Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Smart Money Coming In On Colts

dw49

Maybe Bill Polian and some of the other talking heads don't like our chances but a lot of "smart money" is now coming in on Indy. Mostly betting to win the division and the win total over 8.5 games. My son is a professional poker player and knows a lot of people that get bets down for betters that year in and year out beat sports betting .. not that these guys win every bet but it's good to know they think the Colts are under valued.

I really like the over 8.5 at $102 to win $100. 

Maybe Bill Polian and some of the other talking heads don't like our chances but a lot of "smart money" is now coming in on Indy. Mostly betting to win the division and the win total over 8.5 games. My son is a professional poker player and knows a lot of people that get bets down for betters that year in and year out beat sports betting .. not that these guys win every bet but it's good to know they think the Colts are under valued.

I really like the over 8.5 at $102 to win $100. 

I don't think you can talk betting on here but I got a question so I'll PM ya

I don't think you can talk betting on here but I got a question so I'll PM ya

I think it's OK if you aren't encouraging people to bet. I was mostly posting this to say that although the "talking heads" don't like us , some really smart guys do. 

I dont know. I wouldn't touch it and I think that 8.5 is a tough line. I bet a lot on football and these types of things and I would tell anyone of my fellow fans or just a football fan who enjoys betting to stay away - there are better bets to have out there.

I can easily see us having a decent year and being a decent team but going 7-9 or 8-8 with a few really close losses. That's life in the NFL and it happens all the time. We could have a hangover after what happened last year, it's that .5 that makes this a really good, tough line and the AFC is pretty good, far better than I feel the NFC is.

Now the tendency for people here is going to be to get on me about this post, "how could I doubt our team after all they overcame last year" and all that stuff. The smart money as you say is to stay away from this bet or if you're independently wealthy go ahead and play it but I'm telling you I don't think that's easy money.

Colin Cowherd said he liked our over total if memory serves me correct, but someone might need to refresh my memory on this.

I dont know. I wouldn't touch it and I think that 8.5 is a tough line. I bet a lot on football and these types of things and I would tell anyone of my fellow fans or just a football fan who enjoys betting to stay away - there are better bets to have out there.

I can easily see us having a decent year and being a decent team but going 7-9 or 8-8 with a few really close losses. That's life in the NFL and it happens all the time. We could have a hangover after what happened last year, it's that .5 that makes this a really good, tough line and the AFC is pretty good, far better than I feel the NFC is.

Now the tendency for people here is going to be to get on me about this post, "how could I doubt our team after all they overcame last year" and all that stuff. The smart money as you say is to stay away from this bet or if you're independently wealthy go ahead and play it but I'm telling you I don't think that's easy money.

Colin Cowherd said he liked our over total if memory serves me correct, but someone might need to refresh my memory on this.

You could get some pretty good arguments on the AFC being far superior than the NFC. I think the first thing they would bring up would be the 39-25 shellacking the AFC took last year vs the NFC. But no doubt 9 wins is no sure thing... that's why it's gambling.