Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL is a non profit

Coltivated

Wow....  when I first saw this thread, I was sure the OP must be mistaken.

Nope.    I am.

I was sure the NFL and it's team would NOT BE non-profits,  but that the NFL would likely have a non-profit arm, or division, for the various NFL charity functions.   That would make sense to me.

But, nope to that too.

Wow.     Must be nice to know the right people.

I knew it, but that is complete nonsense! Just another way for the rich to get richer while the hardworking middle class taxpayers get screwed. Any entity that makes a profit should get taxed as long as the rest of us have to pay up.
Wow....  when I first saw this thread, I was sure the OP must be mistaken.

Nope.    I am.

I was sure the NFL and it's team would NOT BE non-profits,  but that the NFL would likely have a non-profit arm, or division, for the various NFL charity functions.   That would make sense to me.

But, nope to that too.

Wow.     Must be nice to know the right people.

Nah, read my post in the original thread. It's tempting to jump to these conclusions, but it's not what you think. The NFL itself is just a pass-through entity. Whether or not it is subject to corporate income taxes is largely irrelevant. There is little reason or benefit for the owners to let material income accumulate in it. The real money goes back to the clubs - which are all (except for the Packers - who don't have a gazzillionaire behind the scenes) taxable entities.

Now, what the owners might do personally to avoid income taxes is a different matter, but that has nothing to do with this.