Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

will one of chargers NT become available

coltnorth

We were getting gashed more on outside runs. Jamal Williams in his prime wouldn't be able to stop outside runs. It's the DEs and OLBs that are responsible for stopping those.

If you got your NT demanding double teams from the Oline I don't care where the run is chances are that running play will not gain many yards because the LB will shoot the gap bringing the runner down

I see, I suppose your better at coaching the game then our coaches then since thats part of what they do which is go over the tape, maybe you should apply to coach :thmup:

You weren't talking about the coaches it was you who said that and I'm sure it wasn't the coaches who said it was the DEs who were the problem containing the run.

the colts would have done much better if mookie was getting double teams meaning the LBs would be free to make the tackles

You weren't talking about the coaches it was you who said that and I'm sure it wasn't the coaches who said it was the DEs who were the problem containing the run.

the colts would have done much better if mookie was getting double teams meaning the LBs would be free to make the tackles

Freeman got a hit on Robert Griffen the III as did other linebackers, Moala got a hit on him. I will go back over the game but Mookie was beating Montgomery like Montgomery cussed his momma, Mckinney was getting double teamed and was getting drove back because he didnt have his feet under him on a couple plays. the play where Freeman came up the middle Mookie was in the game. I think whats going on is people are holding his past performances in the Cover 2-Cover Nobody against him, Mookie is actual pretty good but Im done getting into a back and forth with ya, I recorded the game I know whats in front of my eyes, Mookie was not getting double teamed on a regular basis your correct but Im sure Montgomery would have loved the help instead of getting pancaked and thrown into the ground more times then he would like to count

Freeman got a hit on Robert Griffen the III as did other linebackers, Moala got a hit on him. I will go back over the game but Mookie was beating Montgomery like Montgomery cussed his momma, Mckinney was getting double teamed and was getting drove back because he didnt have his feet under him on a couple plays. the play where Freeman came up the middle Mookie was in the game. I think whats going on is people are holding his past performances in the Cover 2-Cover Nobody against him, Mookie is actual pretty good but Im done getting into a back and forth with ya, I recorded the game I know whats in front of my eyes, Mookie was not getting double teamed on a regular basis your correct but Im sure Montgomery would have loved the help instead of getting pancaked and thrown into the ground more times then he would like to count

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_AjWzwLepU

Watch at 2:58 i think mookie was a better 4-3 guy than he is a 3-4... yea there were some plays where the colts lost containment on the outside but mookie has not been a highlight reel in the middle at all.

Rather Mckinney in the middle or a true NT... i rest my case

I disagree with that the NT is the anchor of a 3-4... a good NT frees up the LBs to make the play which I'm sure you already know.

I did see some plays where the DEs were over pursuing but the NTs weren't getting much push especially mookie

Right, Look at the draft and see where the 5 technique is typically drafted at for the most part it tends to be ahead of the NT. When it should be but the 5tech make it difficult to run and double down. Most run plays aren't iso's up the gut the require movement or someone pulling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_AjWzwLepU

Watch at 2:58 i think mookie was a better 4-3 guy than he is a 3-4... yea there were some plays where the colts lost containment on the outside but mookie has not been a highlight reel in the middle at all.

Rather Mckinney in the middle or a true NT... i rest my case

That was Mckinney by the way at 2:58 very first play at the beginning of the 2nd quarter I just watched it on DVR slow motion

Our big problem is that some of the time Our D linemen are not accuping the Ofensive linemen as they should. they are letting the Offensive linemen get to our linebacker which then takes thier ability to fill gaps and shps away. We have got to demand doble teams better and get a little more push. Were not bad all of the time but there are little spurts. This will be something to watch over the season. Hopefully Chapmen can come back and stay healthy and give a real nose tackle. But Im biginning to think maybe drafting another NT in our next draft might not be a bad Idea. If we can get chapman back and keep him healthy and maybe get that guy from Utah to give us two solid options. The more Ive watched of him the more I like him at that postion. But give the D time to work some kinks out and get a couple full games in. Also remember as far as defense goes we really have not shown everything we have just been playing our D but not really showing alot of things. So when our first game comes around against the Bears were probably gonna see alot more stuff and alot of new wrinkles and creative pass rushes and blitzes.

That was Mckinney by the way at 2:58 very first play at the beginning of the 2nd quarter I just watched it on DVR slow motion

Overall Defensive Line wise the bigest problem was us not containing the edge and they were getting alot of cutback lanes as well which sprang some long runs. Also some missed tackles and etra yardage due to that. Our D line was getting penetration and had guys filling holes but at times I think were actualy over penatrating. When you wanna stop the run you do not wanna over penatrate. That creates holes and even cutback lanes. So I wouldnt be so much worrid about how much penatration were getting as far as stopping the run. We do need to take double teams better and work on containing that edge better for sure as well as watch our penatration.The pass rush side wasnt too bad either we were getting penatration for that. We had thier Linemen in Griffins face a number of times, we just need to actually get the QB. When we really start dialing stuff up in the reg sesaon and we get this D down better Im sure that pressure will result in more sacks.

Offenseivly from this film we were moving the ball nicely at times. O Line was alright but not great at all. They had a good number of breakdowns but luck was also able to buy time and still make plays. Now Our Run blocking and run game is horrible. There is some serious work that needs to be done because we cant seem to create a decent hole for the life of us. Hopefully they come together over this season and start putting that run blocking together and get a running game going. We need to Keep in Mind a new O line, Rookie QB, new systems on both sides and a young team. Somethings are gonna take a little time. We dont need to get real harsh yet. Let some of the reg season play out before we go to wild. It takes everyone on thier fild doing thier job and thier assighnment for the unit to be successfull. One broken link and it ALL falls apart.

Overall Defensive Line wise the bigest problem was us not containing the edge and they were getting alot of cutback lanes as well which sprang some long runs. Also some missed tackles and etra yardage due to that. Our D line was getting penetration and had guys filling holes but at times I think were actualy over penatrating. When you wanna stop the run you do not wanna over penatrate. That creates holes and even cutback lanes. So I wouldnt be so much worrid about how much penatration were getting as far as stopping the run. We do need to take double teams better and work on containing that edge better for sure as well as watch our penatration.The pass rush side wasnt too bad either we were getting penatration for that. We had thier Linemen in Griffins face a number of times, we just need to actually get the QB. When we really start dialing stuff up in the reg sesaon and we get this D down better Im sure that pressure will result in more sacks.

Offenseivly from this film we were moving the ball nicely at times. O Line was alright but not great at all. They had a good number of breakdowns but luck was also able to buy time and still make plays. Now Our Run blocking and run game is horrible. There is some serious work that needs to be done because we cant seem to create a decent hole for the life of us. Hopefully they come together over this season and start putting that run blocking together and get a running game going. We need to Keep in Mind a new O line, Rookie QB, new systems on both sides and a young team. Somethings are gonna take a little time. We dont need to get real harsh yet. Let some of the reg season play out before we go to wild. It takes everyone on thier fild doing thier job and thier assighnment for the unit to be successfull. One broken link and it ALL falls apart.

My post is reguarding the video clip Not your comment Gavin.