Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Writer Is Not Impressed With Us!

krunk

When you have defensive lineman in the backfield with you in less than a second, how is any reciever going to be open and if so how would Luck ever find them? No time to even think to throw. O-line has got to get better for D. All the above to have a chance

Well, the first thing is that I have always said that the Colts O-Line needs help. That is a given in any situation, passing or running.

For the second part..Luck did have some time, and when he did, he went to Reggie and Fleener. He didn't have all of his offensive weapons,which is what I was referring to as well. Plus,, with Hilton, there is a threat on end around plays, and also quick hitters. With quick hitters, it doesn't matter about the D-Line pressure. And with Hilton's elusiveness, it is a weapon that is missed when a player like that is out. I was only commenting on what I had marked in bold blue..Why? Because the rest of the receiving corps isn't any good."

The writer of the article failed to mention that the Colts only had 4 receivers, and were missing their solid #2, and a good deep threat. He dismissed them as basically garbage. That was the point of my entire post. And it seemed to me that he completed quite a few passes in order to get 309 yards.

Look, any objective observer knows that with the volume of turnover on our active roster and coaching staff, there is no way all these new pieces and new schemes could gel very quickly in 1 NFL season. Yes, our o-line needs some considerable tweaking and our secondary will take some time to get their feet underneath them. I am under no delusions of grandeur here. I just would like to see this journalist do a follow up report on our squad in 2 years. Any person can kick a team when they are down on their knees, but who has the courage to literately document the growth of a franchise over time? Who is willing to say the Colts are no longer beholden to an outdated Tampa 2 scheme? Who is willing to say that the Colts are trying to actually win games with a solid ground game, a stingy defense, and flawlessly executed special team's play?

My point is the pinnacle of the NFL elite is always changing, adapting, and growing...Please don't hesitate to give the BLUE Horseshoe a 2nd look in a couple of years. The only constant in this world is change and hardwork and diligence always pays fruitful dividends in the end. Pagano, Grigson, and Irsay know what must be done. The Colts will improve, will learn, will gain confidence, and they will rise again like a mythological Phoenix from the ashes.

Well, the first thing is that I have always said that the Colts O-Line needs help. That is a given in any situation, passing or running.

For the second part..Luck did have some time, and when he did, he went to Reggie and Fleener. He didn't have all of his offensive weapons,which is what I was referring to as well. Plus,, with Hilton, there is a threat on end around plays, and also quick hitters. With quick hitters, it doesn't matter about the D-Line pressure. And with Hilton's elusiveness, it is a weapon that is missed when a player like that is out. I was only commenting on what I had marked in bold blue..Why? Because the rest of the receiving corps isn't any good."

The writer of the article failed to mention that the Colts only had 4 receivers, and were missing their solid #2, and a good deep threat. He dismissed them as basically garbage. That was the point of my entire post. And it seemed to me that he completed quite a few passes in order to get 309 yards.

Wasn`t questioning your points, they make sense to me. My point is its hard to judge any QB,WR or RB play when the O-line is getting hammered for the most part. Cutler had all day to throw with no pass rush and that helps makes him and the WR`s look like world beaters. Under pressure he was 1-10 passing, they adjusted plus Freeney went out and he`s on fire. Same players

No worries..I agree totally...

Look, any objective observer knows that with the volume of turnover on our active roster and coaching staff, there is no way all these new pieces and new schemes could gel very quickly in 1 NFL season. Yes, our o-line needs some considerable tweaking and our secondary will take some time to get their feet underneath them. I am under no delusions of grandeur here. I just would like to see this journalist do a follow up report on our squad in 2 years. Any person can kick a team when they are down on their knees, but who has the courage to literately document the growth of a franchise over time? Who is willing to say the Colts are no longer beholden to an outdated Tampa 2 scheme? Who is willing to say that the Colts are trying to actually win games with a solid ground game, a stingy defense, and flawlessly executed special team's play?

My point is the pinnacle of the NFL elite is always changing, adapting, and growing...Please don't hesitate to give the BLUE Horseshoe a 2nd look in a couple of years. The only constant in this world is change and hard work and diligence always pays fruitful dividends in the end. Pagano, Grigson, and Irsay know what must be done. The Colts will improve, will learn, will gain confidence, and they will rise again like a mythological Phoenix from the ashes.

I like your thoughts, however, I want to see what he has to say at the end of this year as well..I believe that there will be significant improvement by the end of the year. The Colts are far from an elite team anymore, but I feel that management has placed a good foundation for the Colts to (as you so perfectly put) "rise again like a mythological Phoenix from the ashes".

Side Note: I can't wait to have this writer eat his words...until then, I would love to draw a line down the middle of his head so it looks like a....

Wow the godly Greg Doyle, who Dennis Howell of DallasProSportSpot named "Columnist of the Year" for 2011, thinks the Colts are pitiful!!!!

I better start watching the Patriots now, omg what am I going to do!!!!!

haha

If Mr. Doyle was indeed named 2011"Columnist Of The Year," just what precise standards was he asked to meet to reach that status exactly? Standards can either be heightened or lowered contingent on the pool and quality of journalists available at any given newspaper. Can you say limbo line? Not that what Mr. Doyle was completely inaccurate per say, just a tad bit too hasty and rash in his final diagnosis IMO.