Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There was an interesting 2017 NFL mock draft published the other day

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

In that scenario I would hope the Colts would go with Carl Lawson. I have to research more on Barnett but the Colts might already have him on their radar from scouting Maggitt.

Lawson flashes well but hasn't had production and can't stay on the field. Give me Fields all day long, but I think he'll go in the front half of the first. 

18 hours ago, wig said:

Lawson flashes well but hasn't had production and can't stay on the field. Give me Fields all day long, but I think he'll go in the front half of the first. 

Fields? You really think he goes that high with his off the field issues? 

48 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Fields? You really think he goes that high with his off the field issues? 

People are pretty forgiving if it's a couple years old and he's kept his nose clean since. 

9 minutes ago, wig said:

People are pretty forgiving if it's a couple years old and he's kept his nose clean since. 

How quickly we forget Noah Spence. He fell to the 2nd even though he had "been clean for awhile". Although Fields still had the advantage of being at his same school. I still say 2nd round though.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

How quickly we forget Noah Spence. He fell to the 2nd even though he had "been clean for awhile". Although Fields still had the advantage of being at his same school. I still say 2nd round though.

Spence had a bad combine and didn't have Power 5 film.  Still, without the film, he'd have gone in the first if he ran a 4.6.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Actually, Fields started at TCU didn't he? He is at Louisville now.

On July 31, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Track Guy said:

Actually, Fields started at TCU didn't he? He is at Louisville now.

Actually you're right. Forgot about that. Going from TCU to Louisville is a lot better than going from OSU to EKU because you got banned from the Big 10.

On July 31, 2016 at 11:27 AM, wig said:

Spence had a bad combine and didn't have Power 5 film.  Still, without the film, he'd have gone in the first if he ran a 4.6.

Fields would still have to test out of the water though. Spence had good tape against lower competition. Fields is more explosive than Spence on tape, but he'd need a 4.65 or better 40 and needs to kill the LB drills.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Actually you're right. Forgot about that. Going from TCU to Louisville is a lot better than going from OSU to EKU because you got banned from the Big 10.

Fields would still have to test out of the water though. Spence had good tape against lower competition. Fields is more explosive than Spence on tape, but he'd need a 4.65 or better 40 and needs to kill the LB drills.

I think he'll be in that neighborhood.  I also think he's the best 34 OLB to come out since Mack.

21 hours ago, wig said:

I think he'll be in that neighborhood.  I also think he's the best 34 OLB to come out since Mack.

Oh for sure. Way too many natural 4-3 DE guys people want to try and entertain as 3-4 OLBs. As great as Garrett is, he screams DE to me.