Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CLASSY IS as CLASSY DOES - Part Deux

sb41champs

Moments of "CLASS" exhibited during this weekends sports:

1. Former University of Tennessee women's basketball Coach Pat Summitt was @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse to support & celebrate her former player Tamika Catchings !! This is despite the fact that Summitt was forced to retire early due to a diagnosis of early onset dementia !!

2. Toyota television ads in the central Indiana area are not sporting a note to Colts Coach Chuck Pagano wishing him a full and speedy recovery !!

3. Indiana Pacers Coach Frank Vogel - plus players Danny Granger, George Hill and Paul George combined to purchase 4,000 tickets to game 3 of the WNBA Championship Finals game - which they distributed FREE to Fever fans !!

4. Indianapolis Colts players Reggie Wayne, Pat McAfee, Antoine Bethea, Robert Mathis and Jerraud Powers joined the fun by purchasing 2,500 tickets to the final game of the WNBA Championships and distributed them FREE to Colts/Fever fans !!

WOW !! It is both inspiring and impressive to be a central Indiana sports fan with SO much class in our state !!

I don't get #2.

One of the local car dealers in town has a commercial with everyone wearing Chuckstrong t-shirts and is donating $200 off every car they sell to help fight cancer.

I think it's a nice move but at the sametime I am a little uncomfortable with the idea of someone using the Chuckstrong thing to try to help them sell cars.

As for the other stuff there is a reason why the Mid-West gets such a good rap for it's morals and how nice we are :).

Honestly that was really special that Pat Summit was here for Tamika and I glad she got to see it. Honestly I don't know if we realize how lucky we are to have her in our city. If she played for the Pacers she would have been as big of a star Peyton Manning was for the Colts she's THAT good. She's now done everything there is to do in Women's Basketball and I so glad she got a championship. The other thing that is great about her winning championship is that it's just great to see the truly wonderful and nice people in sports be on top and there aren't many people who are better people in the sports world than Tamika Catchings is. Something that isn't widely talked about with Tamika either is that she has a hearing disability which makes her accomplishments all that more impressive.

It was great to see the Pacers support the Fever but they have done that before. What was even cooler was to see the Colts get in on the act. The Pacers doing it while still very nice is a no brainier because they are owned by the same person who owns the Fever. The Colts have no ties to the Fever other than they are in the same city. Classyness starts at the top and works it way down and the Colts have IMO the classiest owner in all of Sports and it shows. Take nothing away from the Pacers players either I want to make sure I am not coming across as if I am trying to do that I am not.

BTW props to Pat McAfee how many teams can say their punter is one of the faces of their franchise? That dude does more in the community than probably any other player on the roster. I remember last year around Christmas he bought a station wagon filled it up with things and just drove around town and gave it away. He's a great guy and just someone you want to represent your city.