Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RB/Flex Dilemma

For now....I have my starting WRs as Brandon Marshall @ Jax and Torrey Smith @ KC

My starting RBs are Green-Ellis vs Miami and Darren Sproles vs San Diego

My starting FLEX is Malcolm Floyd @ New Orleans

My available WR/RB/FLEX guys are.....

WR Antonio Brown vs Philly

WR Randall Cobb @ Colts

RB Jackie Battle @ New Orleans

I'm considering starting Jackie Battle instead of Green-Ellis because of Miami's stout run defense....but Norv Turner is being completely vague about Battle and Ryan Mathews' workload split, in addition to the fact that the Chargers and Saints game has all the earmarks of an aerial shootout and not a ground and pound.

Green-Ellis has no such workload split to worry about and is all but guaranteed his carries.

And although Brown and Cobb have their own ability to explode on any given week...I feel like it comes down to Floyd or Battle as the FLEX play.

Opinions?

bench green ellis and floyd for battle and brown. phiily's pass d has looked terrible. battle could be a good option vs the saints. regardless of who starts rivers loves to throw to his rbs

You make a good point about Philly's pass defense....Eli was able to move it pretty well against them even with a short-handed WR corps.

I've settled into a pretty good group of skill-position guys but I've misfired on starting the right ones a couple times this season....so I gotta win this week.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

I have both Antonio Brown and Eric Decker in another league, and I have chosen to go with Eric Decker in this game.

Philly's pass defense, I am not sure I would call it terrible. It depends on who Nnamdi plays. For some reason, Nnamdi did not play Victor Cruz in the Giants game and Cruz got enough points. Hopefully Nnamdi is on Mike Wallace for your sake.

I would go with Green-Ellis @RB, only for one reason..Miami has a good defense, however, as you mentioned, he will get all of the carries..plus, he has better hands out of the backfield, and with a good D, he will get more short passes as Dalton won't have the extra time to throw as often as he wants to. I think they will use the short pass as a form of the running game, much like they did when Benson was the RB.

I would go with Cobb, only because with Jennings out, he will see more balls come his way this weekend, and with the Colts secondary injuries, could even get a TD or two. I love Brown, however, he doesn't get the TD looks esp now with Emmanuel Sanders back healthy. He'll still get the catches and yards, but I would take a flyer on Cobb this week.

I wouldn't go Battle if Matthews is 100 percent. He's a beast of a back when healthy, and will get 75-80 percent of the total carries and passes if he's healthy. If not, then Battle could be an option.

Just my two cents on this..

Thanks for the responses all....but sheeesh....Fantasy Football is as much timing as it is talent....as me and my 2-3 record can attest to.

I wound up going with Green-Ellis over Battle at RB...and they both flopped for different reasons, so RB production wasn't in the cards for me since I'd passed over starting Steven Jackson who under-performed his projection vs AZ by 5 points, and Darren Sproles, who I started at the other RB spot got me 3.7 points....about 7 points under his projection.

Anyway....I used Antonio Brown at FLEX and he matched his projected points.

Fortunately I won the match-up on the backs of Tony Gonzalez and Brandon Marshall, who doubled their projections....and Rivers and WR Malcolm Floyd hit their numbers and my team outproduced its projection by 5 points.

And of course, my opponent's team had a bad week like mine has several times.

But a win is a win....I'll take it. :)

For now....I have my starting WRs as Brandon Marshall @ Jax and Torrey Smith @ KC

My starting RBs are Green-Ellis vs Miami and Darren Sproles vs San Diego

My starting FLEX is Malcolm Floyd @ New Orleans

My available WR/RB/FLEX guys are.....

WR Antonio Brown vs Philly

WR Randall Cobb @ Colts

RB Jackie Battle @ New Orleans

I'm considering starting Jackie Battle instead of Green-Ellis because of Miami's stout run defense....but Norv Turner is being completely vague about Battle and Ryan Mathews' workload split, in addition to the fact that the Chargers and Saints game has all the earmarks of an aerial shootout and not a ground and pound.

Green-Ellis has no such workload split to worry about and is all but guaranteed his carries.

And although Brown and Cobb have their own ability to explode on any given week...I feel like it comes down to Floyd or Battle as the FLEX play.

Opinions?

I start Antonio Brown every week. He IS Pitt's best WR. And he is getting targets, just not scoring yet.

I start Antonio Brown every week. He IS Pitt's best WR. And he is getting targets, just not scoring yet.

Yeah....I gave Antonio the nod for the FLEX spot yesterday and he held up his end of the deal. He may be my FLEX guy for a while now.

My problem with FLEX is that, at RB I got Green-Ellis, Sproles, Battle and Steven Jackson.

IMO....Jackson (when healthy - haha!) is the only sure RB starter out of those guys. I had alot of confidence in Green-Ellis, and Bernard Scott is out for the season now....but the Law Firm is just NOT producing very well for the Bengals. Sproles is a feast or famine RB/FLEX guy depending on the Saints coaches mood swings....and Battle's value is at the mercy of Ryan Mathews' health and fumble-itis. Bottom line is once I start 2 RBs, I don't have any better a FLEX prospect among my RBs than I do with my WRs....Brown, Torrey Smith, Malcolm Floyd and Brandon Marshall.

Oh well....the travails of fantasy football, huh? Good luck next Sunday John. :)