Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 02/05 + Super Bowl Bonus

sb41champs

Were you at all surprized that former Colts OC Bruce Arians won the "AP HEAD COACH OF THE YEAR" award in a landslide - and - that his closest competitor was Head Coach Chuck Pagano ??

SUPER BOWL BONUS:

Five minutes left to play in Super Bowl XLVII........

Did the 49ers LOSE the game - or - did the Ravens WIN the game ??

No Surprises BA & Coach of the Year was a given ..

The San Fran Flatliners in the first half stunk up the place , They played a lot better in the second half but the damage was already done . They had there chances they just could'nt seal the deal , So the Ravens coasted to victory .It was a better game that I thought it would be. I had picked the 49ers to win .

1) No surprise here. He didn't just do a fine job. He did so under very emotional and trying circumstance. The Colts were the worst team in football just a year ago. Under his watch, we have our pride back and BA has much to do with that. 

2) The SF 49ers put themselves in position to win, and then it's as if they passed out cold. I won't take anything away from the Ravens. They played like champs for much of the game. However the 49ers left the Ravens almost powerless to stop them....and then the 49ers stopped themselves with one of the most bizarre sequences I've ever seen to close out a SB.

I have to give the Ravens credit for a great goaline play-call however. They went cover-0, choosing to blitz when many teams wouldn't have had the stones to do so. Kaep revealed today that he recognized the cover-0 and changed the 4th down play to a fade route. That was a bad idea, what made it worse was his failure to make sure the left side of his line had their assignments picked, as well as Gore's responsibility. The free blitzer is what ruined what was already a bad play-call.