Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jabaal Sheard

AKB

2 hours ago, Shive said:

1. I don't see Walden coming back at all. Ballard wants competition, not someone re-signing with the expectation of starting. Walden's tweets pretty much spelled the end of him in Indy as well.

2. We need at least 1 edge rusher out of the draft. I'd like to see one in the first 2 rounds, then potentially another one around the 4th round.

3.  I'd like to see Maggitt with a full offseason under his belt, fully healthy. He was an animal at Tennessee when healthy.

Yeah I don't see him back either, I was just saying you know. Wouldn't be a bad idea if he keeps sitting there with not much interest. I get what you're saying about Maggitt, but we'll see what happens there. The newest mock I've seen has no Tim Williams in the 1st.. He didn't show much at the combine, but the kids gonna be special. It'd be a dream come true if he fell to us in RD2. I think we'll take McKinley at 15 if he's there to be honest. Just a feeling. He's too talented to pass on IMO. I was hoping a kid like Basham would be available in the 4th, but that doesn't look realistic after the combine. He'll probably go early-mid 2nd, but there's a handful of EDGE rushers I like in the 2-4 range aside from him.

Maggit had 1st round talent till injury...There is a reason he is still with us...Ballard must see the same potential I see..He will be 2 years removed from injury with a year of of experience in our system under his beltm.I see a young Walden with higher ceiling..I could envision a productive 6 sack season in a limited role, and a force on special teams..Grigson left the cupboard far from bare..We are gonna be this years Falcons I feel it...Defense is already way better, young fast and bigband we still have draft...

23 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

For some reason, I'm having a hard time buying into the moves made so far in this offseason. But at the same time, I'm not going to be negative about them neither. Just a wait and see kind of thing IG. 

Our LB corps, just in the short time since free agency began, is vastly improved from last year. That's not really saying much since they were so bad, but the fact that that position group has been prioritized and completely gutted should make everyone happy.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Our LB corps, just in the short time since free agency began, is vastly improved from last year. That's not really saying much since they were so bad, but the fact that that position group has been prioritized and completely gutted should make everyone happy.

Just imagine Reddick in 1st, Watt in 2nd, and Mixon in 3rd...We will be fast and nasty on d on offense..I think we have an up and coming o-line too..more holes and time for Luck and all his weapons. .We will win super bowl if all works as i hope draft wise..Other than not signing Hankins , Poe, or Jenkins Ibthink Ballard is killing it in free agency we are a much better deeper team on both sides and still have draft and cap room...

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Just imagine Reddick in 1st, Watt in 2nd, and Mixon in 3rd...We will be fast and nasty on d on offense..I think we have an up and coming o-line too..more holes and time for Luck and all his weapons. .We will win super bowl if all works as i hope draft wise..Other than not signing Hankins , Poe, or Jenkins Ibthink Ballard is killing it in free agency we are a much better deeper team on both sides and still have draft and cap room...

Corner might be the biggest need at this point. I want edge rushers just as badly as everyone else, but we literally have no one besides Vontae to start at CB.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Corner might be the biggest need at this point. I want edge rushers just as badly as everyone else, but we literally have no one besides Vontae to start at CB.

I'd like to grab at least 1 Cb in fa, and draft a couple more in 4th or 5th rd...1St 3 rds should be olb and ilb and rb...Very deep draft for corners, maybe best ever, can get a couple good ones in the 4th..I want some big fast cbs like Kevin King and Cordrea Tankersly who are physical and can play press coverage...

Just now, jshipp23 said:

I'd like to grab at least 1 Cb in fa, and draft a couple more in 4th or 5th rd...1St 3 rds should be olb and ilb and rb...Very deep draft for corners, maybe best ever, can get a couple good ones in the 4th..I want some big fast cbs like Kevin King and Cordrea Tankersly who are physical and can play press coverage...

I'd kind of like to get an elite in round 1 or 2 to be honest. This is a contract year for Davis, and the likelihood of Ballard re-signing him seems low. We'll need someone that's ready to jump in and take his spot next year, and I'm not sure if I'm willing to put that on a 4th round, 2nd year player.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'd kind of like to get an elite in round 1 or 2 to be honest. This is a contract year for Davis, and the likelihood of Ballard re-signing him seems low. We'll need someone that's ready to jump in and take his spot next year, and I'm not sure if I'm willing to put that on a 4th round, 2nd year player.

If Vontae is healthy he will still be a top guy worthy of a 3yr extension or offer him to Pats for Malcom Butler and a 5th rd pick nxt year..

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Or Davis for Sherman straight up and extend Sherman 3 yrs..Salaries match

7 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's a big "if." He's had nagging injuries the past 2 seasons, and isn't getting any younger.

He aint that old..i wouldnt mind REVIS on a cheap 1 yr prove it deal either, if he gets in shape he has a few good years left in him, he was uninterested and out of shape for Jets last yr, he knew they had no hope...

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

He aint that old..i wouldnt mind REVIS on a cheap 1 yr prove it deal either, if he gets in shape he has a few good years left in him, he was uninterested and out of shape for Jets last yr, he knew they had no hope...

I like that idea in theory. My issue with Revis is that he's gotten very anti-tackling in his older years. He goes out of his way to shy away from contact now. A press man coverage scheme has no place for a guy like that.

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I like that idea in theory. My issue with Revis is that he's gotten very anti-tackling in his older years. He goes out of his way to shy away from contact now. A press man coverage scheme has no place for a guy like that.

Might be diferent if he jad hopes to contend..Did very well with Pats in right culture..I think him and Vontae would push each other and great guys for our rookie cb's to learn from...

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Might be diferent if he jad hopes to contend..Did very well with Pats in right culture..I think him and Vontae would push each other and great guys for our rookie cb's to learn from...

FWIW, I read the other day that the Pats were actually looking into bringing him back.