Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Special Teams

GoColts8818

We won this game because of the Special Teams today.

Yes the kickoff return game still struggles but we had the huge return for a TD and a few other good returns out of the punt return game. On the other side of it we did a great job covering one of the better return guys in the game. Honestly outside of the New England game the coverage unit has done a graet job this year and I wanted to give them a pat on the back and ask when was the last time you could make an arguement that special teams won a game for the Colts?

I'm still not pleased with our kickoff returns.

Seems crazy to continually (at least it feels like) start between the 10 and 20, when you can take the knee and automatically get the 20.

I cringed when the ball was pulled out, we didn't get to the 20 and then we got a penalty. That stuff can kill you.

As a whole though, I am much happier with special teams than in years past.

I was fist pumping when we downed the ball at the 1 today lol. That was perfect.

Leodis McKelvin is one of the league's better returners and we kept him in check. Then there was the great return by TY, which means there was some solid blocking for him. Kick returns still leave a lot to be desired though, as we had difficulty making it past the 20

The kickers deserve credit too. McAfee has been awesome this season at everything we ask him to do (again outside of the New England game) and after some early struggles AV has rebounded.