Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is luck's value being diminished?

CR91

2 minutes ago, tikyle said:

And who threw the ball with seeing the receiver in position to make the catch?

Not when the receiver was covered like a glove. Face it. Wilson tried to force a pass in that wasn't there. Period. End of super bowl for him and Seattle. When you are the QB you have to take the good with the bad. Wilson made a bad play and all the excuses in the world you can think of does not change anything.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not when the receiver was covered like a glove. Face it. Wilson tried to force a pass in that wasn't there. Period. End of super bowl for him and Seattle. When you are the QB you have to take the good with the bad. Wilson made a bad play and all the excuses in the world you can think of does not change anything.

That 1 play is the difference between having 2 SB's instead of 1. SB's are incredibly tough to win as the Patriots even went 9 straight seasons without winning one from 2005-2013 and they have been dominant. Wilson blew a golden opportunity to get 2 SB's to start his career off. If I was a Seahawks fan that pass would've made me sick.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That 1 play is the difference between having 2 SB's instead of 1. SB's are incredibly tough to win as the Patriots even went 9 straight seasons without winning one from 2005-2013 and they have been dominant. Wilson blew a golden opportunity to get 2 SB's to start his career off. If I was a Seahawks fan that pass would've made me sick.

Would that pass have made you sicker than the actual decision to pass on what 2nd down with arguably the 2nd best RB in football on your team?

When a bone head play is called do you blame the playcall or the the execution more?  Did you blame the snapper or the ST coach/Pagano for that silly fake punt last season?

On July 7, 2016 at 2:32 AM, crazycolt1 said:

So what are you going to break? When any QB with that 'gun slinger' mentality is around he is going to get compared to Farve. It comes with the territory. Matter of fact just about every QB in the league gets compared to some QB of the past. :dunno:

I was thinking maybe a glass or a plate actually. TV's are to expensive to replace. Plus, there's the hassle of hooking everything up again & connecting wires to my DVD player & DVR in the same cabinet unit so I'm even frugal when I break stuff. 

Who made Favre the king of the "gunslinger" QB label anyway? There were broadcasters before John Madden you know. Brett does not have that term trademarked the last time I checked. 

On July 7, 2016 at 5:43 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hear ya, sometimes I felt like I was on a desert island along with you and just a few others preaching that the Broncos would win it all the 2 weeks leading up to the SB. I also found myself very frustrated with a some Posters that couldn't comprehend how important it was for Peyton to play instead of Osweiler going into the Playoffs. It's just opinion but I am almost sure that Tom Brady wouldn't lose to Osweiler in a Championship Game. I think Osweiler would've been shaky/scared and Turnover happy playing that Dynasty proven type team. Regarding Bogie, he seems to dislike Peyton so obviously with this being a Colts Website not many people care for that. I didn't at first until I started to chat with him more and realized that the guy is on my level when it comes to sports knowledge. Jules friended me my first few days here so her and I have always had good chats.

Yeah, too many people believed Cam Newton was invincible & even Superman himself could dab his way away from Von Miller. True Brock Oz was not ready for how tight secondary coverage gets in the playoffs. As my British history professor used to often say "age & treachery win over youth & skill." Translation: Experience matters. Peyton had it. Brock didn't. 

Bogie was never that fond of Peyton because of how he struggled in post season games for awhile & how the media often game him a pass for his difficulties beating NE I think. His Saints got the better of 18 in 2009 naturally. Mostly, I believe Manning's trouble acknowledging he played poorly in some playoff games rubbed Bogie & me the wrong way over time. But, as Manning entered his NFL twilight yrs, he got better admitting when his played sucked or was seen as below average from a QB of his caliber. I applaud the sheriff for that. 

Yep. Jules is pretty awesome. Like Bogie, she's not afraid to stick her neck out & say something controversial if she truly believes it & that takes guts. Jules can take the heat too when a lot of people run from intense backlash she won't. Jules is respectful of course. I just meant that she defends her positions well & she is not intimidated by opposition. 

When I Post I put my game where my mouth is and I stand by what I have Posted. If we don't win at least 9 games = 9-7 I will change my Avatar to a Tom Brady during the Playoffs. Some of these people that get on here and say we will stink are all talk, they wont bet anything because they are big chickens, comical, and love to Troll. or it's jealousy towards our franchise and most want to see us fail because we have been Very Good to Great since the 1999 Season = a SB win, 2 SB Appearances, 4 AFC Title Game appearances, and we have won 10 or more games 14 times from 1999-2015.

10 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, too many people believed Cam Newton was invincible & even Superman himself could dab his way away from Von Miller. True Brock Oz was not ready for how tight secondary coverage gets in the playoffs. As my British history professor used to often say "age & treachery win over youth & skill." Translation: Experience matters. Peyton had it. Brock didn't. 

Bogie was never that fond of Peyton because of how he struggled in post season games for awhile & how the media often game him a pass for his difficulties beating NE I think. His Saints got the better of 18 in 2009 naturally. Mostly, I believe Manning's trouble acknowledging he played poorly in some playoff games rubbed Bogie & me the wrong way over time. But, as Manning entered his NFL twilight yrs, he got better admitting when his played sucked or was seen as below average from a QB of his caliber. I applaud the sheriff for that. 

Yep. Jules is pretty awesome. Like Bogie, she's not afraid to stick her neck out & say something controversial if she truly believes it & that takes guts. Jules can take the heat too when a lot of people run from intense backlash she won't. Jules is respectful of course. I just meant that she defends her positions well & she is not intimidated by opposition. 

The thing about Peyton struggling in the Postseason is true to an extent (he is still 14-13 over .500) but he is 3-1 vs Tom Brady against Tom Brady in Championship games and 2-2 in SB's so I don't get the choke label or the - he stinks label in the Playoffs. Why don't Peyton haters or Pats fans bring up the fact that Peyton has beat Tom 75% of the time when it has counted? People can say Peyton played like garbage in the SB but yet Tom Brady did too in 2001 vs the Rams and so did Big Ben in 2005 but nobody seems to bring that up?? Von Miller was Cam's Kryptonite.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I Post I put my game where my mouth is and I stand by what I have Posted. If we don't win at least 9 games = 9-7 I will change my Avatar to a Tom Brady during the Playoffs. Some of these people that get on here and say we will stink are all talk, they wont bet anything because they are big chickens, comical, and love to Troll. or it's jealousy towards our franchise and most want to see us fail because we have been Very Good to Great since the 1999 Season = a SB win, 2 SB Appearances, 4 AFC Title Game appearances, and we have won 10 or more games 14 times from 1999-2015.

I know that CBE, which is 1 of the reasons I always read what you have to say because you own your miscalculations or predictions that fall thru. You honor your bets unlike say Skip Bayless. LOL! Your word is your bond man. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

I know that CBE, which is 1 of the reasons I always read what you have to say because you own your miscalculations or predictions that fall thru. You honor your bets unlike say Skip Bayless. LOL! Your word is your bond man. 

I am confident in my predictions because I have watched sports for basically 40 years so I love putting them out there. Jules got me on the Cavs/Warriors series though LOL, so she has the bragging rights on me regarding basketball - I know deep down she likes that and she should. It was a solid pick by her. I felt great about my Broncos pick last season. Before the season started I actually had the Spurs winning it all though so was way off on that one.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why don't Peyton haters or Pats fans bring up the fact that Peyton has beat Tom 75% of the time when it has counted?

Take comfort in the knowledge that all Manning's MVP Awards & being the 1st QB to win 2 SBs with 2 different NFL franchises pretty much neutralizes Brady's 4 rings to me. Or they cancel each other out at the very least. 

53 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I was thinking maybe a glass or a plate actually. TV's are to expensive to replace. Plus, there's the hassle of hooking everything up again & connecting wires to my DVD player & DVR in the same cabinet unit so I'm even frugal when I break stuff. 

Who made Favre the king of the "gunslinger" QB label anyway? There were broadcasters before John Madden you know. Brett does not have that term trademarked the last time I checked. 

Really? You never heard that? I kinda thought you were a little more informed on these matters? :sorry:haha

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Take comfort in the knowledge that all Manning's MVP Awards & being the 1st QB to win 2 SBs with 2 different NFL franchises pretty much neutralizes Brady's 4 rings to me. Or they cancel each other out at the very least. 

Great point SW1. Peyton has won 5 League MVP's to Tom's 2 and he has made the SB with 4 different Coaches that are not in Belichicks league. OK Dungy is in his league but not as great, the other 3 Coaches Caldwell, Fox, and Kubes are Average and everyone knows Peyton was the real Coach of those teams.

On 7/15/2016 at 3:51 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great point SW1. Peyton has won 5 League MVP's to Tom's 2 and he has made the SB with 4 different Coaches that are not in Belichicks league. OK Dungy is in his league but not as great, the other 3 Coaches Caldwell, Fox, and Kubes are Average and everyone knows Peyton was the real Coach of those teams.

Yeah I'm not one to say Brady sux or whatever, he has had a HOF career and was a 6th round pick.  Now a cheater?  Maybe.  But still HOF either way.  But in NO way would I take him over Peyton.  I've always been of the opinion Manning could have won even more with what Brady had on defense, coaching, etc.  And my notion was validated when Denver won it last year even though Manning was a shell of himself.  Give a QB a great defense behind him and even a just good QB will find a way to win.  I hope the Colts turn to that side of the ball next year.