Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos sign ex Colts Winston Justice [Merge]

bayone

The problem here would be that Justice has to used to Peyton's line calls, right?.

..and during the season, he wont get many practice reps with the first team..so he wont get used to them for a couple of months.

Playing Justice at all now would limit what Peyton could call at the line

so its stlll Chris Clark until the bye at least...unless theres another injury

The problem here would be that Justice has to used to Peyton's line calls, right?.

..and during the season, he wont get many practice reps with the first team..so he wont get used to them for a couple of months.

Playing Justice at all now would limit what Peyton could call at the line

so its stlll Chris Clark until the bye at least...unless theres another injury

totallyu agree, remember Clark practiced all preseason with the team as Clady rehabbed

Dont know if u saw my comment # 31 but here

Chris Clark confident about replacing star OT Ryan Clady

It has been a wild week for Clark, but he's taking things in stride. To fans who might worry he'll be an inadequate replacement, his message is to relax, and he seems unconcerned with how long his counterpart will be out. In fact, he hasn't even asked him.

"It really doesn't matter," Clark said. "I'm here to do a job, and my job is to start for however long. That's what it's going to be. I've always viewed myself as a starter. In this league, you can't view yourself as a backup."

Clark's big preseason minutes will go a long way toward getting him comfortable among the starters on Monday against the Raiders, and he said his camaraderie with the offensive line is in good shape. He has a solid grasp on Peyton Manning's rhythm, too, which will help him protect the blind side of perhaps the NFL's best quarterback, and he knows said quarterback will be watching in these first days of his promotion.

Manning under pressure

So far in 2013, Peyton Manning has had plenty of protection. A look at the numbers, courtesy of Pro Football Focus:

88: Total dropbacks by Manning, tied with Drew Brees for 10th-most among quarterbacks.

22.7 percent: Percentage of dropbacks when Manning is under pressure, the lowest percentage in the NFL this season.

3: The number of times Manning has been sacked. Only five quarterbacks have been sacked fewer times. (( I think all were by Ravens ))

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24118099/broncos-chris-clark-confident-about-replacing-star-ot

Clark said Tuesday that he's comfortable and ready should his number be called upon more.

Should Clark step into Clady's starting role, it wouldn't be his first start ever, though it would be his first as an NFL left tackle.,He has 6 starts as TE on the line

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Clark-Ready-to-Go-If-Cladys-Injury-Lingers/77c02141-afe8-4d2a-a287-c7b91862b511

This sucks for Manning.. I hope Clark is at least decent

as do all Manning fans , he isnt a probowler,  wasnt great with the ones in preseason but with the 2nd team was good so somewhere betwen a starter nd backup, but the extensive preseason experience has helped

Read 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20667-broncos-sign-ex-colt-ot-justice/#entry565257

as do all Manning fans , he isnt a probowler,  wasnt great with the ones in preseason but with the 2nd team was good so somewhere betwen a starter nd backup, but the extensive preseason experience has helped

You know what they say about pre-season, the entire Broncos' team stunk it in pre-season. Given that, Chris Clark held his own vs both Rams and Seahawks with the first unit and Peyton moved the ball but Hillman continued to give it back :).

You know what they say about pre-season, the entire Broncos' team stunk it in pre-season. Given that, Chris Clark held his own vs both Rams and Seahawks with the first unit and Peyton moved the ball but Hillman continued to give it back :).

read if get chance my quote of myself  and original comment if have ??'s of what this injury is

Take care, have to go for a bit now., man this is unsettling news for Peyton & team and Clady

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20624-broncos-ot-ryan-clady-out-indefinetly/page-2#entry565300

It still boggles my mind how a sprain needs surgery/ends a season. I always figured a sprain would heal over time regardless of severity.

Edit: Nvm. Read Bayone's explanation in the other Clady thread. Thanks for that.

Commennt 44 in 

http://forums.colts.com/topic/20624-broncos-ot-ryan-clady-out-indefinetly/page-2#entry565482

BYE , Glad I could help

it can be 1 ligament-  a strain is a pull, its injured

a strain technically is a tear , dont always need to fix  a tear though & both terms often just used interchangeably for laymens sake

However if  involves many ligaments than entire area can be unstable even without a fracture and that needs repair no question as really hard to perfectly stabilize that foot to allow healing otherwise

are various tests one uses  while stressing the area to test how unstable , if can move x degrees from normal u go in so its  more objective than subjective Regarding issue of surgery 

That is all , for at least 2 hrs  no question

It still boggles my mind how a sprain needs surgery/ends a season. I always figured a sprain would heal over time regardless of severity.

Edit: Nvm. Read Bayone's explanation in the other Clady thread. Thanks for that.

This is a complicated injury....and I dont think there is a definite rehab time

true

way to many variables involved without knowing the exact nature of the injury , can be easy, can be grueling and lengthy, simply telling us its a lisfranc sprain etc is worthless with out knowing # & which ligaments are actually involved as it can be anywhere along or all   across the entire mid foot area, and the particular bones that need stabilization

Justice never played left tackle, either.....did he? Not in Indy

...to use him,, they'd have to move their RT (Orlando Franklin) to the left side, right?

Thats what I think, while clark is considered a swing tackle either way

also earlier in his career many said Franklin doesnt have all the tools for left tackle, but that may have changed by now to some extent with experience to compensate for whatever physical traits he may lack

some say Beadles can play LT , but and maybe put Moffit in as  OG they got this year, or if & when kuper gets back