Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2025 Draft Needs

We "need" corner, linebacker, safety, and the next generation of defensive line.

HOWEVER

This is the last year of Ehlinger's rookie contract, and we are most likely not going to retain him.  And Flacco is 40 years old next year.  We only signed him to a 1-year contract.  We're gonna have to draft a QB.  Not in the early rounds.  We're not looking for a new franchise QB (yet!!!!)  Draft a QB in rounds 4 or 5, and bring in another veteran for primary backup duty.

I'm in the minority but I say Right tackle...

Braden Smith has 1 less year than Defo left on contract. We just lost Fries for the season. Draft a guy that can play Right Guard for now and eventually takeover Right tackle because Raimann deal is around the corner to.

RT, D-line, Safety, LB and CB 

I would grab a RB as well because JT isn't playing hurt anymore 

In order:

1. Corner (CB1)

2. FS

3. Edge

4. TE

5. Depth (everywhere but WR)

If we’re not limiting it to just players

1. GM

2. Defensive coordinator 

3. CB

4. FS

5. TE

This team is not not nearly as good as our record shows. So many things within the organization are wrong. TBH I’m not opposed to blowing it up and building around Steichen, but even he’d be on thin ice.

8 hours ago, Mr. Too Proud said:

I'm in the minority but I say Right tackle...

Braden Smith has 1 less year than Defo left on contract. We just lost Fries for the season. Draft a guy that can play Right Guard for now and eventually takeover Right tackle because Raimann deal is around the corner to.

RT, D-line, Safety, LB and CB 

I would grab a RB as well because JT isn't playing hurt anymore 

It’s possible that the guy you want who starts at RG and then moves to RT is already on the Roster.    

Matt Goncalves.  

I don’t think the Colts would draft him 82nd overall unless they saw starting talent.   I don’t think his future is as a depth guy.   Maybe he’s only a RG?  

Maybe the future RT to replace Smith comes in R1 in 2026? 

Just thinking out loud.