Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So...what positives can I draw from Sunday?

buffalo34

Ugh, just ugh. The Bills reaffirmed that us fans really have nothing to get excited over this year. When will this team just stop putting up embarrassing performances every time there's a big game? We go into the Meadowlands Week 1 and lay an absolute egg against Sanchez and the Jets (who then went on to get slapped around by Pittsburgh, squeak by Miami by the skin of their teeth, and get spanked, abused, you name it against the 49ers). Sure, we beat two bottom feeders in the past two weeks (KC and Cleveland) to make us happy, but in come the Patriots and flat out mail it in during the 2nd half.

What was it, 7 consecutive scoring drive by the Pats? That's just outright unacceptable. It was like me using Thurman Thomas in Tecmo ripping off 10+ yards every run. It was beyond pathetic. What's more pathetic is that in 2 divisional games this year, the Bills have allowed a staggering 101 points (!). In the last two meetings with the Patriots, the Bills have allowed 101 points. Doesn't anybody in our organization think it's a problem when you allow 50 points a game against your division opponents? Heck, if you count Buffalo's lucky win last year vs the Pats (which turned out to be meaningless as we tanked the season immediately after), that's 132 points over 3 games.

And why should I even get pumped up over the next few weeks? Next week, we go to San Francisco. Then we go to Arizona. Then Tennessee, a bye, @ Houston, and @ New England. Anything over 1-4 in that stretch will cause for celebration, by my suggestion a parade through downtown Buffalo.

It's sad that most of my pleasure these days in the NFL is watching other games around the league, watching successful teams show why they are where they are.

So, what did go right today for a person like me?

-Sanchez and the Jets got shutdown and absolutely beat down, 34-0 by the 49ers. That's a highlight reel I can watch when it's available On Demand shortly.

-Peyton Manning! :D

Other than that, not a whole lot. Tynes had 2 chances to win the game for the Giants and he fell short, literally. And I'm not really going to watch the local news this week as it'll be a weeklong Brady is god slobberfest. And Brady giving his wife a hug will be press-conference worthy here too. And that he brushes his teeth and puts on deodorant like normal human beings.

I do feel your pain bro. I really do feel like teams are getting closer. I mean, Miami took Arizona into OT, Green Bay only beat NO by 1, St. Louis beat Seattle......parity is gonna play a big role this year. Look at Minnesota, two weeks ago they got beat by the lowly Colts, the last week they beat San Fran and now they beat Detroit. Just gonna be a weird year. At least at this point, we all know basically where we stand, although I reckon Arizona won't be playing in January despite what their fans may think.

The eal erefs are almost as bad as the replacements..

In the Denver-Oakland game...they called a play where Carson Palmer threw the ball of the bac of an O-lineman a sack

which would have been difficult since no one had tackled him..

..In the Phily-Dallas game....the Phily coach got a time out to freeze the kicker AFTER the ball had been snapped...(they had a slplit screen on TV)..

..the difference is that the players and coaches dont act like spoiled children around the REAL refs because they know the REAL refs will eject them...

ll eject them..i

The eal erefs are almost as bad as the replacements..

In the Denver-Oakland game...they called a play where Carson Palmer threw the ball of the back of an O-lineman a sack

which would have been difficult since no one had tackled him..

..In the Phily-Dallas game....the Phily coach got a time out to freeze the kicker AFTER the ball had been snapped...(they had a slplit screen on TV)..

..the difference is that the players and coaches dont act like spoiled children around the REAL refs because they know the REAL refs will eject them...

ll eject them..i

Thats was weird when called, should have been if anything grounding