Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

As long as we have Chud and Pagano, we won't be able to answer that question. He will be used the same way as he was used last year unless Chud changes the playbook, which I don't see happening. The O-Line may help Luck out to throw it to Dorsett, but the sheer low number of targets Dorsett gets shows Luck has a trust issue with him. Even when Moncrief went down, Dorsett's targets didn't go up. In fact, a large number of Dorsetts targets were in the Steeler game with Scott Tolzien as QB, so that number looks even worse with Luck as QB. You know good and well Hilton is safe (as you hinted). Ballard cleaned house a bit, Dorsett is just a top 4 option at WR right now for us and is currently safe. With our current UDFA WR's about to play in rookie training camp right now though, they have a chance to show they are worthy of making the team. I would put my money on Ballard getting value for Dorsett (while he can) if one breaks out, and using that WR as depth like Dorsett was unless Chud and Pagano actually make a conscious effort to use Dorsett to his strengths. Otherwise, there's no point in losing all his value for us, or wasting his career for him.

You may be right but IMO Dorsett will step up this season.

In order for the Colts to go to the next level Chud is going to have to start using the weapons that Luck has. If not maybe it's time to look elsewhere for someone who does.

In the meantime we wait and see.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

You may be right but IMO Dorsett will step up this season.

In order for the Colts to go to the next level Chud is going to have to start using the weapons that Luck has. If not maybe it's time to look elsewhere for someone who does.

In the meantime we wait and see.

Yep, lets hope for the best for Dorsett. I honestly feel bad for him right now.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:05 PM, BProland85 said:

We need to keep all our future draft picks because I believe Ballard knows what he's doing in the draft and I trust him to bring in more talent each and every year with his superb scouting abilities. 

If Ballard truly knows what he is doing in the draft...then late round picks are superfluous.

I could see a CB acquired via trade...though I can't imagine too many teams wanting to trade a good CB.

But the Colts still need a starting nickel CB and they need depth in general. I think they will wait to see if any one is cut...as well as work out some of the current FAs:

McCourty

Flowers

Verner

Given Ballard's emphasis on competition, I just can't imagine he goes into next season with the current CB group. I think he is going to add at least one more...and I wouldn't be surprised if he added two more.

10 hours ago, Oldschoolcolt19 said:

Trade moncreif to the Rams for their second round pick in 2018

So let me get this right. You would trade our #2 receiver for an unproven 2nd round pick?

We haven't even seen what Moncrief is capable of at his age and what he could be if he was utilized correctly.

No insult meant but I am sure glad you are not Ballard.

Maybe the Rams would be receptive to a player trade.  They need a receiver and cap space. We trade a receiver ; Dorsett or Moncrief and a pick, maybe a 4th. that could end up a 3rd. for Robert Quinn.  They get the cap space and a player and a pick and we get our young ER.  Just a thought.