Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts resign CB Darius Butler [Merge]

Has he been playing for the raiders? Heard good things coming out didn't follow to see if he lived up to it

Well, he played corner last year, because the Raiders are awful, and he wasn't very good, but like I said, the Raiders are awful.

See, I like the Cherilus and Toler signings because I could get a good bead on those guys being pretty good in spite of the team around him.  With Huff, I honestly have trouble distinguishing his play from the general suckitude of Oakland.

Frankly the guy would be a bit of reclamation project.

I am pretty happy about this, I really like Butler for some reason. When I saw we signed him I just had a good feeling, even though I had no idea who he was. 

With him and Toler our secondary will be much improved from last year. Thank goodness Vaughn at least isn't starting. 

Well, he played corner last year, because the Raiders are awful, and he wasn't very good, but like I said, the Raiders are awful.

See, I like the Cherilus and Toler signings because I could get a good bead on those guys being pretty good in spite of the team around him. With Huff, I honestly have trouble distinguishing his play from the general suckitude of Oakland.

Frankly the guy would be a bit of reclamation project.

True true, plus I thought he was supposed to be a safety anyways. Must be fast if raiders got him, lol. That Al.

My article on him:

The Indianapolis Colts have resigned cornerback Darius Butler to a 2 year deal.

The Indianapolis Colts' leader in interceptions last year is staying. After being picked up midseason, Darius Butler had 4 interceptions in 11 games, including 2 of them for touchdowns. He had a good impact on the team, and served as a very good replacement for Jerraud Powers. Butler looked good in coverage, running with guys down the field and showing good physicality. He's definitely a keeper. 

He spent a few years trying to find himself, jumping from team to team, and failing on each one. Now, he's with the Colts, and it seems to be the right fit. He seems happy and it seems like he's here to stay.

Jerraud Powers is a free agent and if he doesn't return, expect Butler to fight for the last cornerback spot. If Powers does return, which is a big if, Powers would most likely get the last spot with Toler and Davis getting the other two. Anyways, keeping Butler was the right move.

The details include a 2 year deal worth an undisclosed amount of money. Stay tuned for the full amount.

Interesting Stat

Teams throwing at Greg Toler last year had a QB rating of 51.5, 5th best mark in NFL. 2nd? Darius Butler at 39.5 #Colts

Well Butler played for half the year, but still that's very good.

Toler, 5th in the league doesn't surprise. I've been saying for awhile he's been very good and was one of the VERY FEW on this board that wanted him. Glad we got both of them.