Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers vs Atlanta reminded me of 2007 Chargers vs Colts

chad72

Colts go ahead 7-0 and are on verge of getting ahead 14-0,  Marvin fumbles and the game turns around. Here, the 49ers are down but keep fighting, clawing and stay in the game.

Colts have critical turnovers in the second half and so do the Falcons. Turner the Burner runs all over us, and so does Sproles, just like the 49ers run all over the Falcons in the second half. Pass rush cannot get to Volek just like pass rush could not get to Kaepernick.

Peyton has 4 chances to get a TD down 24-28 and he fails, very much like Matt Ryan. Final score says it all. :)

Man, I am telling you.

Matt Ryan is following in the footsteps of Peyton, not a good omen when it comes to the playoffs, IMO.

0-3 to start the playoffs, wins first playoff game and then eventually loses in the conference championship game after doing so. Peyton at least had a wild card game to go 2-3 instead of Matt Ryan's 1-4.

Yeah it did. And maybe that's why I surprised myself by pulling for Atlanta a lot today. I kinda felt bad at times.....maybe I got old vibes from the Colts.

I hate to see a team implode like this at home too.

Well congrats to Bogie but at the very least it was a good game and nobody got blown out. I was on the edge of my seat.

It was a good game.

I actually feel bad for the die hard Falcons fans lol. My God, it is like watching old highlights of the Colts at times in big games to me.

Maybe Ryan and the Falcons get over the hump someday like we did, or maybe not. I just know their fans must feel terrible and it's going to be a long offseason.

But, I am also happy for the 49ers getting back too but I am not as into them as I used to be either, I would rather it had been Green Bay. *sigh* I kept thinking today that if Green Bay had made it that even with their porous D at times that Rodgers could have carved them up and gotten back to the SB.

I think Peyton is/was still a better QB then Ryan ever has been though.

Also, how in the world.....my God Falcons. 24 points at the half. And you end the half with 24 points.

Ouch.

Yeah I agree also but boy do they both have their playoff woes. At least Manning got one though. He still has an opportunity get a couple more as well.

Hopefully Luck doesn't have incredible misfortune in the playoffs. He does have another dimension with his big body, toughness and athleticism though. I can see him getting a game winning TD w his legs diving into the endzone and getting clobbered at the same time winning the game. He's one tough dude, can't wait till we get an OL for him.

Yeah I agree also but boy do they both have their playoff woes. At least Manning got one though. He still has an opportunity get a couple more as well.

Hopefully Luck doesn't have incredible misfortune in the playoffs. He does have another dimension with his big body, toughness and athleticism though. I can see him getting a game winning TD w his legs diving into the endzone and getting clobbered at the same time winning the game. He's one tough dude, can't wait till we get an OL for him.

Agree. But, sometimes I do wonder about the Super Bowl and the age thing with QBs. After age 35/36 is just becomes increasingly rarer and rarer to win a title as a QB. Very few QBs have won it all past age 36.

If Brady loses today too I might start to wonder if we ever see Brady or Manning win one again. We might be entering a new era soon in the AFC where different QBs show up in the big one and the Manning/Brady/Big Ben pattern breaks.

Agree. But, sometimes I do wonder about the Super Bowl and the age thing with QBs. After age 35/36 is just becomes increasingly rarer and rarer to win a title as a QB. Very few QBs have won it all past age 36.

If Brady loses today too I might start to wonder if we ever see Brady or Manning win one again. We might be entering a new era soon in the AFC where different QBs show up in the big one and the Manning/Brady/Big Ben pattern breaks.

I have a feeling Manning & Brady will be competition for the SB as long as they are still playing the game. At the same time nothing really suprises me with the NFL anymore.

Ahahah, that was an absolutely massive tipped pass! Pats are looking like they're done.