Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Why" We Needed To Beat Jacksonville

King Colt

The tough loss yesterday hangs on this team now that they have Green Bay next which will make them 1 and 3 with the Jets after that (Possibly 1-4). I blame yesterdays loss on the absense of a ground game and the reason is no line and no running backs. This leaves the Colts as a one dimensional team. Luck continues to impress with his foot speed a welcome addition. I do see a never say die attitude on our team and that is great for what is in reality an expansion team.

The tough loss yesterday hangs on this team now that they have Green Bay next which will make them 1 and 3 with the Jets after that (Possibly 1-4). I blame yesterdays loss on the absense of a ground game and the reason is no line and no running backs. This leaves the Colts as a one dimensional team. Luck continues to impress with his foot speed a welcome addition. I do see a never say die attitude on our team and that is great for what is in reality an expansion team.

Can't see this team, that can't even play a smart game at home, beating the Jet's on the road, it's 1-4 in my mind already. The coach is making some seriously dumb rookie mistakes also. Be prepared for the onslaught of green and gold garishness in a couple weeks , a lot of them probably Indiana natives bandwagoning on the cheesehead train. Here in Illinois, obviously it is Bears country, but there are a lot of Colt's fans too, you never see Packers anything unless they are winning. During Favre heyday they were everywhere, then the Pack slipped, they were MIA, now all the G logos have been dusted off or bought again and it seems like Wisconsin over here in Central Illinois. Don't really hate the Pack, just hate these bandwagonjumpin fakes here.

We are "reloading" this year. We are young and raw. We had this game won! We let Gabbert beat us?

We have 5 winnable games in a row after GB. This season, if anyone is seriously concerned with our record or a playoff berth, they are going to give themselves a coronary.

That game was FUN! Mad when we lost but the Jags always play us tough and I had a great time watching.

The tough loss yesterday hangs on this team now that they have Green Bay next which will make them 1 and 3 with the Jets after that (Possibly 1-4).

More than likely, thought I think we can still possibly beat the Jets. Either way though this is just a statement of what you think our record is going to be without any real depth to the "Why". What difference specifically will having a 1-2 record at this point in the time make aside from the obvious you've lost a game more (which you might well make up winning a game elsewhere). Pedantic I know.

We didn't need to beat them, that's just silly. We've lost to the Jaguars with teams, and during seasons, much better than this. There's still 13 more games in this season. So we probably don't make the playoffs. Going 1-2 doesn't mean we're inevitably going 1-15.

We didn't need to beat them, that's just silly. We've lost to the Jaguars with teams, and during seasons, much better than this. There's still 13 more games in this season. So we probably don't make the playoffs. Going 1-2 doesn't mean we're inevitably going 1-15.

i don't think he is saying that. This game was a huge blown opportunity to make a respectable season of it. I mean it was completely deflating . If they get it done they are 2-1 and maybe they gain the extra confidence they need to pull off an upset or two. It could be the difference between 4-12 and 7-9 or 8-8 in my mind.

we have several capable running backs, Brown, Ballard and Carter and Moore all did not suddenly forget how to run the ball, I dont see how Brown is the problem when you look at the yards he got last year on limited carries and he had some hard runs right up the middle yesterday

Hey, the Pats are 1-2 as well!! Didn't think that would be the case right now....Anyway, yes I am bummed we lost a winnable game. That said, the Jets are very up and down, so don't pencil that one in as an automatic loss. And GB at least is a home game, with a lot of guys coming back. They aren't invincible. If Minnesota can beat SF handily, than we can beat GB. I hope the team comes out mad, driven, and plays good football. Angerer and Freeney back will make a big difference on defense. We will be ok everyone, and if we suck record-wise, it just means another high pick. I am just looking for growth this season. It's a new team. Yesterday was a step backwards, but the refs didn't help (yes, I will play the ref card b/c they made that big of an impact on the game, which should never happen)

Jaguars were a much better team those seasons with Garrard . This years version has no business winning a road game against anybody.

i don't think he is saying that. This game was a huge blown opportunity to make a respectable season of it. I mean it was completely deflating . If they get it done they are 2-1 and maybe they gain the extra confidence they need to pull off an upset or two. It could be the difference between 4-12 and 7-9 or 8-8 in my mind.

That I can understand and that's what I meant by giving a "Why" and I do think it's a valid point. But you could also argue they need to learn about bouncing back from defeat (the Bears game is different in mind in terms of player physcology as it was a dead game early in the 2nd half really). Let's see how they respond from this.

Asbestos suit on for the next bit for the flaming.... Now first off I'm a Colts fan, I want them to win each and every game simple as. However taking that aside I do wonder whether it might be counter productive to finish at 8-8 compared to a 4-12 say. Unless you seriously think we're going to Disneyland this year is drafting higher this year more valuable for the long term success of the team. I think we can pick us some seriously good value with a trade down if the league extrapolates in a linear fashion from what we've seen so far (of course it won't!).

The important thing this season for me isn't results, or finishing 2nd behind the Texans in AFC South, or Luck winning the ROTY. The important thing is the young players developing as competitive NFL players to give us a foundation to build on with subsequent drafts. Learn from our mistakes in the past and build strength in depth and not just be a one trick pony GOAT ;).