Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network On Peytons Lower Body, a different problem

bayone

Buy not throwing NFL Network's, Jason LaConfora says there is lower body concern besides the neck,as by not getting out there and throwing he hasnt developed his lower body strength & stamina as it should be & that to can be a problem not giving him a solid base to throw from which can cause misthrows especially late in the game as he weakens & also the lower body will be to weak to help absorb hits. The lack of ability to absorb hits by the lower body means shock will be sent up from his lower body to his neck.

Buy not throwing NFL Network's, Jason LaConfora says there is lower body concern besides the neck,as by not getting out there and throwing he hasnt developed his lower body strength & stamina as it should be & that to can be a problem not giving him a solid base to throw from which can cause misthrows especially late in the game as he weakens & also the lower body will be to weak to help absorb hits. The lack of ability to absorb hits by the lower body means shock will be sent up from his lower body to his neck.

I'll accept the possibility of this being an issue, we don't know, because we don't know how well his rehabilitation has been going in reality. But to me La Confora is indulging (as he often does) in pure speculation.

So its not possible to strengthen those same muscles by doing other exercises?

Hmm, didnt know that...

I could understand upper body, shoulder, arm, etc, because he isnt rehabbing supposedly and thus not working those muscle groups associated with the neck/throwing arm, but not lower body.

Some of these guys are going off the deep end, nothing else to write about I guess, so they just throw stuff out there and see what sticks.

......in other news, sunset was in the west yesterday.

So its not possible to strengthen those same muscles by doing other exercises?

Hmm, didnt know that...

I could understand upper body, shoulder, arm, etc, because he isnt rehabbing supposedly and thus not working those muscle groups associated with the neck/throwing arm, but not lower body.

Some of these guys are going off the deep end, nothing else to write about I guess, so they just throw stuff out there and see what sticks.

There is some truth to it as all muscles aren't Engaged without the actual movement no matter the device used, so yes there are other means to strengthen the lower body just not every muscle working together and keeping one balanced properly & all in unison ,

Hope fully enough of the others will be strong enough to allow quick rebuild of what isnt

Just cant wait for his trusted therapists to work with him & give him the ok

Thank god he has such a quick release

Yes, throwing strengthens the lower body in a somewhat unique way.

Anyone who has pitched or played QB knows that.

Yep, I haven't played QB or pitched, but I can feel it when I throw. You generate a lot of your power from your legs. Throw a ball as far as you can sitting cross legged, then throw it as far as you can standing. The difference is huge.

a few years ago, manning said he upped his lower body workouts to help prevent injury as he gets older

you could tell the difference in his throwing stance that year

somehow i think peyton knows a little more about what training he needs than any reporter

Ironically it was Bill Belichek (at the Pro Bowl) who advised him to look after his legs as he aged.

peyton knows what needs to be done.i would think things such as running up steep hills will strengthen his quads.not the same as squatting but it will help him.

There is some truth to it as all muscles aren't Engaged without the actual movement no matter the device used for current rehab, so yes there are other means to strengthen the lower body just not every muscle working together and keeping one balanced properly & all in unison as when one is throwing like would in a game

Hope fully enough of the others will be strong enough to allow quick rebuild of what isnt

Just cant wait for his trusted therapists to work with him & give him the ok

Thank god he has such a quick release