Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's Talk Buffalo Bills!

Smonroe

In particular, what do the Bills do best?  What can we take from the game?  Will Kolb play at all, how about Johnson?  Spiller?  Jackson?  If Manuel plays, can we get a feel for our DB play?

What type of D do they play?  Will Mr. Hughes make a statement?  Can we get a feel for our O line in this game?  

I understand that we'll probably only see our starters only for a couple series.  I understand that we won't game plan for anyone.  And I understand that the most important thing to get out of the game is - injury free.

Again, I'm more interested in what we can learn (mostly from our backups) by going against the Bills.

Input from Bills knowledgeable fans would be greatly appreciated.

i do think we'll see a little bit more game planning, if that's the right word, with a new offense, a relatively new qb, and so many other new faces. we're all so used to the extreme vanilla preseasons of the manning era. 

No, I mean we won't game plan them.  You know, plan for their strengths.  Adjust our O and D for their tendencies, etc.

I've been looking at some bills forums and they seem to think their Oline is weak specifically at LG ... So I wanna see some pressure on the QB

... and I'm anamored with Montori Hughes' physical gifts so I'm gonna have my eye on him

I've been looking at some bills forums and they seem to think their Oline is weak specifically at LG ... So I wanna see some pressure on the QB

... and I'm anamored with Montori Hughes' physical gifts so I'm gonna have my eye on him

Our 2s and 3s against theirs.  We'll get a good feel for the quality of our depth.  I thought Hughes was a steal in the draft, but he doesn't appear to be tearing it up in practice.

That's a tough position to learn.  It takes more than physical attributes.  We'll see if he's a fast learner!

I'm curious to see how their OL does.  It used to be a really good unit, but they did lose Levitre.  I also don't think it's any secret that their best player is Spiller and they need to put the ball in his hands as much as possible.  Their defense should be improved too, with the addition of the underrated Mike Pettine as DC

Luck will play for 1st quarter according to stampede blue

About what I was expecting for the first pre-season game, the starters should play into the second quarter the next week and then into the second half in the third game and probably not at all vs. the Bengals.

About what I was expecting for the first pre-season game, the starters should play into the second quarter the next week and then into the second half in the third game and probably not at all vs. the Bengals.

Yeah, that last game is a train wreck.  The NFL shouldn't make season ticket holders pay for that one.  Anyone playing in the 4th Q will probably be looking for a job as a gym coach the following week.

Yeah, that last game is a train wreck.  The NFL shouldn't make season ticket holders pay for that one.  Anyone playing in the 4th Q will probably be looking for a job as a gym coach the following week.

Owners will never give it up as long as fans WILL pay for it. 

Honestly, if they canceled the last pre-season game and did an organized scrimmage for regional teams it would still accomplish the same goal and maybe move it to like a local college.  For example still have the Colts play the Bengals in that last scrimmage and do it one year at say Ball State or IU and the next year at the University of Cincinnati or Ohio State.   It would expand you into different markets and maybe let some other people who didn't get to see your team see them.

With that said as long as fans WILL pay for that last game the owners are going to charge for it. 

Owners will never give it up as long as fans WILL pay for it. 

Honestly, if they canceled the last pre-season game and did an organized scrimmage for regional teams it would still accomplish the same goal and maybe move it to like a local college.  For example still have the Colts play the Bengals in that last scrimmage and do it one year at say Ball State or IU and the next year at the University of Cincinnati or Ohio State.   It would expand you into different markets and maybe let some other people who didn't get to see your team see them.

With that said as long as fans WILL pay for that last game the owners are going to charge for it. 

That's a good idea, but it would cost both of the teams travel expenses.  Great idea to expand the markets though, and do something for the communities.  It would give them great press if nothing else.

I think you can get tickets for that game for next to nothing.  No one WANTS to pay for it.  The season ticket holders have to.

That's a good idea, but it would cost both of the teams travel expenses.  Great idea to expand the markets though, and do something for the communities.  It would give them great press if nothing else.

I think you can get tickets for that game for next to nothing.  No one WANTS to pay for it.  The season ticket holders have to.

That's my point, I know no one WANTS to pay for them, I am saying people WILL pay for them.  As long as people WILL pay for them the NFL isn't going to stop charging for them. 

That's my point, I know no one WANTS to pay for them, I am saying people WILL pay for them.  As long as people WILL pay for them the NFL isn't going to stop charging for them. 

Yeah, I get you.  What I'm saying is that most of the tickets are owned by season ticket holders, right?  They had no choice but to pay for that game.  The re-sellers, like Stubhub, do sell them but at a much reduced price.  Mostly below original ticket price.  So they're losing money too.  

If no one was forced to buy them, they'd still sell.  But at a greatly reduced price, if at all.

The only ones happy about that game are the owners.  Pure greed.

Yeah, I get you.  What I'm saying is that most of the tickets are owned by season ticket holders, right?  They had no choice but to pay for that game.  The re-sellers, like Stubhub, do sell them but at a much reduced price.  Mostly below original ticket price.  So they're losing money too.  

If no one was forced to buy them, they'd still sell.  But at a greatly reduced price, if at all.

I know but the reason the NFL can get away with making the Season Ticket holders buy those tickets is because fans will buy them to get the season tickets.  I also agree with you it is nothing but 100% pure greet but let's not kid ourselves the NFL is far from the only sports organization that is greedy, they all are. 

I know but the reason the NFL can get away with making the Season Ticket holders buy those tickets is because fans will buy them to get the season tickets.  I also agree with you it is nothing but 100% pure greet but let's not kid ourselves the NFL is far from the only sports organization that is greedy, they all are. 

Nothing wrong with capitalism.  Like a former boss of mine used to say, "Let's pretend we're in this business to make money".

Headed to the game Sunday (first Preseason game in a while), is there usually some tailgating for preseason?

Do me a favor, I'm going to the Browns game, first preseason game for me, ever.  Let me know if they hand out programs with player names and numbers.

If they don't I'm going to have to print out a roster to keep track of who's out there.

Any forum preseason veterans, please let me know.

Owners pay the players...and players want more for doing less all the time.

No one has a monopoly on greed...

The answer: Obviously, is 18 regular season games...2 exhibitions..

Owners pay the players...and players want more for doing less all the time.

No one has a monopoly on greed...

The answer: Obviously, is 18 regular season games...2 exhibitions..

Yeah, that's going to happen eventually.

Here's what I'd like to happen - keep the schedule at 16 games, but add another bye week.  You could extend the season and increase the TV revenue. Players get more rest, owners get more money, fans get a longer season.  Everyone wins. 

I'm curious to see how their OL does.  It used to be a really good unit, but they did lose Levitre.  I also don't think it's any secret that their best player is Spiller and they need to put the ball in his hands as much as possible.  Their defense should be improved too, with the addition of the underrated Mike Pettine as DC

Yes I read their going to run Spiller til he pukes or taps out.

Do me a favor, I'm going to the Browns game, first preseason game for me, ever.  Let me know if they hand out programs with player names and numbers.

If they don't I'm going to have to print out a roster to keep track of who's out there.

Any forum preseason veterans, please let me know.

They did hand these out.