Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

questions from one who couldn't watch game

ColtsFanMikeC

Unfortunately, I could not watch the game yesterday and after reading this and some articles and looking at the box score, I have a few questions that I could not figure out based on anything I have read so far:

#1) Did Donald Brown play at all?

#2) Who was our KR?  It looks like TY returned punts, but all kick-offs were touchbacks -- who was lined up to receive them?

#3) I saw that Vontae Davis was only thrown at 1 time in the first half -- were they avoiding him in 2nd half, too?

#4) What were we doing with our line-rotation in general?  Did we move guys all over the line or keep them pretty much in the same spots?  Was Chapman playing as much as Franklin -- and did either of them look noticeably better than the other?  Did Montori Hughes play much -- how did he look if he did?

#5) When we were only going with 2 WR sets, was DHB always the #2 or was he rotating with TY?

#6) Did Griff Whalen see the field at all?

#7) How did that tackle on the TE play break down?  I hear all this praise about Landry making a great play, but have only seen the highlight reel so I don't know how that guy got so wide-open to begin with -- it looked like Landry might have been the one to blow the coverage but I am not too sure.

#8) Sounds like Havili was on the field a lot, but I don't see him on the box score -- were we using him as purely a blocker or was he being used as a receiver at all?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I could not watch the game yesterday and after reading this and some articles and looking at the box score, I have a few questions that I could not figure out based on anything I have read so far:

#1) Did Donald Brown play at all?

#2) Who was our KR?  It looks like TY returned punts, but all kick-offs were touchbacks -- who was lined up to receive them?

#3) I saw that Vontae Davis was only thrown at 1 time in the first half -- were they avoiding him in 2nd half, too?

#4) What were we doing with our line-rotation in general?  Did we move guys all over the line or keep them pretty much in the same spots?  Was Chapman playing as much as Franklin -- and did either of them look noticeably better than the other?  Did Montori Hughes play much -- how did he look if he did?

#5) When we were only going with 2 WR sets, was DHB always the #2 or was he rotating with TY?

#6) Did Griff Whalen see the field at all?

#7) How did that tackle on the TE play break down?  I hear all this praise about Landry making a great play, but have only seen the highlight reel so I don't know how that guy got so wide-open to begin with -- it looked like Landry might have been the one to blow the coverage but I am not too sure.

#8) Sounds like Havili was on the field a lot, but I don't see him on the box score -- were we using him as purely a blocker or was he being used as a receiver at all?

Thanks!

1.  Special Teams only and made some plays on special teams as well.

2.  Vaughn was lined up to return kickoffs but they all went out of the back of the endzone so he never got a chance

3.  They seemed to like their chances on Toler more.  He did have one pick and a knock down in the endzone but also got beat for a touchdown as well.  They were really just running Pryor around till the pass defense broke down and he would throw to who was open.  Credit to Davis for staying with his man.

4.  Seemed mostly like Franklin and Chapman but they might have gotten others in there too.  Redding and RJF did a good job helping to stop the run when they ran with the running backs and towards the end of the game Redding even pulled down Pryor when he tried to take off and run.

5.  TY would play when they went three wide it seemed like anytime Luck wanted to go long till late in the game the pressure was there before he really could.  He was going underneath a lot because the Raiders were giving the Colts that.

6.  Unless he was out there on special teams no.

7.  Freeman or Landry blew the assignment.  Before the play Bethea was telling someone to get back but he was on the other end of the field.  Landry backed up at first but then came back up so I don't know who screwed up because Freeman didn't take him and seemed to think he had support behind him from a safety but both safeties were on the line on that play so I don't know if Landry was supposed to be back or if Freeman was supposed to go with him.

8.  Blocker only and he was on the field a lot he played more snaps than Hilton. 

does that cost money?

Yup. $39.95 for every game of the season. You can watch any game from any team, any time with DVR like controls in hi-def. An invaluable tool for any football junkie. Plus, they have condensed versions of every game where you can watch every play of a game in 30 min. (they only show the actual plays with nothing in between)