Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No 2 QB Dilema

dw49

Guest TeamLoloJones

Gosh .. it's just amazing that Superman is the one poster that has enough intelligence to know what my issues were and have a clue as to what I was talking about. I guess it's what happens when you begin to discuss things like salary cap , contracts .. etc with people that don't have a clue.

Anyway what you have above is pretty silly stuff. What I said is .......

" His contract is up next year and if he has a great year it will cost probably around an extra 15 mill over 4 years to resign him."

Now read that over a few times and think about what you wrote. I'm sure you will have no idea of what I'm talking about but I'm not going to explain.

$15 Mil EXTRA not total...c'mon kids pay attention...I bet Grigson would want to extend Vontae before the season starts, but I can understand if Vontae's camp wants to wait...big risk but potentially huge reward.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$15 Mil EXTRA not total...c'mon kids pay attention...I bet Grigson would want to extend Vontae before the season starts, but I can understand if Vontae's camp wants to wait...big risk but potentially huge reward.

thank you

I think the main reason for the signing was for the franchise not to be embarrassed like with Manning going down and not having an experienced backup option if Luck was to go down, I think that the mentoring and tutoring factor were just an added bonus to having an experienced backup in place. I think that the lost roster spot was well factored in considering Harnish's lack of experience.

Many thought Painter was an adequate backup. How did that work out.

I just think that the decision went a lot farther than just the roster spot and the money.

So I guess what your saying is we should never discuss , never say we are pleased or displeased with a signing untilr it has played out ? Man... there are a lot of wasted , bad threads in this forum I guess. I have no problem admitting that a good aprt of my premise was wrong. We will not have to waste a roster spot on keeping Harnish. That was my biggest concern and I also didn't like spending over 8 million on a 38 year old back up QB .

Hmm, anywhere in my post did I saw we should wait until the contract has played out?  Um, no but good job reading and comprehending.  I said, perhaps if you'd waited until you saw them "IN LIVE ACTION".  You saw the error of your ways after seeing just one pre-season game.  the whole point was, wait till you see something with your own eyes instead of taking the word of "experts on twitter"...which I'm curious where you saw those tweets that supposedly suggested Harnish was outplaying Matty H In TC anyway.  I read through all of the TC threads and don't remember seeing anything of the sort.

Hmm, anywhere in my post did I saw we should wait until the contract has played out?  Um, no but good job reading and comprehending.  I said, perhaps if you'd waited until you saw them "IN LIVE ACTION".  You saw the error of your ways after seeing just one pre-season game.  the whole point was, wait till you see something with your own eyes instead of taking the word of "experts on twitter"...which I'm curious where you saw those tweets that supposedly suggested Harnish was outplaying Matty H In TC anyway.  I read through all of the TC threads and don't remember seeing anything of the sort.

Oh my lord in heaven. Who said anything about a "contract" being played out ? Talk about being able to "comprehend." Why I keep wasting time with you , is ridiculous but you really do amaze me and I can't help it. 

When you said ...

"So, here's the thing, maybe next time wait until you've actually seen the players in live action before questioning why they were signed.  Before watching either of them play in our offense, you blasted the signing of Hasselbeck calling him a waste of money and a waste of a roster spot."

I said to that  .....

"So I guess what your saying is we should never discuss , never say we are pleased or displeased with a signing untilr it has played out ? Man... there are a lot of wasted , bad threads in this forum I guess. I have no problem admitting that a good aprt of my premise was wrong. "

Ok.... read those both slowly 10 or 12 times over and see if it clicks. I'll give you a little help too. Let's say a player signs a contract April 21st 2013..... right around when the free agent signing period starts in the NFL. So what you say is before we discuss or give an opinion on this signing , one needs to wait until he or she she's that player play ? Like I said before , if true ... tyere are a ton of wasted threads in this forum.  So what the heck are you babbling about talking about a "contract" ending.

Also pretty lame that you are saying I never read that Harnish was outplaying Hasslebeck. If you actually went back and read through all the TC threads looking for that , you are in serious need of some help.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/8/7/4585320/colts-camp-chandler-harnish-looks-better-than-matt-hasselbeck

Oh my lord in heaven.

Keep praying cause nobody around here is going to be able to help you.

Who said anything about a "contract" being played out ? Talk about being able to "comprehend." Why I keep wasting time with you , is ridiculous but you really do amaze me and I can't help it. 

When you said ...

"So, here's the thing, maybe next time wait until you've actually seen the players in live action before questioning why they were signed.  Before watching either of them play in our offense, you blasted the signing of Hasselbeck calling him a waste of money and a waste of a roster spot."

I said to that  .....

"So I guess what your saying is we should never discuss , never say we are pleased or displeased with a signing untilr it has played out ?

Not my fault you were ambiguous about what you were referring to "playing out".  If I misunderstood what you meant to say then I apologize for you not being able to accurately convey what you think you were thinking.

Man... there are a lot of wasted , bad threads in this forum I guess.

Yes there are and this was one of them.

I have no problem admitting that a good aprt of my premise was wrong. "

Ok.... read those both slowly 10 or 12 times over and see if it clicks. I'll give you a little help too. Let's say a player signs a contract April 21st 2013..... right around when the free agent signing period starts in the NFL. So what you say is before we discuss or give an opinion on this signing , one needs to wait until he or she she's that player play ?

Um, well yeah, that would help.  

Like I said before , if true ... tyere are a ton of wasted threads in this forum.

again, not disagreeing with you there

So what the heck are you babbling about talking about a "contract" ending.

I beggeth your pardon for not being able to read your mind.  I'm guessing it's not exactly an enthralling read.

Also pretty lame that you are saying I never read that Harnish was outplaying Hasslebeck.

No, what's lame is that you're making things up, I never said anything of the sort.  I said I was curious where you saw them.

If you actually went back and read through all the TC threads looking for that , you are in serious need of some help.

No see this time you misunderstood but it was my fault for not being as clear as I should have been.  I did not mean that I went back through and re-read all of those training camp threads before posting.  I meant that I had read through them as they were posted, like most on the forum did, and the first time I read about the possibility of Harnish outplaying Hasselbeck in training camp was when you said it.  That's not to say that it hadn't been said.  You very well could have read it from a reliable source or even multiple reliable sources.  I was simply saying that I had not seen the same tweets that you were referring to.

Keep praying cause nobody around here is going to be able to help you.

Not my fault you were ambiguous about what you were referring to "playing out".  If I misunderstood what you meant to say then I apologize for you not being able to accurately convey what you think you were thinking.

Yes there are and this was one of them.

Um, well yeah, that would help.  

again, not disagreeing with you there

I beggeth your pardon for not being able to read your mind.  I'm guessing it's not exactly an enthralling read.

No, what's lame is that you're making things up, I never said anything of the sort.  I said I was curious where you saw them.

No see this time you misunderstood but it was my fault for not being as clear as I should have been.  I did not mean that I went back through and re-read all of those training camp threads before posting.  I meant that I had read through them as they were posted, like most on the forum did, and the first time I read about the possibility of Harnish outplaying Hasselbeck in training camp was when you said it.  That's not to say that it hadn't been said.  You very well could have read it from a reliable source or even multiple reliable sources.  I was simply saying that I had not seen the same tweets that you were referring to.

Jason , lets just say you got the last word and say adios.