Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting article on how luck is better than RG3

Playoffs2013

I did see RG3 got flagged for Off. PI when he went out for a pass lol. Crazy.

That was one of few bad plays he made in that game. I can't believe how bad the rest of the team looked. We had all of 7 players who came to play ball (o-line, Morris, and Griffin).

Honestly, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't just pop off without having watched the game.

There's no benefit of the doubt in this situation. Either he didn't watch or he fabricated his own version of reality to fit what he wanted to see.

So the next time the Colts have a bad game, and it is because of things out of Luck's control... You can't bash him for the above reasons. Both guys will hopefully have long productive careers. There will be some good and some bad. Simmer down.

That would be pretty consistent with my track record here. I like Luck quite a bit and have been far quicker to blame Arians and the lack of a run game for your occasional offensive struggles than Luck. His accuracy isn't always there (my lone criticism of him) but he is clearly a major point of strength for your team.

Griffin wasnt horrible. He was getting pressured all day and his WRs def. did not help him out. He wasnt great but far from horrible. The real problem is the Skins defense is atrocious.

One thing though is teams will have some film of a good defensive gameplan for that offense. Should be interesting to see how the Redskins come out next week.

The pressure really wasn't that big of a deal until we had no choice but to pass late in the the 4th quarter. As far as I saw, the Steelers D was wholly unimpressive throughout the game save for a play here or there. It seemed to me like they were just as baffled as every other team we've played by the playfake... but we consistently failed to execute when we had them beat. I doubt any blueprint for beating our offense comes out of this.

We just won't win a lot of games until our defense can aspire even to the level of a bottom third unit and we will not have a chance in any game if our offense has an off day. Right now our defense may be historically bad.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 dropped passes where 7 of the were dumpoffs and screens Santana moss dropped two passes right in his hand but got drilled right when he caught it. RGIII overthrew two deep balls which one would have been a TD. Redskins offense is so childish to me running flea flickers when your down 17 and running reverses and sending RGIII out on a deep route and getting nailed by Clark. And when plays broke down steelers bottled up RGIII nicely, and I don't know what Deangelo Hall was thinking and a lot of one read pass plays from the redskins. Redskins was the nationally televised game on fox if you didn't have a local game at 12

7 were dumpoffs? Link? I think you're making stuff up again.

10 dropped passes where 7 of the were dumpoffs and screens Santana moss dropped two passes right in his hand but got drilled right when he caught it. RGIII overthrew two deep balls which one would have been a TD. Redskins offense is so childish to me running flea flickers when your down 17 and running reverses and sending RGIII out on a deep route and getting nailed by Clark. And when plays broke down steelers bottled up RGIII nicely, and I don't know what Deangelo Hall was thinking and a lot of one read pass plays from the redskins. Redskins was the nationally televised game on fox if you didn't have a local game at 12

Thanks.

At least you watched the game..

But with that being said, I dont think 7 of the dropped passed were dumpoffs.

Griffin had 11 dropped passes entering the game today.

It will be interesting what his total will be later in the week once stats inc. breaks down the film.

I didn't watch the game, but I doubt it will be 22.

Umm, there was a graphic that said 11 at the end of the game.

RGIII was awesome today. Would have been 28 for 34 it it wasn't for the 11 (that's right 11) drops. He was the only reason it wasn't a complete blowout. Luck played real bad (as usual), but was bailed out by his defense. Something RG3 hasn't had the luxury of happening all season.

Ahhh, yes. The old adage of if only... This about sums up my thoughts on this thread.

1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

7 were dumpoffs? Link? I think you're making stuff up again.

I sat and watched the whole game. Morgan dropped a screen. Morris dropped 2 out of the backfield, hankerson dropped a slant . Moss dropped one over the middle right through his hands, one he caught and the hit knocked it out, and he dropped a bubble screen. I don't know the dude name but he is a backup rb/FB #36(I think that's his number) he dropped a dumpoff rolling to the right. Those are the ones I can name off the top of my head

No they won't. Any offense looks bad with 11 drops. The Redskins stopped themselves. RG3 was making all the right reads.

I agree you guys dropped passes but every team, every game drops passes. Luck had several big drops today. Its part of the game. I also saw several of those drops being off target throws that were difficult to catch.

And when I talk about game film regarding gameplan, Im more talking about stopping the running game and containing Griffin. The Steelers did a great job on both fronts. Limited Griffin to 8 yards rushing and the Redskins as a team to less than 90.

I agree you guys dropped passes but every team, every game drops passes. Luck had several big drops today. Its part of the game. I also saw several of those drops being off target throws that were difficult to catch.

And when I talk about game film regarding gameplan, Im more talking about stopping the running game and containing Griffin. The Steelers did a great job on both fronts. Limited Griffin to 8 yards rushing and the Redskins as a team to less than 90.

Because drives stalled due to drops. 11 of them. The most this season (8 was the previous milestone) by any team. I think 11 might be a NFL record. Actually all the drops were right on the money. Some were dislodged, but nothing you wouldn't expect them to hold on to. The Redskins are going to waste RG3 if they don't surround him with better talent. Him, Morris, and Trent Williams are the only NFL starters on the entire offense with Garcon and Davis out. The defense, I don't even know where to start...

The Steelers gave up about 4.5 yards per carry to our lead back. They had tremendous penetration on a few plays but they also gave us some solid 7-10 yard gains. I don't measure the success of our run game by what Griffin does. His yards are all gravy, it's what our base running game does that matters. When your passing game fails completely and your defense puts you in a huge hole early, you're forced to go away from the run and the numbers reflect that.

The Steelers played good, disciplined ball which is always difficult to play against and does go a long way towards containing Griffin as a running threat... but they didn't really stop the run and they didn't really stop the pass to anywhere near the extent that our own receivers did.

Maybe there were... Time will tell.

Like I said, I haven't watched it.. That just seems high, and fans usually feel like there are more drops than there actually are/were.

Believe me... it'll prove to be a fairly accurate number. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that game as far as drops go. You guys have had more than your fair share of drops this season, too, but you've never had a game that was even close to that (unless your one today was... but it doesn't sound like it, I'll check that one out later in the week). Unbelievable.

Believe me... it'll prove to be a fairly accurate number. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that game as far as drops go. You guys have had more than your fair share of drops this season, too, but you've never had a game that was even close to that (unless your one today was... but it doesn't sound like it, I'll check that one out later in the week). Unbelievable.

It sounds like it will. With people other than Redskins fans discussing a high # of them. Like I said, Griffin had 11 entering the game, and if he had anything close to that in one game then that is a really crazy game.

Luck had 13 entering today and its safe to say there were a couple more, nothing close to double digits, but since Luck has thrown more passes, the Griffin drops account for a higher %.

I don't know about griffin, but luck had defensive players hanging all over him and still made plays . That will be the difference between luck and griffin. Griffin has to outrun them because he just isn't strong enough. Polian said they were equal in talent but luck gets the edge because of potential injuries down the road.To griffin.

rg3 is clearly the better qb better than Luck and Manning both at this point in their careers

he had 11 drops or would have had another stellar game. Dont be surprised if he is in the MVP talks either. Rookies arent supposed to put up these kinda numbers. the stats dont tell the story but like I said rg3 played well (again) and luck played awful and relied on his team to make plays since he cant.

Means absolutely nothing. Team game. Luck is obviously surrounded by superior talent and has a way better defense. But for neanderthals and parrots, 4-3 will be the mantra.

Really? A team that went 2-14 last year. And a busted play away from being 5-2. There was a reason the Colts had the first pick. They were garbage.

Superior Talent? Where? You really want to compare Avery to Hankerson? Or Morgan to Hilton? The difference is negligible at best. Sure Wayne is better. Yet your OL and Scheme is better. As well as your staff. Its a moot point on your behalf.

Way better Def? Before this week we give up 26pts a game. You guys give up 28. Yet we havent played the Saints,Falcons,Bucs,Giants. All quality off. teams.....we have played the Packers.....

Seriously?

That would be pretty consistent with my track record here. I like Luck quite a bit and have been far quicker to blame Arians and the lack of a run game for your occasional offensive struggles than Luck. His accuracy isn't always there (my lone criticism of him) but he is clearly a major point of strength for your team.

That is not true... The running game has been pretty good despite our much maligned offensive line, and Luck didn't look bad at 26-38. You guys need to look at things without your burgundy and gold glasses on. It might help because this thread is chock full of fail.

Not so bold prediction... the sudden influx of Skins fans to this thread will probably not end well. Apologies for some of the more useless posts on behalf of rational Skins fans everywhere :(

That is not true... The running game has been pretty good despite our much maligned offensive line, and Luck didn't look bad at 26-38. You guys need to look at things without your burgundy and gold glasses on. It might help because this thread is chock full of fail.

As of the last two games, yes. Again, I was speaking about some of the things I've said when your offense has legitimately struggled and your run game was non-existent. You guys have clearly been much more balanced of late (and your record reflects it) but you were bad enough previously that you were ranked 22nd in rushing offense going in to today's game.

Don't hate just because you can, I've been pretty reasonable and favorable towards your QB.

Not so bold prediction... the sudden influx of Skins fans to this thread will probably not end well. Apologies for some of the more useless posts on behalf of rational Skins fans everywhere :(

Or just one guy hellbent on bolstering his argument... I have never seen this many Skins fans here on this board before, hehehehe.

When did the Colts have better personnel than the Redskins in other peoples eyes??we were called an expansion team personnel wise right before training camp ( I always said that we had better personnel but people just laughed and said I was drunk)

since the play on the field made it apparent...

There are good fans and bad fans in every fan base. Some can discuss various teams, players without incident and some just throw stuff against the wall and hope that it sticks.

Really? A team that went 2-14 last year. And a busted play away from being 5-2. There was a reason the Colts had the first pick. They were garbage.

Superior Talent? Where? You really want to compare Avery to Hankerson? Or Morgan to Hilton? The difference is negligible at best. Sure Wayne is better. Yet your OL and Scheme is better. As well as your staff. Its a moot point on your behalf.

Way better Def? Before this week we give up 26pts a game. You guys give up 28. Yet we havent played the Saints,Falcons,Bucs,Giants. All quality off. teams.....we have played the Packers.....

Seriously?

you went 2-14 because you tanked...

Luck is obviously surrounded by superior talent and has a way better defense.

HA!

Have you seen the Colts play this season?

Offense:

Running games: Colts 22nd, Redskins 1st

Yards per attempt: Colts 25th, Redskins 2nd

Defense:

Opponent Passer Rating: Colts 27th, Redskins 18th

Run Defense: Colts 23rd, Redskins 7th

Yards per rush: Colts 28th, Redskins 9th

Turnovers (forced): Colts 4, Redskins 16

And having watched both teams alot id say the Colts are considerably worse in pass protection. The Redskins O-line isnt amazing in pass protection but I havnt seen the pocket collapse continously like ive seen with the Colts this year. I have seen the Redskins T's getting beat wide a few times.

Im not taking away from Griffin but saying the Colts are "superior" is ridiculous. Luck is playing behind a bad O-line, with 3 rookie pass catchers and a dude who wasnt able to stick with the Rams.

Id say both teams have serious holes. Its why they were both bad last year.

Colts fans are funny...Luck had a horrible day, again, yet his team pulled off a victory, yet they feel this is proof that Luck is somehow better than RG3, whose team lost and completely crapped the bed. I mean, the Skins even missed an extra point. Who does that?

I love how you cherry picked there.

Where did I cherry pick?

The only category the Redskins are worse in is passing yards. Considering the Colts are horrible against the run I can see why teams dont need to throw on us regularly.

Look im not saying the Colts are so much worse than the Redskins. But you said they are superior. Which is completely ridiculous considering this team was 2-14 last year and got beat 50+ points in one game. None of the stats bear that out the Colts being superior. Im pretty convinced the Colts would be 3-5 too if we played the same schedule as the Redskins.