Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC SOUTH getting more competetive

coltsuser21

THE AFC SOUTH IS GETTING MORE COMPETETIVE THAN IT IS BECAUSE:

TITANS GOT MATT HASLEBACK NOW(HES STILL A GREAT VETERAN QB)3yr/21mill

TEXANS SIGNED JJ WATT(BAD * DE TO PAIR UP WITH MARIO WILLIAMS)

ALSO THEY MIGHT SIGN Nnamdi Asomugha(THERE LOOKING TO SIGN HIM)

JAQS GOT A PRETTY GOOD TEAM ALMOST TOOK THE DIVISON LAST YEAR

ALSO NOTE THAT THE NY JETS ARE LOOKING TO MAKE ROOM TO SIGN THE SECOND BEST CORNER IN NFL N.ASOMUGHA(IF THEY DO THEY WILL BE A BAD * NEXT YEAR)

THOUGHTS???

Yeah, take off caps lock.

I agree.

Now, in response to the first post:

Yes, the AFC South is getting better. Locker has a good mentor in Hasslebeck, the Jags almost won the division last year and the Texans are a good team. Now, keep in mind that CJ2K might hold out again and Britt is kind of crazy and the Titans defense is decent, not great. The Jags are good, but it took a ton of injuries to the Colts for them to even have a chance at winning the division. Plus, they are very inconsistent. They will go 12-4 one year, then 3-13 the next. The Texans are solid, but how will that 3-4 work? They also have lots of trouble getting past the Colts in the division race. I'm not worried.

I agree.

Yes, the AFC South is getting better. Locker has a good mentor in Hasslebeck, the Jags almost won the division last year and the Texans are a good team. Now, keep in mind that CJ2K might hold out again and Britt is kind of crazy and the Titans defense is decent, not great. The Jags are good, but it took a ton of injuries to the Colts for them to even have a chance at winning the division. Plus, they are very inconsistent. They will go 12-4 one year, then 3-13 the next. The Texans are solid, but how will that 3-4 work? They also have lots of trouble getting past the Colts in the division race. I'm not worried.

You didn't mention the Jags improvements so far. Signed Posluszny, rumored to be close to signing Session (yeah).

I agree.

I'm not worried, but I'm concerned. I want the Colts the make more of a splash this year in Free Agency. If the rumors of Session going to the Jags is true, then the Colts should step it up and grab a vet LB. Also, I've said it before, but grab Donte Whitner at Safety.

THE AFC SOUTH IS GETTING MORE COMPETETIVE THAN IT IS BECAUSE:

TITANS GOT MATT HASLEBACK NOW(HES STILL A GREAT VETERAN QB)3yr/21mill

TEXANS SIGNED JJ WATT(BAD * DE TO PAIR UP WITH MARIO WILLIAMS)

ALSO THEY MIGHT SIGN Nnamdi Asomugha(THERE LOOKING TO SIGN HIM)

JAQS GOT A PRETTY GOOD TEAM ALMOST TOOK THE DIVISON LAST YEAR

ALSO NOTE THAT THE NY JETS ARE LOOKING TO MAKE ROOM TO SIGN THE SECOND BEST CORNER IN NFL N.ASOMUGHA(IF THEY DO THEY WILL BE A BAD * NEXT YEAR)

THOUGHTS???

Let's worry about what we do.

Yes they're getting better, but I wouldn't be too worried. Hasselback is at the end of his career, we could stop J.J Watt because we just upgraded our O-line with 2 great prospects in Ijalana and Castonzo. The Jaguars defense has always been bad, and last year's MJD is the best MJD you're ever going to see. He definitely can't do that again.

You didn't mention the Jags improvements so far. Signed Posluszny, rumored to be close to signing Session (yeah).

Hopefully they don`t sign Session and the Colts keep him. I forgot about them signing Posluszny, he is a good LB. They have made some big improvements so far through FAs.

Yes they're getting better, but I wouldn't be too worried. Hasselback is at the end of his career, we could stop J.J Watt because we just upgraded our O-line with 2 great prospects in Ijalana and Castonzo. The Jaguars defense has always been bad, and last year's MJD is the best MJD you're ever going to see. He definitely can't do that again.

MJD was hurt a lot last year, especially in the last few games where he missed some due to a knee injury. If he can stay healthy, he will perform even better.

Lots of ppl are saying who looks good, whos not a superbowl contender and we not one regular season game has been played yet much less a preseason game. Not to mention the NFL just came out a unique situation, lets see how these teams come out of that. Im interested to see how some of these teams cope with less time to prepare.

Everyone is getting better and we keep sitting on pause mode. Im still waiting for a splash anything would be better than nothing. All I ask for is for Donte Whitner or Lauron Landry just that and I'd be happy.

LeRon Landry is under contract with the Redskins. I think you mean his brother, Dawan Landry.