Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Critique my line up please. It's an auction league and I could win up to 2k.

QB: Jay Cutler, Andrew Luck (Both late picks, banking on the upside)

RB: Donald Brown, David Wilson, CJ Spiller, (NYG Rook) (Brown, Wilson already did well in preseason)

WR: Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Robert Mecheam

TE: Vernon Davis, Dallas Clark

D: Texans (I'll flex FA during bye week)

K: Mason Crosby, David Akers

Our league you start QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, D, K

You have good quarterbacks, it's just that there are at least 8 better quarterbacks out there. That's a problem.

Your running backs are average at best. They have tons of upside, but besides Brown, none of them will be starting.

You have a monster wide receiver core. Don't even need to see the other receiving cores in your league, because that's the best.

Your tight end core is a solid one.

Texans D won't be as good this year, but they should be in the top 7. Solid pick.

Mason Crosby is a fantastic fantasy kicker.

Try to trade Andre Johnson (and a RB) and get a solid starting running back, and I'd say your team could definitely win. Your a top 10 RB away from being stellar.

Hope this helps.

You have good quarterbacks, it's just that there are at least 8 better quarterbacks out there. That's a problem.

Your running backs are average at best. They have tons of upside, but besides Brown, none of them will be starting.

You have a monster wide receiver core. Don't even need to see the other receiving cores in your league, because that's the best.

Your tight end core is a solid one.

Texans D won't be as good this year, but they should be in the top 7. Solid pick.

Mason Crosby is a fantastic fantasy kicker.

Try to trade Andre Johnson (and a RB) and get a solid starting running back, and I'd say your team could definitely win. Your a top 10 RB away from being stellar.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input. I'm hoping David Wilson will be prove by the time week 3-4 rolls around but you make a good statement on how I should make some moves w. one of my WR for a better RB.

In order for me to get the best out of my deal though, I think I should wait till either Donald or David becomes an intruiging commodity. bc right now, no one even considers them above average tier at best.

If Cutler has a breakout season like he is supposed to your team should be pretty solid, but your RBs are a little suspect. Why do you think David Wilson will beat out Bradshaw? Your WR are top notch and that should help your team succeed. You'll have to do some work to make the playoffs.

I'm not really sure why you have two kickers.

If Cutler has a breakout season like he is supposed to your team should be pretty solid, but your RBs are a little suspect. Why do you think David Wilson will beat out Bradshaw? Your WR are top notch and that should help your team succeed. You'll have to do some work to make the playoffs.

I'm not really sure why you have two kickers.

I figured since theres probably about 3-4 kickers that will consistently provide 12+ points every week. I could use it as a trade leverage along with one of my WR.

I would be terrified if that were my team.

Bad RBs, whom your holding out hope that others will get hurt.

Avg at best QB What's Cutlers ceiling? 4000/30 max?

Your 2nd WR can't stay healthy, or find the end zone. Your 3rd WR is questionable at best.

Your TE while solid, isn't gonna win you games.

I gotta ask, where did all of your $ go? What was your limit? Did you sell out on Calvin?!

QB: Jay Cutler, Andrew Luck (Both late picks, banking on the upside)

RB: Donald Brown, David Wilson, CJ Spiller, (NYG Rook) (Brown, Wilson already did well in preseason)

WR: Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Robert Mecheam

TE: Vernon Davis, Dallas Clark

D: Texans (I'll flex FA during bye week)

K: Mason Crosby, David Akers

Our league you start QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, D, K

QB : I'd be scared. Cutler is playing behind a bad line and is injury prone. Luck is unproven but a solid backup for bye week at this point.

RB : Brown will be ok but he's an RB2 at best. Carter and Ballard will probably get a lot of his goal line carries and that will rob you of touchdowns. The only thing you can count on is him breaking off those miracle runs. The rest are backups that will see maybe 5-10 carries a game? eh...don't like it.

WR: Calvin Johnson - A+ but beware the madden curse! Andre Johnson, huge upside but he's injury prone. Meachem, hard to tell what his role will be like in SD, but is a decent WR3.

TE: Vernon Davis is a good pick, Clark will be interesting to watch for

DEF: Texans D is great.

K : Crosby, Akers are both good

My suggestions?

1. See if you can trade Andre Johnson for an upgrade at QB or RB, maybe like Matthew Stafford or DeMarco Murray. Then see if you can grab Collie or another under rated WR to fill Johnson's spot.

2. Drop Crosby and grab a 2nd defense and play the matchups week by week. Akers is going to be your best kicker every week. Wade Phillips' defense is notorious for failing in year 2. So I'd like to have a safety net just in case the Texans play a high flying offense.

I would be terrified if that were my team.

Bad RBs, whom your holding out hope that others will get hurt.

Avg at best QB What's Cutlers ceiling? 4000/30 max?

Your 2nd WR can't stay healthy, or find the end zone. Your 3rd WR is questionable at best.

Your TE while solid, isn't gonna win you games.

I gotta ask, where did all of your $ go? What was your limit? Did you sell out on Calvin?!

my budget went on 2 franchise WRs.

I bank on upsides and free agency. We'll see how Fleener and Collie develops and I'll replace my flex bench slots for either or, and figure it out.

QB : I'd be scared. Cutler is playing behind a bad line and is injury prone. Luck is unproven but a solid backup for bye week at this point.

RB : Brown will be ok but he's an RB2 at best. Carter and Ballard will probably get a lot of his goal line carries and that will rob you of touchdowns. The only thing you can count on is him breaking off those miracle runs. The rest are backups that will see maybe 5-10 carries a game? eh...don't like it.

WR: Calvin Johnson - A+ but beware the madden curse! Andre Johnson, huge upside but he's injury prone. Meachem, hard to tell what his role will be like in SD, but is a decent WR3.

TE: Vernon Davis is a good pick, Clark will be interesting to watch for

DEF: Texans D is great.

K : Crosby, Akers are both good

My suggestions?

1. See if you can trade Andre Johnson for an upgrade at QB or RB, maybe like Matthew Stafford or DeMarco Murray. Then see if you can grab Collie or another under rated WR to fill Johnson's spot.

2. Drop Crosby and grab a 2nd defense and play the matchups week by week. Akers is going to be your best kicker every week. Wade Phillips' defense is notorious for failing in year 2. So I'd like to have a safety net just in case the Texans play a high flying offense.

Thanks for your suggestions, AJ80 maybe a questionable WR2 in my roster but I think upside for Donald Brown is greater than AJ80's downside. I think I'll wait for 2-3 regular season games to see what adjustments I should make.

Thank you guys. Much appreciated.