Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maurice Jones-Drew ranks the RB class......

9 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Signed: Marcus Peters & Tyreek Hill

Dude. If you want a good team QUICK, you have to take advantage of situations like this. We can get 1st round talents in the 3rd and 4th. Who cares as long as they can play at a high level and keep out of trouble. Baring murder, rape, etc. Something horrible, that you cant take back.... I mean I wouldn't care if he was the biggest ___ hole in the world as long as he can ball out.

Mixon was a kid. Young and dumb. And who knows the truth about the Lewis situation.

He punched a woman.  He didn't shop lift or get drunk and jump into a canal.

20 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Polian signed guys like Tito Wooten (I think that was his name), Shawn King (the DE not Shaun King the QB) and Andre Royal, all guys who were on their 2nd chances in the NFL.  He signed Montae Reagor as a FA even though he got turned himself in on an outstanding warrant when the team traveled to Denver for a game.

So Polian was not against signing guys with issues.  It all depended on if he thought they were done with their issues.

I can't even remember what any of them did much less remember their names outside of Reagor, but I'm quite sure Mixon would be a no no for Polian.   If he did so it would have been somebody like the above who you can get rid of with the flick of the wrist.

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I agree with MJD, for the hype this class is getting as being extremely deep at RB, most look just average to me.

And Hill, the RB from Wyoming looks downright awful to me, yet he's fairly high on a lot of lists.

I agree. I think there are tiers.   Mixon, Fournette and Cook, first round talent.  McCaffrey 2nd, Kamara 3rd, and the rest no better than 4th.  

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I agree. I think there are tiers.   Mixon, Fournette and Cook, first round talent.  McCaffrey 2nd, Kamara 3rd, and the rest no better than 4th.  

And many think Mixon is undraftable, at least early.  That leaves two in the first...which is about par....then two or three decent prospects after that...then throw a dart at the rest.