Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bernard Pollard, Ravens part ways

corgi

They let Dilfer go after the last Super Bowl for Gerbac, and we all know how that went. Even with the Flacco contract , Ozzie could have signed some of the guys we let go.Remember though, the defense was old and slipped from 2nd to 15th, and wasn't that good this year. Time to re-tool.

We've seen the end of the Ravens playoff runs.  They've vastly overpaid Flacco and it is effecting the rest of the roster...no matter what current & former players & coaches say.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.  I hate the Ravens.  Not so much the players, but their fans.  These people still harbor a seething hatred of Indianapolis for "stealing" their Colts.  When they did the same thing and stole the Browns from Cleveland (minus the lawsuit to keep the records) they had NO PROBLEM doing so.  And then they won a Super Bowl.  Cleveland still has -zero-. 

I hope to see bottom-feeder Ravens teams until the day I shuffle off this mortal coil.

We've seen the end of the Ravens playoff runs.  They've vastly overpaid Flacco and it is effecting the rest of the roster...no matter what current & former players & coaches say.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.  I hate the Ravens.  Not so much the players, but their fans.  These people still harbor a seething hatred of Indianapolis for "stealing" their Colts.  When they did the same thing and stole the Browns from Cleveland (minus the lawsuit to keep the records) they had NO PROBLEM doing so.  And then they won a Super Bowl.  Cleveland still has -zero-. 

I hope to see bottom-feeder Ravens teams until the day I shuffle off this mortal coil.

I can see why you're upset. The Baltimore Colts era produced four Championships, while the Indy era has produced only one since 1984. Now in the second era of Baltimore football that started in 1996 with the Ravens, we added two more Super Bowls. I won't go into the move suffice to say had Taglibue granted Baltimore an expansion team after the move instead of those great NFL cities of Jacksonville and Charlotte, the Browns move would have never occured to Baltimore. Your buddy Bob Irsay , after promising to vote for a Baltimore expansion team, voted against it. He was wrong about alot of things, especially Baltimore, as one of the greatest NFL towns in history.

Ravens will regret to pay Flacco's elite money.

Perhaps we can have a look at him, however Grigs must have something else in his mind.

Did you regret giving Manning all that money for fourteen years and getting one Super Bowl ? Flacco has one Super Bowl in five years, and is entering his prime. It is a quarterback driven league, and the Ravens had to give the contract to a Super Bowl Champion. He still has nine more years to surpass Manning in Championship wins. Five years of playoffs, and more road wins than anyone, helped get Joe the money.