Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Forgot Bracket And Bullitt Weren't Playing Sunday

18Manning

I didn't even think about Bracket and/or Bullitt missing as the Defense was playing so well. Perhaps this mix of guys will continue to play well together. They played LIGHTS OUT! Did we come out of the Steelers game with that Defensive group intact?

I think we did. Even though last year our D would be good one week and bad again the next....but I dont feel that being the case this year.

I think our D is going to be dominate again this upcoming week and perhaps every week afterwards.

They did bring in AJ Edds who played with Pat Angerer @ Iowa and the two were considered one of the better LB tandems in college football. 6"4 244 pound coverage LB while Angerer seems more like a run stuffing tackling machine. This tandem could be good for many years if they mesh. AJ IMO needs to get ample playing time, he could be better than Wheeler & Conner, no one knows. If they can play like they did @ Iowa on an NFL scale, here we comes an incredibly solid LB core for many years to come. I'm kind of worried that he won't get much playing time and will just play ST and they will get rid of him without even seeing him on the field much.

They did bring in AJ Edds who played with Pat Angerer @ Iowa and the two were considered one of the better LB tandems in college football. 6"4 244 pound coverage LB while Angerer seems more like a run stuffing tackling machine. This tandem could be good for many years if they mesh. AJ IMO needs to get ample playing time, he could be better than Wheeler & Conner, no one knows. If they can play like they did @ Iowa on an NFL scale, here we comes an incredibly solid LB core for many years to come. I'm kind of worried that he won't get much playing time and will just play ST and they will get rid of him without even seeing him on the field much.

I doubt they will just bring him in here for ST. I would think they will at least give him a few snaps with the Defense, and it might not be this week or even next, but this kid should be on D and should help us out alot.

If anything I think maybe the will use him for certain downs like 2 and 3 or mainly 3 and longs...seeing how he is more of a cover lb.

I think we did. Even though last year our D would be good one week and bad again the next....but I dont feel that being the case this year.

I think our D is going to be dominate again this upcoming week and perhaps every week afterwards.

This is my problem with that.

They did play lights out and you said yourself that in years past that they would be good one week and bad the next. That has been the story of this D for quite a while (the 2006 playoffs is the only long stretch of good play I can remember).

Why do you think it won't be the case this year? What makes them different other than a few different young guys?

I see the same old same old. I think we will have a decent game or two but it isn't something that will last. I hope to be wrong

That is the major concern and is why I didn't get goose pimples (like many Colts fans) over the way the defense played against the Steelers.

The Colts defense has a reputation of showing up for a game or 2(especially if they have been embarrassed or are getting hammered by the media) before returning to their regular inept selves.

The run defense is allowing 3.3 yds/rush...8th best in the NFL!!.... Can they sustain this quality of play for more than 1 or 2 weeks???.... That is the question :hmm:

They did play lights out and you said yourself that in years past that they would be good one week and bad the next. That has been the story of this D for quite a while (the 2006 playoffs is the only long stretch of good play I can remember).

Why do you think it won't be the case this year? What makes them different other than a few different young guys?

I see the same old same old. I think we will have a decent game or two but it isn't something that will last. I hope to be wrong

You may be right. They may go back to the same old Defense. But, maybe the Defense is playing harder because they know they have to play well for the Colts to even have a chance of winning. Also, taking out a couple of the starters and putting the 2nd string guys in along with a couple of new players maybe has been the difference. The motivation is different and there are different players. I hope they keep it up. We'll see.

That is the major concern and is why I didn't get goose pimples (like many Colts fans) over the way the defense played against the Steelers.

The Colts defense has a reputation of showing up for a game or 2(especially if they have been embarrassed or are getting hammered by the media) before returning to their regular inept selves.

The run defense is allowing 3.3 yds/rush...8th best in the NFL!!.... Can they sustain this quality of play for more than 1 or 2 weeks???.... That is the question :hmm:

What they said :foam:

I doubt they will just bring him in here for ST. I would think they will at least give him a few snaps with the Defense, and it might not be this week or even next, but this kid should be on D and should help us out alot.

If anything I think maybe the will use him for certain downs like 2 and 3 or mainly 3 and longs...seeing how he is more of a cover lb.

You never know, when he was with the dolphins he was expected to come in immediately and contribute hopefully he can show what he's got with the colts if given the chance.. and guessing by the depth of LB's now im guessing he will get that chance soon.

I doubt we will see the same production from Mathis and Freeney this week unless Tampa Bay's O-line is as beat up as the Steelers, but I think the run defense can sustain playing at a higher level. Nevis and Angerer were the main reasons for the improved run defense the last few games and our major weakness before was against runs up the middle. The speed of our defense has always made it hard for opponents to run to the outside.

He will be a Special Teams player unless another LB gets injured.

What they said :foam:

i think something that can play a major role in us being able to sustain this type of play is the guys we brought in. i think we have a nice solid rotation now of guys that can come in and contribute, and give guys a rest. freeney and mathis able to stay fresher longer throughout the game and season.