Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thanksgiving Game #2 - Cowboys vs Redskins

chad72

Cowboys stink, flat out stink :) and I am loving it.

Cowboys have 3 easy games coming up, huh, Jerry?

Shanahan pulled a 180 after the bye week. They were going into the bye week with 2 losses and team morale was low.

Then, after the bye week, they are playing much better pass D even without Orakpo and Kerrigan. Yep, having Garcon back to help out RG3 does not hurt either. It does not matter how many times RG3 throws but he makes it count against a Cowboys pass D that was ranked pretty well, that is what I am gathering.

This Redskins team is impressive and will be a tough out in games moving forward. They do have a bright future, IMO.

The NFL is a week to week game basically. It does not matter what your record is coming into a game, how your O or D have done prior to that game. You have to respect your opponent and I almost feel like the Cowboys were playing on snooze there.

28-3 at the half, too much thanksgiving food in their bellies, huh, boys'? :)

receivers are making some tough catches in tight coverage -- props to Griff too though for fitting them in tight windows. WRs certainly playing better the last couple games than before - not nearly as many drops.

2 straight solid showings by the defense too -- they were awful for a while there.

He needs one more attempt to make this game "count", but if he were to have 158.3 ratings in back to back games it would be the first time in NFL history.

I thought it was only 10 attempts? Eli's perfect game I think he only threw 10 attempts. That is if my memory serves me right.

I thought it was only 10 attempts? Eli's perfect game I think he only threw 10 attempts. That is if my memory serves me right.

Not that it is a leading source, but wikipedia has it listed as 10 so maybe I'm wrong. It has the Pennington & Eli game with 10 attempts listed. Pennington was the only QB to lose with a perfect rating... I thought I remembered some analyst making a comment that the attempts needed was 15.

http://www.pro-footb...single_game.htm

Profootball reference has Griffin's & Pennington's listed but not Eli's.

Here's the rule to qualify for a perfect passer rating..

To qualify, a QB must attempt at least 10 passes, have zero interceptions, and have a minimum of a 77.5% completion percentage, 11.875% touchdown passes percentage, and 12.5 yards per attempt.

The lowest completion was Eli on Oct 10th, 2009...8-10 for 173 yards and 2 TD's (he left that game before halftime, but is still credited with a perfect passer rating.

The highest amount of completions was Ken O'Brien Nov 2nd 1986 26-32 for 431 yards and 4 TD's

Peyton has the most total with 4...Roethlisberger is the only player in history to have 2 in one season..

Here are some statistics about perfect passer ratings history

Only two quarterbacks have accomplished a perfect passer rating with 30-or-more attempts. Ken O'Brien threw 26-for-32 in his perfect game for a completion rate of 81%, while Kurt Warner threw 24-for-30 in his perfect game for a completion rate of 80%. Craig Morton holds the record for completion rate in a perfect game, throwing 17-for-18 for 94.4% in his 1981 perfect game.

Only two quarterbacks have accomplished a perfect passer rating with six touchdowns thrown. Peyton Manning was the first to achieve the record on 28 Sept 2003 against the New Orleans Saints, while Tom Brady matched the feat on 21 Oct 2007 against the Miami Dolphins. Thirteen quarterbacks have accomplished a perfect game with only two touchdowns thrown. It is impossible to achieve a perfect game with only one touchdown because of the 10 passing attempt minimum to qualify, combined with the minimum 11.875% touchdown-to-attempted-pass ratio.

Only one quarterback has accomplished a perfect passer rating with more than 400 passing yards. Ken O'Brien threw for 431 yards on 2 Nov 1986 against the Seattle Seahawks. Only three quarterbacks have accomplished a perfect game with fewer than 150 passing yards. Scott Hunter threw for 138 yards on 31 Oct 1976 against the New Orleans Saints, Drew Bledsoe threw for 143 yards on 26 Dec 1993 against the Indianapolis Colts, and Rich Gannon threw for 146 yards on 15 Oct 1992 against the Detroit Lions.

Only two quarterbacks have accomplished a perfect passer rating in their rookie season. Drew Bledsoe of the New England Patriots accomplished this against the Indianapolis Colts on December 26, 1993 and Robert Griffin III of the Washington Redskins accomplished this against the Philadelphia Eagles on November 18, 2012.

Passer rating aside he's had a pretty good game to say the least, the MVP talk might start again on his last two showings.

Beasley has looked good for the Cowboys.

I believe MVP is stretch.

Though setting the NFL record of 4 td passes in one game and matching it the following week is impressive.

Currenlty he's at 152.5 for today's game.

Any chance at the perfect game is now gone with the int.

I believe MVP is stretch.

Though setting the NFL record of 4 td passes in one game and matching it the following week is impressive.

Currenlty he's at 152.5 for today's game.

I agree it's a stretch but it will be bandied in the media I'm sure, Skip might explode in excitement. That aside he is a very impressive rookie.

I'm fairly certain it's 15. Chad Pennington had one where he had 14 attempts and wasn't given "full credit".

Either way he's 13/16 at this point so if he gets it, then it will be official.

Yea, I've heard so many different things for it to "count." Last week I was under the impression of 20 attempts. He can't get it now anyway though. He threw an interception.

I've searched and searched..I find many of the exact same articles saying 20 completions, but I can't find any factual basis or hard-fast evidence that it is 10, 15, or 20..

I'm going to just say..He had an exception game, that was truly amazing...His team won, and won big, and he had a perfect passer rating for that game, no matter what the no fun league says or not...and he's having another great game today...

So I guess is toe-may-toe or ta-ma-toe...I just give the guy credit for an awesome game

Ok, I know that RGIII played like a beast and helped the Skins light it up, but what matters more is that America's Bandwagon....er Team, the Cowboys, lost. Which means that instead of another week of "Are the Cowboys playoff contenders and we should all love Romo" on ESPN, we'll go back to day by day coverage of "Trouble brewing in Big D"

Dallas's light schedule doesn't look that much light anymore....they still need to go face the 'Skins in their house, they have the resurgent Saints, and the Bengals/Steelers could present trouble as well.