Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The weather DID bother Peyton

oldunclemark

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading that PM was going to work on throwing the ball better in cold weather. Mentioned that he tried practicing while "icing " his hand but said it didn't help him much. He then mentioned the SB being in NYC next year , so he will keep working on it. Strange that cold weather would be that much of an issue (as to how to adapt or play in it ) to someone in the league this many years. I would tend to think that besides a glove , which he wore , it's pretty much "you can or you can't" but leave it to PM to keep working to improve.....I guess.

I had arthritis in my hands at 34(I call him Arthur Itis :)).....not saying PM does....but my guess is most people that work outside and use their hands have it developing or it is there.  Add that to the grip problems from nerve regeneration and it is tough.  It is hard for me to make a fist today at 10 degrees wind chill....much less throw a football across my body in an AFC Playoff game.

This is in no way an excuse for number 18....it is a cold hard fact of the aging process....:(

I had arthritis in my hands at 34(I call him Arthur Itis :)).....not saying PM does....but my guess is most people that work outside and use their hands have it developing or it is there.  Add that to the grip problems from nerve regeneration and it is tough.  It is hard for me to make a fist today at 10 degrees wind chill....much less throw a football across my body in an AFC Playoff game.

This is in no way an excuse for number 18....it is a cold hard fact of the aging process.... :(

All part of the process of why QB's (for the most part) don't play in their late 30's.