Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the Manning/Brady era beginning it's end?

Jules

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he wouldn't. Shanny would have taken the sure thing, not the big question mark that is Bob

You say this in hindsight. No one knew Griff would be injured this year. He impressed in college just as 12 did, the latter just got a ton more media coverage. The Redskins were enamored by Griffin from their first meeting with him, and he is such a dynamic player that there's no doubt in my mind that they would have taken him at any position in the Draft.

Colts: 2-14 or slaughtered in the playoffs...even without PM in town anymore. Has a ring to it.

Ha!

That was a tough game to watch. Better than PM's first playoff game, though.

P.S. Speaking of rings, a lot of our players have at least one. How many Texans do?

24-9 compared to 41-28...see what I'm saying? And points aside, we actually led a comeback. You guys were doomed from the start.

A couple garbage time TDs. You outscore the Pats 15-3 in the final 8 minutes and still lost by 13. I should be in awe of Shaub's heroic comeback. He truly is an inspiration.

Ha!

That was a tough game to watch. Better than PM's first playoff game, though.

P.S. Speaking of rings, a lot of our players have at least one. How many Texans do?

The way you guys build up Manning, they should all have at least 14. We don't have any yet but we're sure to be even with 18 pretty soon. :goodluck:

A couple garbage time TDs. You outscore the Pats 15-3 in the final 8 minutes and still lost by 13. I should be in awe of Shaub's heroic comeback. He truly is an inspiration.

Yeah, without a key interception that game would have been closer, and you will even hear Patriots fans say it. I recall a lot of people sticking the fork in when the Texans were down 31-13. Proves resiliency and heart.

Dude...you guys lost to Gabbert! And had to engineer comebacks in other games against other teams that we would have put away easily! The Colts were playing off of raw emotion that last game, and we see how well it served them when they went on the road...The Packers have Rodgers and the Patriots have Brady, two greats. Having Adrian Peterson on your team will work wonders for any quarterback, and they beat this mojo-filled Packers team you referred to as well. Winning as many games as we won in convincing fashion is the sign of a dominant team. Heck, even if by some chance we aren't dominant, we're still better than the Colts, and they just aren't going to rise up and suddenly wrestle the division away like you seem to believe. There are other QBs in the AFC who will challenge 12, it's not going to be an easy walk to the park.

I know it will take a few yrs before Luck start to handle you guys easily, but talking about dominant plz compare with the decade Manning dominated your team, not the Colts team now.

And do you notice had Colts not blown the coverage against Gabbert you guys were not winning the division?

Do you have a legit #2 WR that can be promoted to #1 if your Andre Johnson goes down as he always does? You must notice how lucky you were to have both Schaub and Johnson healthy at the end of season. It actually happened 0 times before this season.

Yeah, without a key interception that game would have been closer, and you will even hear Patriots fans say it. I recall a lot of people sticking the fork in when the Texans were down 31-13. Proves resiliency and heart.

Are we playing the excuse game now? Ok, if Moore doesn't fumble on the one yard line we win the division.

I know it will take a few yrs before Luck start to handle you guys easily, but talking about dominant plz compare with the decade Manning dominated your team, not the Colts team now.

And do you notice had Colts not blown the coverage against Gabbert you guys were not winning the division?

Do you have a legit #2 WR that can be promoted to #1 if your Andre Johnson goes down as he always does? You must notice how lucky you were to have both Schaub and Johnson healthy at the end of season. It actually happened 0 times before this season.

By a few years I think you mean 20. As in, his career will be over before that actually happens. Coulda shoula woulda...it never gets old. We will probably address receiver with the first pick in the Draft and in free agency. Manning's doing pretty good dominating less talented teams in Denver too. He's continuing his fad.

Are we playing the excuse game now? Ok, if Moore doesn't fumble on the one yard line we win the division.

Not an excuse, just an observation. And you guys lost by more than one TD, so that doesn't exactly work out very well in the math department.

Do we also win the division had we not allow the last second TD to Gabbert? There are just so many ways to put Texans away...

Not quite as many, it seems, to have put the Colts away. We and the Ravens both did pretty good in that department lmao.

By a few years I think you mean 20. As in, his career will be over before that actually happens. Coulda shoula woulda...it never gets old. We will probably address receiver with the first pick in the Draft and in free agency. Manning's doing pretty good dominating less talented teams in Denver too. He's continuing his fad.

So I assume he dominated your Texans because you were not talented enough until he finally left the division?

So I assume he dominated your Texans because you were not talented enough until he finally left the division?

We reached the pinnacle of our talent, that's for sure. And he was still in the division when we finally made the playoffs, despite our injuries.

Not an excuse, just an observation. And you guys lost by more than one TD, so that doesn't exactly work out very well in the math department.

Well it kind of does seeing as how the Texans kicked a field goal off of that turnover. That's a 10 point swing. But you're the one making excuses not me.

Come on he was standing on the sideline watching! lmao!!! Congratulation on your making the playoff, finally! :thmup:

So you lose one guy...2-14. We lose several guys, including our QB...playoff win and near AFC Championship appearance. Alright, you win. :clap:

So you lose one guy...2-14. We lose several guys, including our QB...playoff win and near AFC Championship appearance. Alright, you win. :clap:

The key is we have a division winner who has never made the top-2 seed of the conference and has successfully won 1 playoff games each yr but those were all at home against a team called Bengals. And somebody is calling this team "dominant"

Who's to say we don't score a TD after you guys did?

Who's to say that Schaub doesn't fumble the ball and we return it for a TD? I'm not making excuses for our loss. You're the one making excuses for the Pats loss. I'm just showing you how ridiculous it is for you to blame the game on one play.

The key is we have a division winner who has never made the top-2 seed of the conference and has successfully won 1 playoff games each yr but those were all at home against a team called Bengals. And somebody is calling this team "dominant"

Yeah, the media before the end of the season. Ask anybody who uses logic about who is more dominant, Texans or Colts...bet you won't get many who say Colts.

Who's to say that Schaub doesn't fumble the ball and we return it for a TD? I'm not making excuses for our loss. You're the one making excuses for the Pats loss. I'm just showing you how ridiculous it is for you to blame the game on one play.

:wall:

Hard to imagine they can still make any excuse for the Pats loss... Sorry 2 Pats blow-out losses... Perhaps they would like to play Pats for a 3rd time?

Yeah, the media before the end of the season. Ask anybody who uses logic about who is more dominant, Texans or Colts...bet you won't get many who say Colts.

I never called this current Colts team dominant. You'd set a higher standard if you consider your team as dominant. I just think this yr's Colts is not even a very good team, but you just barely pulled one more win than them and still couldn't win in Indy.

Nice try and keep trying next yr.

Right again! So now we have Andrew Luck is worth more than Peyton Manning is worth more than the ENTIRE TEXANS FRANCHISE!

This keeps getting better!

Hold on, let me intercept this ball from 12 real quick...okay I'm back, what were you saying? Oh, Griffin is more valuable to his team and might win ROTY? Congrats!

When talking to a 12 year old, you must act like a 12 year old... ;)

I never called this current Colts team dominant. You'd set a higher standard if you consider your team as dominant. I just think this yr's Colts is not even a very good team, but you just barely pulled one more win than them and still couldn't win in Indy.

Nice try and keep trying next yr.

Yeah, we'll make the playoffs for the third year in a row and probably advance further. Hey, we've been making steps of improvement for a while now. See you guys in the playoffs and winning...uh...eventually!