Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

National Anthem

wercolts

They have performed it previously as well.  Like many performers it all comes down to personal taste.  Coming from a music background I appreciated the musicality of the arrangement to a point.  I had someone in the stands come up to me immediately after and ask if the National Anthem was in there at all.  As far as the crowd singing along, with that arrangement it made it difficult.  That is the only thing I personally don't care for.  I'm fine with different versions and, to a point, personal expression.  But I DO like to sing along and don't care for it when the arrangement is such that you can't.  I'm also not high on performers that think it is all about THEM.  Personal style and artistic expression are fine, but keep in mind...it IS the National Anthem.  There is a thing as respect and crowd participation.

Personally I hated it, it was impossible to know where you were supposed to be at with the lyrics (the person controlling it in the video screens couldn't get it figured out either) to even begin to sing along with it.  IMO they butchered it worse than any singer has and I've heard some horrible performances before.  If I never heard them do it again it would be too soon.

Personally I hated it, it was impossible to know where you were supposed to be at with the lyrics (the person controlling it in the video screens couldn't get it figured out either) to even begin to sing along with it.  IMO they butchered it worse than any singer has and I've heard some horrible performances before.  If I never heard them do it again it would be too soon.

I'm going to have to agree with you.  I think in a different setting, a concert hall for example, it would have been a nice piece.

In a football stadium, where sound is inherently bad to begin with, it just didn't work.

I respect other's opinions, but for me it was a failure.