Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does luck have the freedom to audible yet?

jwilli69

We all know that PM had full control and authority to do whatever he wanted on the field, is luck given the freedom to check out of plays yet and if so, is he checking out correctly and how much? I'm not seeing the check outs but maybe I'm used to seeing Manning doing it on every play. I think Luck is cerebral enough to recognize but maybe the team wants to harness his responsibility.

Part of it is due to the amount of new guys on the offense; another part is this isn't the Manning offense. Moore (later Manning himself) gave him concepts and Manning adjusted accordingly. This is a different offense altogether. That said, I think Luck is ready to audible. From all I have read, it is the rest of the offense that is not. Our offensive line has not really played together. Those guys all need to be on the same page when it comes to audibles (changing coverages, blitz pickups, etc.), and they haven't been together long enough to get that down. Same goes for the receivers/RBs. So it's partly to due with personnel, but mostly b/c this is not Tom Moore/Peyton Manning's offense. That said, I've seen Big Ben Pittsburgh audible plenty, so it is a part of Arians' offense. They (besides Luck) just aren't there yet.

You can audible to whatever you like, but when you make bad throws that are not timed properly, and sailed to WR who are covered by 3 men the outcome against quality opponents will be similar to yesterdays game. I'd like to see Andrew continue to improve in that area more than I would like to see him audible. He'll get there because getting a 50 burger put on you is a bad taste!

I'm talking about him getting to the line with a run okay called but it being stacked against him, have you seen the freedom to change the play to a pass? All rookies throw into coverage they shouldn't and having defenders in your face every play because of such a garbage line doesn't help. If Luck was behind Brady's line, how deadly do you think he would be then?