Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Camp CupCake

Smonroe

Is what I want.  Watching the NFL Network, there have been several serious injuries in various camps already.  Eagles, Ravens, Browns, Cowboys have all used the cart.

My prayer is that the Colts escape camp with no serious injuries.

Injuries will happen, that's the nature of the game.  My hope is that our D coaches are teaching the guys the proper way to tackle - wrap up!    It seems the tackling in this league gets worse every year.  

You don't have to knock a guy out with a tackle, you just have to wrap him up.  Help will come.

(If you think talking about injuries is bad karma, then move on.  Sorry, I'm not superstitious)

That Browns OL Ryan Miller injury was scary

I didn't know who it was.  PFT didn't list his name, but they said he'll be okay.

Like I said, injuries are going to happen.  What I don't want to happen is our own players injuring each other.  Hit, but don't spear.  Good solid tackling.  

I wonder if Landry treats the receivers and backs on his team the way he treats the opposition. If so, you're right, coaches need to ease things up when it comes to defensive stops, with the Colts and around the league. Too many major injuries happening right now so early in camp.

Oh the Colts are giving out cupcakes this year? If so this is genius of Pagano. Sugar the boys up so they attack early in the game and build a lead. :applause:

J/K

LOL!  I got that from Hard Knocks when Wade Phillips was the HC for the Cowboys.  I'm not sure if it pays off in the long run.  It obviously didn't pay off for Wade, as far as winning.  

Like Qwizboy pointed out - the last thing we want is Landry taking T Y's head off in practice.

Is what I want.  Watching the NFL Network, there have been several serious injuries in various camps already.  Eagles, Ravens, Browns, Cowboys have all used the cart.

My prayer is that the Colts escape camp with no serious injuries.

Injuries will happen, that's the nature of the game.  My hope is that our D coaches are teaching the guys the proper way to tackle - wrap up!    It seems the tackling in this league gets worse every year.  

You don't have to knock a guy out with a tackle, you just have to wrap him up.  Help will come.

(If you think talking about injuries is bad karma, then move on.  Sorry, I'm not superstitious)

I don't think there's any pads or contact allowed (technically speaking) in the first three days of camp. After that, the gloves come off. I'm not sure what else you can realistically do.

I don't think there's any pads or contact allowed (technically speaking) in the first three days of camp. After that, the gloves come off. I'm not sure what else you can realistically do.

As you say they just happen. Poor Ijalana lost all of 2012 with the first football move he made at training camp. No contact... no nothing.

I wonder if Landry treats the receivers and backs on his team the way he treats the opposition. If so, you're right, coaches need to ease things up when it comes to defensive stops, with the Colts and around the league. Too many major injuries happening right now so early in camp.

Maybe a rookie on the bubble might be over zealous and do something stupid like that. I really have never heard of guys taking teammates out in practice. I can't say I know a whole lot about Landry but I would be shocked if we had to worry about this.

It's part of the game and it's an unavoidable part.  Injuries happen to literally every team during the year.  That's just part of the sport.  The issue is trying to balance padded and non-padded practices.  I believe the CBA sets limits on how many hours of padded practice coaches can hold a week, so it's not like a team can go crazy with them.  Injuries happen

It's part of the game and it's an unavoidable part.  Injuries happen to literally every team during the year.  That's just part of the sport.  The issue is trying to balance padded and non-padded practices.  I believe the CBA sets limits on how many hours of padded practice coaches can hold a week, so it's not like a team can go crazy with them.  Injuries happen

Yep, a a lot of the time it's with no contact. Those are going to happen eventually, theres nothing to do about them. I'm hoping we can avoid the ones brought on by contact.

I know the contact will come once they start playing. I just have a thing about injuries that occur during practice, to me it's such a waste.

I said I'm not superstitious, but maybe talking about it is my way of pushing them away. It makes no sense, but neither does anything people do for luck.