha  Struggling and scoring 78 points in the same sentence sounds humorous..     but yeah,  I agree   they need to beat KC

Demariyus Thomas fell down.......

..but it was more than the picks...He threw a couple behind Welker and overthrew Decker.

Like you said... he needs the bye.....didn't have the sharpness he had last month.

Have you considered the fact that with his neck/arm issues, he requires good full body mechanics to get anything on the ball?

Both ankles are injured - why do you think he looked so bad last week, and not so great the week before. Everything considered he looked pretty darn good.

His game is not as sharp as it was the first few weeks which is to be expected. Defenses are also keying on Welker more which has him throwing to Decker a lot. Will be interested to see if Decker lasts the season given how often he is getting hit. Chiefs look more solid but not sure they beat Denver.

Have you considered the fact that with his neck/arm issues, he requires good full body mechanics to get anything on the ball?

Both ankles are injured - why do you think he looked so bad last week, and not so great the week before. Everything considered he looked pretty darn good.

MAC...Your entire premise is wrong.

I didn't think looked BAD last week or this week and obviously, I didn't say that

I said he wasn't as good he was the first 6 weeks.

Just the truth, right?

His three picks aren't the story of the game by any stretch.

The one that hurt was the first one - the receiver fell after the ball was already out. It was no more his fault than was the previous possession when he was hit from behind in the act of passing and fumbled the ball.

The other two were trivial in the course of the game, and reflective of nothing. And while one was a bad throw, the other was a terrific throw where the defender made a great play to pull the ball away from Thomas.

Speaking of which, was Thomas grabbing his hand before or after that play? If before, perhaps his hand was the reason he lost possession.

Either way, Peyton had ONE bad pass all game. Hardly worth starting a thread about.

all interceptions are the QBs fault...Peyton says that all the time

MAC...Your entire premise is wrong.

I didn't think looked BAD last week or this week and obviously, I didn't say that

I said he wasn't as good he was the first 6 weeks.

Just the truth, right?

It's All Part of the Plan.....  Make the Masses  think he's losing it.....  then BAM... ;)

His game is not as sharp as it was the first few weeks which is to be expected. Defenses are also keying on Welker more which has him throwing to Decker a lot. Will be interested to see if Decker lasts the season given how often he is getting hit. Chiefs look more solid but not sure they beat Denver.

Sounds a lot like someone else I watched today. Not sharp, forcing it in to one player, and getting sacked left and right. Can't put my finger on it.

Kansas City has the ability to get pressure on people from all angles... granted they haven't played too many tough teams (like that other guy,) and getting Peyton on the run is when he seems to struggle most (again like that one guy). Peyton Manning was a little less happy on his feet then usual. It showed he was banged up, but so are a lot of people now.

Good points....I thigh that teas are just conceding the run..using 6-man fronts and daring Peyton to be patient..

Decker complains a lot and he is being held...but he's got to sell it o the ref

I think Denver matches up VERY well vs. KC.

Not a squadron of receiving threats (they start Donnie Avery) and a relatively tentative and immobile QB

The Broncos toughest game left will be at New England, I would think.

But I disageree,.,. I don't expect peyton not to be sharp...especially against somebody like Washington